No announcement yet.

March 2010 TTM Success Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruben Amaro Jr.: 1/1 c/o Phillies 9 days.
    My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

• If you haven't done so already, I urge you to buy Brissie's book - The Corporal Was a Pitcher.
      http://www.amazon.com/Corporal-Was-P.../dp/1600781047

He has an excellent story and the book is a great read. It's a miracle that Brissie made it to the Majors after what happened during WWII.

Originally posted by howiek View Post
      Lou Brissie 2/2 7 Days. Mr. Brissie signed 2 customs, 1 Municepal Stadium and 1 Generic Sweet Spot w/Black Sharpie. He also added 1-1. Mr. Brissie played from 47-53 with the Philidelphia A's and the Indians. He was an All-Star in 1949 when he was 16-11, 29 Game Starts and 18 Complete games.
      Baseball Happenings
      - Linking baseball's past, present and future.
      http://baseballhappenings.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by metrotheme View Post
        If you haven't done so already, I urge you to buy Brissie's book - The Corporal Was a Pitcher.
        http://www.amazon.com/Corporal-Was-P.../dp/1600781047

He has an excellent story and the book is a great read. It's a miracle that Brissie made it to the Majors after what happened during WWII.
        I was talking the other day with a marine veteran of WWII who had also read the book. He said it was the only time he'd seen anyone from the Army with guts (his actual word was much more colorful).
        Trusted traders list-
        Mike D. Rockhound, MadHatter

2007 PawSox Dunkin Donuts set: 24/30.

Still need: Kevin Cash, Jacoby Ellsbury, George Kottaras, Jon Lester, Brandon Moss and Ed Rogers.

Comment

• Roman Mejias - 2/2 - Signed 1957 Topps + Index Card - 3.5 Weeks
          Baseball Happenings
          - Linking baseball's past, present and future.
          http://baseballhappenings.blogspot.com

Comment

• In today:

Josh Anderson - 2/2 c/o Spring Training in 17 days
            sigpic
            Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
            Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

• Today brought,
              Walt Streuli 1/2 7 Days. Mr. Streuli signed a Tiger Stadium Custom w/Black Ball Point and added Briggs Stadium. Didn't realize Tiger Stadium also went by 2 different names since it was built back in 1912. Navin Field from 1912-1938 and then Briggs Stadium 1938-1960. I'll have to change some of the customs. Mr. Streuli played for the Tigers from 1954-1956. Kept my other custom. I think it was a different Tiger Stadium one. Someone else will probably end of with it.
              George Zuverink 2/2 8 Days., Mr. Zuverink signed 2 customs, 1 Municepal Stadium and 1 Memorial Stadium w/Fine Blue Sharpie. Mr. Zuverink played from 1951-1959 w/ the Indians, Reds, Tigers and Orioles.
              Don Mossi 2/2 8 Days, Mr. Mossi signed 2 customs, 1 Municepal Stadium and 1 Tiger Stadium. Mr. Mossi played from 54-65 w/the Indians, Tigers, White Sox and Kansas City A's. He was an All-Star in 1957.
              Last edited by howiek; 03-30-2010, 04:22 PM.
              sigpic
              As of 1/11/15 7369 Autographs and Growing!! 6472 of which are Baseball!
              164 Pieces of Sports Memorabilia

Check out my Ebay listings!! Seller ID Howiek1227

Some of my Memorabilia Collection
              http://photobucket.com/HowiesMemo
              Check out my new Blog
              www.strongislandgrapher.blogspot.com

Comment

• Sparky Anderson: 1/1 c/o home 7 days.

