X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In today:

Wayne Twitchell - 1/2 c/o home in 9 days
    sigpic
    Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
    Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

• Daniel Bard 2/2 c/o ST. About two weeks.
      Trusted traders list-
      Mike D. Rockhound, MadHatter

2007 PawSox Dunkin Donuts set: 24/30.

Still need: Kevin Cash, Jacoby Ellsbury, George Kottaras, Jon Lester, Brandon Moss and Ed Rogers.

Comment

• Two great successes today!

-Tom Parsons 1/1 c/o home (Tom signed his 1962 Topps Rookie Card for me, wrote a short note, and included a color photocopy of a 1957 article about his pitching against Steve Dalkowski in the Appalachian League!)
        -Jim Ponceroff 1/1 c/o home (Jim's the result of a technical success and is a REALLY awesome guy! Incidentally, he was also one of the first pitchers to throw a cut fastball, beginning in 1962. Jim estimated a 2-3 mph speed differential between his fastball and his "funny slider." While trying to learn a conventional slider from veteran reliever Harry Oliver, Jim pretty much accidentally developed a cutter, though he called it a slider at the time. "I knew I had something different," Jim said. He doesn't take credit for inventing the pitch, however. Harry Oliver, the pitcher he'd learned it from, was also capable of throwing the pitch, and had been since the late 1950's. Harry Oliver in turn learned the pitch from a pitcher who had deliberately come up with it, but Jim couldn't recall the name. "I think there's your inventor.")
        "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
        -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

• Today brought,
          Ricky Nolasco 2/2 14 Days. C/O Marlins ST. Ricky signed a 08 & 09 Topps Heritage w/Blue Sharpie

Just came back from a small show where Dwight Gooden was signing. Got him on a OMLB Shea Stadium Ball. Doc added "85 NL Cy Young".
          sigpic
          As of 1/11/15 7369 Autographs and Growing!! 6472 of which are Baseball!
          164 Pieces of Sports Memorabilia

Check out my Ebay listings!! Seller ID Howiek1227

Some of my Memorabilia Collection
          http://photobucket.com/HowiesMemo
          Check out my new Blog
          www.strongislandgrapher.blogspot.com

Comment

• Tom Yewcic
            scan0272..jpg
            Family Autograph Thread
            http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=75871

Comment

• Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
              Bill...you got Mike LaValliere TTM? You know the odds of that are roughly equivalent to winning the lottery? He signs TTM, sure...but EXTREMELY rarely. Like, 1 or 2 reported successes on SCN per year.

As for me: TWO RTS's.

-Photi Anthony
              -Hal Haddock
              I know I have tired a number of times..in fact had to have a friend in the hobby give me cards. I think it was the "family" reference that put it over the edge. He lived in NH and tried there a few times but no luck..think he lives in FLA now. My friend in the hobby got him a few years back but got one back of three, I think.
              Family Autograph Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by kearns643 View Post
                Tom Yewcic
                [ATTACH]83747[/ATTACH]

I'll always think of him as a Patriot...
                sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• "I know I have tired a number of times..in fact had to have a friend in the hobby give me cards. I think it was the "family" reference that put it over the edge. He lived in NH and tried there a few times but no luck..think he lives in FLA now. My friend in the hobby got him a few years back but got one back of three, I think."

I actually spent a substantial amount of time looking for his father, Guy LaValliere, since Guy was a teammate of Steve Dalkowski's in 1958 with the Knoxville Smokies and a regular ballplayer. I had a working address, but then cross-checked it with the Social Security Death Index and found that he passed away in 2003.

On a good but totally unrelated note, I found working addresses for both Hal Haddock and Photi Anthony yesterday and re-sent.
                  "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

• From Saturday...

Mark Buehrle: 1/1 c/o White Sox ST 11 days.
                    My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

• Tracy Woodson - 2/1 via home address in 66 days. Signed my card and one index card.
                      Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

• Two successes!

-Ken Fisher 1/1 c/o home (Wrote a really long, nice letter about what it was like batting against Steve Dalkowski. Signed a Signature Card.)
                        -Don Jacquin (Promised to sign Signature Card once he got it, but did sign the really long, nice letter)
                        -Norm Shill (I'd actually had a prior success with him, but he sent me two pictures of himself with the Visalia A's and a box score from 1960 where Steve Dalkowski pitched that I didn't have. Norm has the highest batting average of any left-handed hitter against Steve Dalkowski with a minimum of 10 PA's.)

Comment

• Two in today -

Vern Law - 2/2 Signed 1959 Topps Buc Hill Aces Card. It is now signed by all 3 living players on the card - Law, Friend and Face. He also sent a short note on the index card I provided. - 9 days
                          Julio Becquer - 1/1 - Signed 1960 Topps - 9 Days
                          Baseball Happenings
                          - Linking baseball's past, present and future.
                          http://baseballhappenings.blogspot.com

Comment

• Today brought,
                            Nick Koback 2/2 6 Days. Mr. Koback signed 2 customs, 1 Forbes Field and 1 Generic Sweet Spot Custom w/Black Sharpie. Mr. Koback played 3 yrs 53-55. All with the Pirates.
                            He also played in the minors till 1960
                            Joe Durham 2/2 6 Days. Mr. Durhame signed 2 customs, 1 Memorial Stadium and 1 Generic Sweet Spot w/Black sharpie. Mr. Durham played from 53-64 and
                            played with the Orioles in 54,57 & 59
                            Hal Naragon 3/2 7 Days. Mr. Naragon signed 2 customs, 1 Municepal Stadium and 1 Generic Sweet Spot and added a Short note on an IC, Thanking me for writing and wishing me luck with my collection. Mr. Naragon played for 10 seasons with the Indians, Senators and Twins.
                            Lou Brissie 2/2 7 Days. Mr. Brissie signed 2 customs, 1 Municepal Stadium and 1 Generic Sweet Spot w/Black Sharpie. He also added 1-1. Mr. Brissie played from 47-53 with the Philidelphia A's and the Indians. He was an All-Star in 1949 when he was 16-11, 29 Game Starts and 18 Complete games.
                            sigpic
                            As of 1/11/15 7369 Autographs and Growing!! 6472 of which are Baseball!
                            164 Pieces of Sports Memorabilia

Check out my Ebay listings!! Seller ID Howiek1227

Some of my Memorabilia Collection
                            http://photobucket.com/HowiesMemo
                            Check out my new Blog
                            www.strongislandgrapher.blogspot.com

Comment

• Howie Kopolitz (all badly smudged) Regan Flaherty
                              scan0273..jpg
                              Family Autograph Thread

Comment