• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Macker View Post
    1954-55-56 Aaron
    How did I forget about those?

Comment

Originally posted by ipitch View Post
      Thanks. They flipped the Niekro picture. I wonder if they did that on purpose.

Hey, what are you looking at, tough guy?....
      Haha, that reminds me of a book i was reading yesterday. Back in '65 Bob UEcker posed as a lefty for Topps to see if they'd notice. lol.
      "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
      -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
      -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Here's my favorite, 2 different companies the same year.

carew.jpg

Rod-Carew.JPG
        Check out my Twins autograph collection at www.twinscards.com. My autographs to trade at http://baseballcarddatabase.com/view...?Collection=57

Comment

Originally posted by jakre View Post
          Here's my favorite, 2 different companies the same year.

[ATTACH]80184[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80185[/ATTACH]

Speaking of Carew, Topps used the same pic for its '68 and '69 sets.

Seems like those two years keep reappearing under this topic.
          Last edited by Extra Innings; 01-14-2010, 10:26 AM.
          My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

Sadly, some of those were from years when Topps still cared about quality! I hate to see what they're going to do now that they've got a monopoly once again.

Comment

What do you mean they got a monopoly?
              "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
              -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
              -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Originally posted by Cubsfan97 View Post
                What do you mean they got a monopoly?
                MLB signed an exclusive deal with Topps. While I believe Upper Deck may still be allowed to produce cards of players they will not be allowed to use any MLB team logos.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/06/sp...l/06cards.html

As if that weren't bad enough:

http://www.newbritainherald.com/arti...4710774619.txt

Comment

Originally posted by The Commissioner View Post
                  MLB signed an exclusive deal with Topps. While I believe Upper Deck may still be allowed to produce cards of players they will not be allowed to use any MLB team logos.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/06/sp...l/06cards.html

As if that weren't bad enough:

http://www.newbritainherald.com/arti...4710774619.txt
                  And it was bad enough when Topps got Boardwalk and Park Place
                  Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                  Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Wow that sucks. So what does it mean that Upper Deck can still make cards, like do they have to blur our logos on uniforms?
                    -Rogers Hornsby-

-Rogers Hornsby-

Comment

Upper Deck may not be making ANY cards.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...RaeT64DijxTQXK
                      Japanese entertainment company Konami Entertainment sued Upper Deck for copyright infringement, breach of contract and trademark counterfeiting, alleging Upper Deck illegally reproduced more than 600,000 of Konami's popular Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. After more than a year of trading motions, a judge is set to rule on damages to be awarded to Konami on Jan. 26.
                      "This could be the end of Upper Deck," said Joshua Leland Evans, chairman of memorabilia shop Leland's Auction House in Bohemia, NY. "I'm not sure they can survive this. We are hearing big rumors of financial trouble at Upper Deck. It could only be a matter of time before they go out of business."

Comment

I honestly would not mind if Upper Deck went under. I have never been fond of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
                          I honestly would not mind if Upper Deck went under. I have never been fond of them.
                          I'll trade you my last pulls of Topps game-used for an even-up number of your game-used, uh, ANYTHING
                          Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by ipitch View Post
                            Upper Deck may not be making ANY cards.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...RaeT64DijxTQXK
                            :hissyfit::grouchy I am REALLY looking forward to UD 2010 BASEBALL in early February

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
                              I'll trade you my last pulls of Topps game-used for an even-up number of your game-used, uh, ANYTHING
                              I don't trade game used cards. I normally sell them for stamps so I can send stuff out to get signed TTM.

EDIT: Though I normally don't get much for them, I mean I just sold a Chris Young (pitcher) jersey card for three stamps and a Ben Sheets for two. But, I'd rather do that than let them sit in my storage space where they'll never see the light of day again. I don't really collect cards like that. I basically buy boxes of cards for the rookies, so I can send them out to get signed (because that's mostly all I send is rookie cards).
                              Last edited by Cowtipper; 01-15-2010, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
                                I don't trade game used cards. I normally sell them for stamps
                                I'm surprised you can get that much for Topps GU

<I basically buy boxes of cards for the rookies, so I can send them out to get signed (because that's mostly all I send is rookie cards).>

Whaddya do with the non-rooks?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X