I noticed that Sparky was signing again so hopefully his health has improved.
                My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

• Today brought,
                  Jim Lonborg 2/2 6 Days. Mr. Lonborg signed 2 customs, 1 Fenway Park and 1 Veterans Stadium w/Fine Blue Sharpie. Mr Lonborg played 15 yrs from 65-79 and played for the Redsox, Brewers for 1 yr and the Phillies. In 1967 Mr. Lonborg won the AL CY and was an All-Star. He was 22-9.
                  Bob Priddy 2/2 5 Days. Mr. Priddy signed 2 customs, 1 Comiskey Park and 1 Forbes Field w/Fine Black Sharpie. Mr. Priddy played from 62-71. He played for the Pirates, Giants, Senators, White Sox, Angles and Braves.
                  Ray Narleski 2/2 9 Days. Mr. Narleski signed 2 customs, 1 Tiger Stadium and 1 Munipal Stadium w/Fine Blue Sharpie. Mr. Narleski played from 54-59 w/ the Indians for 5 yrs and 1 for the Tigers. He was an All-Star 1956 and 1958
                  sigpic
                  As of 1/11/15 7369 Autographs and Growing!! 6472 of which are Baseball!
                  164 Pieces of Sports Memorabilia

Check out my Ebay listings!! Seller ID Howiek1227

Some of my Memorabilia Collection
                  http://photobucket.com/HowiesMemo
                  Check out my new Blog
                  www.strongislandgrapher.blogspot.com

Comment

• Over the weekend
                    scan0275..jpg
                    Family Autograph Thread
                    http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=75871

Comment

• And wow, I got my mail early!

-Al Marshall 1/1 c/o home (Brother of Dick Marshall, Yankees organizational pitcher, deceased...this one I got for you, kearns643.)
                      -Dick Sovde 1/1 c/o home (Wrote a really nice letter, though said it was difficult to remember any specific games. Still, he provided me with some helpful stuff on his time with Steve Dalkowski. Signed a Signature Card, and he has one of the nicest signatures I've ever seen. A mixture of Omar Linares and Bill Monbouquette.)
                      "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                      -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

• Milton Bradley - 1/1 c/o Mariners ST in 20 days.

Gaby Sanchez - 1/1 c/o Marlins ST in 15 days.

Both signed '09 Topps Heritage cards. Man those look good signed. I'm now 7-for-32 sending to ST 2010 (21%).
                        Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
                          And wow, I got my mail early!

-Al Marshall 1/1 c/o home (Brother of Dick Marshall, Yankees organizational pitcher, deceased...this one I got for you, kearns643.)
                          -Dick Sovde 1/1 c/o home (Wrote a really nice letter, though said it was difficult to remember any specific games. Still, he provided me with some helpful stuff on his time with Steve Dalkowski. Signed a Signature Card, and he has one of the nicest signatures I've ever seen. A mixture of Omar Linares and Bill Monbouquette.)
                          You are too good to me, JW...thank you..
                          Family Autograph Thread

Comment

• Donald Harris
                            scan0276..jpg
                            Family Autograph Thread

Comment

• "You are too good to me, JW...thank you.."

Sure, np! Any time! Also spoke with Jack Tupper yesterday. He got your card and said he'd put it in the mail today.
                              "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
                              -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

• Originally posted by howiek View Post
                                Today brought,
                                Jim Lonborg 2/2 6 Days. Mr. Lonborg signed 2 customs, 1 Fenway Park and 1 Veterans Stadium w/Fine Blue Sharpie. Mr Lonborg played 15 yrs from 65-79 and played for the Redsox, Brewers for 1 yr and the Phillies. In 1967 Mr. Lonborg won the AL CY and was an All-Star. He was 22-9.
                                Bob Priddy 2/2 5 Days. Mr. Priddy signed 2 customs, 1 Comiskey Park and 1 Forbes Field w/Fine Black Sharpie. Mr. Priddy played from 62-71. He played for the Pirates, Giants, Senators, White Sox, Angles and Braves.
                                Ray Narleski 2/2 9 Days. Mr. Narleski signed 2 customs, 1 Tiger Stadium and 1 Munipal Stadium w/Fine Blue Sharpie. Mr. Narleski played from 54-59 w/ the Indians for 5 yrs and 1 for the Tigers. He was an All-Star 1956 and 1958
                                Does Dr. Lonborg have a fee..and did you send to his home or office?
                                sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X