No announcement yet.

March 2010 TTM Success Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One in yesterday (Friday): Paul Siebert c/o home. Another former Met for my collection.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      In today

Davis Aardsma - 1/1 c/o Seattle Mariners ST 2009 (337 days)
      I guess they didn't forward it to Seattle last year.
      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Bob Bathe brother of Bill
        scan0269.jpg
        Family Autograph Thread
        http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=75871

Comment

Three in today!

Memo Luna - 1/1 - Signed 54 Bowman via private signing. He was the first Mexican in MLB.
          ElRoy Face - 2/2 - Signed 1959 Topps Buc Hill Aces Card, Index Card - Now off to Vern Law - 1 Week
          Leo Cardenas - 1/1 - Signed 1960 Topps - 1 Week
          Baseball Happenings
          - Linking baseball's past, present and future.
          http://baseballhappenings.blogspot.com

Comment

"I've been meaning to ask - what is a "technical success?" "

Knowing in advance from communication...either phone or email...with the player that you know you're getting it back. However, some people said I was just taking up space when I posted my technical successes alone (I have about a half dozen outstanding, all of which I expect to get back relatively quickly), but the moderator at the time, AutographCollector, as a compromise, said it would be nice to put down which ballplayers I'd gotten it as a complete surprise from and which ones I knew were coming. I've always referred to these cards as technical successes, because the card is not in hand, but I have a verbal promise from the ballplayer saying he'd either mailied it or or would send it.
            "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
            -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

In today:

Former Portland Sea Dogs trainer - Tim Abraham - 1/1 in 19 days
              Really plowing through that "A" box now.
              sigpic
              Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
              Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

Today brought 5 Old Timers
                Ray Sadecki 2/2 7 Days. Mr. Sadecki signed 2 customs, 1 Shea Stadium and 1 Generic Sweet Spot w/Blue Sharpie
                Jim Gosger 2/2 7 Days. Mr. Gosger signed 2 customs, 1 Shea Stadium and 1 Generic Sweet Spot w/Blue Sharpie
                Pat McGlothin 2/2 7 Days. Mr. McGlothin signed 2 customs, 1 Ebbets Field Custom that he added Dodgers 49 & 50 and 1 Generic Sweet Spot w/Black Ball Point
                Johnny Schmitz 2/2 7 Days. Mr Schmitz signed 2 customs., 1 Ebbets Field and 1 Wrigley Field w/Fine Black Sharpie
                Bob Borkowski 2/2 Days, Mr. Borkowski signed 2 customs., 1 Ebbets Field and 1 Wrigley Field w/Fine Blue Sharpie

In the last 2 weeks I sent out to 25 Old Timers and so far got 7 returns. Mostly on Customs.
                sigpic
                As of 1/11/15 7369 Autographs and Growing!! 6472 of which are Baseball!
                164 Pieces of Sports Memorabilia

Check out my Ebay listings!! Seller ID Howiek1227

Some of my Memorabilia Collection
                http://photobucket.com/HowiesMemo
                Check out my new Blog
                www.strongislandgrapher.blogspot.com

Comment

Fred Talbot: 1/3 c/o home 52 days
                  Art Mahaffey: 1/1 c/o home 91 days
                  Matt Maloney: 1/1 c/o ST 10 days
                  Bobby Knoop: 4/4 c/o home 17 days
                  David Hernandez: 2/2 c/o ST 9 days
                  Juan Pizarro: 3/3 c/o home 20 days
                  Bob Anderson: 3/3 c/.o home 21 days
                  Last edited by Cubsfan97; 03-21-2010, 09:11 AM.
                  "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                  -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                  -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
                    "I've been meaning to ask - what is a "technical success?" "

Knowing in advance from communication...either phone or email...with the player that you know you're getting it back. However, some people said I was just taking up space when I posted my technical successes alone (I have about a half dozen outstanding, all of which I expect to get back relatively quickly), but the moderator at the time, AutographCollector, as a compromise, said it would be nice to put down which ballplayers I'd gotten it as a complete surprise from and which ones I knew were coming. I've always referred to these cards as technical successes, because the card is not in hand, but I have a verbal promise from the ballplayer saying he'd either mailied it or or would send it.
                    Oh ok, thanks for the explanation. I knew that you were working on a book or something and thought the term was related to that. Good luck with your endeavor, and I wish you continued success!
                    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

• Originally posted by kearns643 View Post
                      Bob Bathe brother of Bill
                      [ATTACH]83393[/ATTACH]
                      That's awesome Bill!
                      WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

• I agree...that letter was real powerfull for us. Baseball at its best, I'd say.
                        Family Autograph Thread
                        http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=75871

Comment

• Mike de la Hoz -7 days, on a 61 topps card.
                          Yankees' payroll: $250 millions
                          Marlins' payroll: $50 millions
                          Marlins winning The Series: Priceless

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Comment

• Originally posted by metrotheme View Post
                            Three in today!

Memo Luna - 1/1 - Signed 54 Bowman via private signing. He was the first Mexican in MLB.
                            ElRoy Face - 2/2 - Signed 1959 Topps Buc Hill Aces Card, Index Card - Now off to Vern Law - 1 Week
                            Leo Cardenas - 1/1 - Signed 1960 Topps - 1 Week
                            Could you PM me Leo Cardenas address? Thanks.
                            Yankees' payroll: $250 millions
                            Marlins' payroll: $50 millions
                            Marlins winning The Series: Priceless

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Comment

• FIVE in today, all the results of technical successes...

-Mike Blewett 1/1 c/o home (Signed Signature Card...added a letter apologizing for signing the card upside down and requesting another to sign right side up. I told him via email it was no problem.)
                              -Wayne Carlander 1/1 c/o home (Signed Signature Card...really cool looking sig!)
                              -Dick Harris 1/1 c/o home (Signed Signature Card)
                              -Fred Hopke 1/1 c/o home (Signed his 1960 Leaf card, added a really nice note!)
                              -Jerry Kettle 1/1 c/o home (Signed the Topps Create Your Own Card I made for him...he loves those! Also sent a three-page letter and an article about Pete Cera, longtime Phillies organization/Phillies trainer. Also loves the Staedtler Lumocolor pen I offered to let him keep.)
                              "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

• "Mike de la Hoz -7 days, on a 61 topps card."

Did you pay his fee? Also, have you gotten Blas "Chico" Fernandez back yet?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X