• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 2010 TTM Success Thread

Elroy Face: 2/2 c/o home 6 days
    John O'Donoghue: 1/1 c/o home 7 days
    Eddie Watt: 4/4 c/o home 19 days
    Jerry Mumphrey: 2/2 c/o home 21 days

Will be sending one of the Face cards to Vern Law to get signed as well.
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Great day today:

- Fernando Valenzuela 1/2 c/o home in 10 days.
    - Oddibe McDowell 1/1 c/o home in 10 days.
    - Marty Marion 1/1 c/o home in 13 days.
    - Ernie Banks 1/1 c/o home in 7 days. He signed and personalized the photo, and also answered a few questions I sent him.

Comment

One in yesterday: Keith Hughes c/o home. Another Met for the collection.
      Attached Files

Comment

Matt Click c/o McNeese State

http://collegesummerball.blogspot.co...att-click.html
        Check out my site devoted to the greatness of college summer leagues.

Comment

One in today in about 2 weeks: Brent Gaff c/o home. You may not be able to see it in the scans, but the envelope came back all chewed up from the Post Office and both cards are slightly bent in the bottom left corners. Still happy with the return for my Mets' collection.
          Attached Files

Comment

Gary Bell: 5/5 c/o home 7 days
            Roman Mejias: 1/1 c/o home 18 days
            "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
            -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
            -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Doug Harvey: 1/2 c/o home 10 days. Signed my IC and inscribed 'HOF 2010'.
              My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

One in today....Nate McClouth....1/1 c/o team from last season...postmark was from Grand Rapids, MI.

Comment

Troy Neel in today
                  scan0218.jpg
                  Family Autograph Thread
                  http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=75871

Comment

RTS Failure Bobby Sanders (Wrong Bobby Sanders...I knew this one was coming and have the correct address now)
                    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                    -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

One today. Clay Bellinger
                      MySpace Codes

Comment

One in today: Frank Lary c/o home in about 4 months. Another former Met added to the collection.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NateMan View Post
                          Great day today:

- Fernando Valenzuela 1/2 c/o home in 10 days.
                          - Oddibe McDowell 1/1 c/o home in 10 days.
                          - Marty Marion 1/1 c/o home in 13 days.
                          - Ernie Banks 1/1 c/o home in 7 days. He signed and personalized the photo, and also answered a few questions I sent him.
                          Nice going with the Banks. Never thought he'd be a good TTMer.

Comment

Originally posted by CorduroyCalves View Post
                            Nice going with the Banks. Never thought he'd be a good TTMer.
                            Yeah, I didn't either. And I really was surprised that he answered my questions and added an inscription! I was quite happy.

Comment

Three successes and one failure...first the successes...

-Stu Miller 1/1 c/o home (Signed a 1966 Topps card. No info on Steve.)
                              -Frank Peters 2/1 c/o work (Signed my Signature Card and a picture of himself tending bar in Orgeon! Plus a really nice, long letter! Frank was one of Steve Dalkowski's more colorful teammates right at the end of his career...I couldn't NOT send to him.)
                              -Jack Tupper 2/1 c/o home (Signed my Signature Card as well as a really cool, home-made card with the 1962 Binghamton Triplets! Result of a technical success.)

The failure...

-Ron Kotick c/o home (RTS, Not Deliverable as Addressed, Unable to Forward)
                              "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                              -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X