March 2010 TTM Success Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In today:

Ruben Amaro Jr - 1/1 c/o Phillies in 12 days. Returned it in my SASE and had an SASE of mine in the envelope. Uh oh... that probably means one of my requests did not have an SASE in it.
    sigpic
    Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
    Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

Tom McCraw - 3/1 via home address in 26 days. Signed my card and both index cards.
      Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

I played against Reid in HS and College. I was glad to see him make the Majors last year after the setback he had in the minors. He was a great HS / college player. He's in the wrong organization now as an outfielder as he is way down on the depth chart in terms of outfielders. I am going to send to him once I find out where he will end up in the minors.

Originally posted by howiek View Post
        Today brought,
        Reid Gorecki 1/1 32 Days C/O Yankees ST. Reid is a Yankees Non-Roster Invitee who also is a Long Island Product. Reid signed a 10 Topps w/Fine Blue Sharpie
        Doubt he will make the team. He'll probably go to Scranton. But, I'm pulling for him because he is from the Island.
        Baseball Happenings
        - Linking baseball's past, present and future.
        http://baseballhappenings.blogspot.com

Comment

Joe Durham - 2/3 - Signed 4x6 photo, baseball card. Sent me a short note but didn't sign my index card (or return it). - 10 days.
          Baseball Happenings
          - Linking baseball's past, present and future.
          http://baseballhappenings.blogspot.com

Comment

Tom McCraw: 3/3 c/o home 46 days
            Ian Snell: 2/2 c/o ST 6 days
            "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
            -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
            -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Two returns today!!!

-George Sherrod 1/1 c/o home (Result of a technical success, plus a really nice note!)
              -Rex Johnston 1/1 c/o home (Signed a card, nothing on Steve, but I'd been told he was impossible either way! Then again, I used a completely different address than either Harvey or Smalling or really anything. Definitely his sig, though.)
              "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
              -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Today brought a Former Brooklyn Dodger,
                Dick Teed 2/2 5 Days. Mr. Teed signed 2 customs, 1 Ebbets field custom and 1 generic Sweet Spot Card w/Black Ball Point.
                Mr. Teed played in 1 game on July 24, 1953 for the Dodgers and struckout in his only at bat. He did play 17 yrs in the minors from 1947-1965 in 1400 games.
                Last edited by howiek; 03-18-2010, 02:20 PM.
                sigpic
                As of 1/11/15 7369 Autographs and Growing!! 6472 of which are Baseball!
                164 Pieces of Sports Memorabilia

Check out my Ebay listings!! Seller ID Howiek1227

Some of my Memorabilia Collection
                http://photobucket.com/HowiesMemo
                Check out my new Blog
                www.strongislandgrapher.blogspot.com

Comment

In today:

Bob Anderson - 3/1 c/o home in 17 days
                  Sid Akins - 1/1 c/o home in 14 days
                  sigpic
                  Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
                  Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

"Dick Teed 2/2 5 Days. Mr. Teed signed 2 customs, 1 Ebbets field custom and 1 generic Sweet Spot Card w/Black Ball Point.
                    Mr. Teed played in 1 game on July 24, 1953 for the Dodgers and struckout in his only at bat. He did play 17 yrs in the minors from 1947-1965 in 1400 games."

Hope that means mine comes back soon. I wrote Mr. Teed a while ago to ask him what managing against Steve Dalkowski in 1964 and 1965 was like.
                    "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

Paul Maholm c/o Pittsburgh Pirates 257 days

Comment

VERY nice day today at the mailbox!

-Mike Epstein 1/1 c/o home (Signed a 1968 Topps card; result of a technical success. Great personalization!)
                        -Al Marshall 1/1 c/o home (Signed a Signature Card; result of a technical success. Personalized to my full name and, being the brother of Yankees prospect pitcher Dick Marshall, said to send him another card [which I did] to sign for Bill's family autograph project. Very good letter in general!!!)
                        -Hugh Springer 1/1 c/o home (Result of a technical success, one of the greatest senses of humor I've encountered in a ballplayer! Hugh is so good that I think he could be a stand-up comic. On his autograph, which he signed on a generic Signature Card: "You sure you don't want me to devalue this with my autograph? It must've cost you at least a quarter!")
                        -Ken Temple 1/1 c/o home (Result of a technical success, plus an awesome letter, though he apologized for a delay in getting the card out due to family health problems, which he specified; please keep Ken's family in your thoughts and prayers! Ken is also the one guy I genuinely trust to tell me off-the-field stories about Steve Dalkowski and for that matter, the only one I will listen to. I have my reasons. Signed a Signature Card.)

Comment

Today brought another Former Brooklyn Dodger,
                          Ron Negray 2/2 6 Days. Mr. Negray signed 2 customs, 1 Ebbets field custom and 1 generic Sweet Spot Card w/Fine Black Sharpie.
                          Mr. Negray pitched in 4 games for the Dodgers in 1952, he also pitched for Phillies, then back to the Dodgers in 1958. He playing career started in 1949 and lasted till1963 mostly in the minors
                          In 1942 he was pitching for Valdosta he was 21-6
                          sigpic
                          As of 1/11/15 7369 Autographs and Growing!! 6472 of which are Baseball!
                          164 Pieces of Sports Memorabilia

Check out my Ebay listings!! Seller ID Howiek1227

Some of my Memorabilia Collection
                          http://photobucket.com/HowiesMemo
                          Check out my new Blog
                          www.strongislandgrapher.blogspot.com

Comment

Today...

Pat Zachry 1/1 2 weeks
                            c/o home

Comment

In today

Davis Aardsma - 1/1 c/o Seattle Mariners ST 2009 (337 days)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
                                -Mike Epstein 1/1 c/o home (Signed a 1968 Topps card; result of a technical success. Great personalization!)
                                I've been meaning to ask - what is a "technical success?"
                                WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X