Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
    "Mike de la Hoz -7 days, on a 61 topps card."

Did you pay his fee? Also, have you gotten Blas "Chico" Fernandez back yet?
    Wow, I didnt even know he charged a fee, he writes a column for a baseball blog/website in spanish that I'm an active member of, and I asked him through there if I could get his auto, he told me to write to him and he would send me back a signed photo (I told him I would send him his 61 topps card that I already had), he didnt mention a fee, I'm doubly thankful now.

And I havent had a chance to write to Blas yet, I will be doing so sometime this week.
    Last edited by J.P; 03-22-2010, 12:47 PM.
    Yankees' payroll: $250 millions
    Marlins' payroll: $50 millions
    Marlins winning The Series: Priceless

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Comment

• Bob Kearney - 2/2 via home address in 151 days.
      Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

• Today brought,
        Cliff Chambers 2/2 6 Days. Mr. Chambers signed 2 customs, 1 Forbes Field custom and 1 Generic Sweet Spot custom w/Fine Blue Sharpie.
        Mr. Chambers played from 1948 thru 1953 for the Pirates, Cubs and Cardinals.
        George Lerchen 2/2 6 Days. Mr. Lerchen signed 2 customs, 1 Crosley Field and 1 Tiger Stadium Custom w/Black Ball Point. Mr. Lerchen played in
        1952 for the Tigers and 1953 for the Reds.
        Joe Landrum 2/2 9 Days. Mr. Landrum signed 2 customs, 1 Ebbets Field and 1 Generic Sweet Spot custom w/Black Ball Point. Mr. Landrum played 2 seasons in the Bigs.
        1950 and 1952 with the Dodgers
        Tyler Norrick 1/1 7 Days. C/O Cardinals ST. Tyler signed a 06 Bowman Heritage w/Black Sharpie
        sigpic
        As of 1/11/15 7369 Autographs and Growing!! 6472 of which are Baseball!
        164 Pieces of Sports Memorabilia

Check out my Ebay listings!! Seller ID Howiek1227

Some of my Memorabilia Collection
        http://photobucket.com/HowiesMemo
        Check out my new Blog
        www.strongislandgrapher.blogspot.com

Comment

• "Wow, I didnt even know he charged a fee, he writes a column for a baseball blog/website in spanish that I'm an active member of, and I asked him through there if I could get his auto, he told me to write to him and he would send me back a signed photo (I told him I would send him his 61 topps card that I already had), he didnt mention a fee, I'm doubly thankful now."

I was going to send to him for my Steve Dalkowski book project in a few days...he batted against Steve in 1958 while playing with the Minot Mallards. Was also going to throw in an extra card for you, (as I will with a certain other Cuban player I'm sending to). You just saved me $5!
          "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"
          -Eppa Rixey, upon learning of his induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

• Thank you! PM or IM the address you have and I'll double check it against the one I have to make sure you got the right one, I can also try to get you in touch with him through the website, even though I just checked and he hasnt posted a column in about two weeks.
            Yankees' payroll: $250 millions
            Marlins' payroll: $50 millions
            Marlins winning The Series: Priceless

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Comment

• Cole Cook c/o Pepperdine
              http://www.sportscollectors.net/Photo.aspx?id=70201

Rett Varner c/o UTA
              http://www.sportscollectors.net/Photo.aspx?id=70210
              Check out my site devoted to the greatness of college summer leagues.

Comment

• One in today...surprising since I usually get zilch on Tuesdays!

-Rex Peters 1/1 c/o home (Result of a technical success, but also threw in a nice note! Signed a baseball bat barrel Signature Card, AWESOME sig!)
                "They put me in the Hall of Fame? They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel!"

Motafy (MO-ta-fy) vt. -fied, -fying 1. For a pitcher to melt down in a big game situation; to become like Guillermo Mota. 2. The transformation of a good pitcher into one of Guillermo Mota's caliber.

Comment

• Today was another good day, Thanks to the Old Timers, it brought,
                  Ed Stevens 3/2 7 Days. Mr. Stevens signed 2 customs, 1 Forbes Field and 1 Ebbets Field Custom and wrote a short note Thanking me for the request and adding that he wrote a book and that is on Ebay. Mr. Stevens played from 1945 thru 1950 in the Majors.
                  Tom Saffell 2/2 7 Days.Mr. Saffell signed 2 customs, 1 Forbes Field and 1 Generic Sweet Spot custom w/Black Ball Point. Mr. Saffell played from 1949 thru 1955 with the Pirates and the Philidephia A's
                  Rocky Bridges 3/3 7 Days. Mr. Bridges signed 3 customs, 1 Ebbets Field, 1 Crosley Field and 1 Tiger Stadium w/Fine Blue Sharpie. Mr. Bridges played from 1951 thru 1961 with the Dodgers, Tigers, Reds, Cardinals, Senators, Indians, and Angels
                  Ed Fitz Gerald 2/2 7 Days, Mr. Fitz Gerald signed 2 customs, 1 Forbes Field and 1 Generic Sweet Spot w/Fine Blue Sharpue. Mr. Fitz Gerald played 1948 thru 1959 w/Pirates, Senators and Indians
                  Paul Foytack 2/2 7 Days. Mr. Foytack signed 2 customs, 1 Tigers Stadium and 1 Generic Sweet Spot w/Fine Black Sharpie. Mr. Foytack played from 1953 thru 1964 w/Tigers and his last 2 years with the Angels.
                  Bob Usher 2/2 7 Days. Mr. Usher signed 2 customs, 1 Crosley Field and 1 Generic Sweet Spot w/Fine Blue Sharpie that he personlized. Mr. Usher played from 1946 thru 1957 w/Reds, Senators and Indians
                  Ted Beard 2/2 7 Days. Mr. Beard signed 2 customs, Forbes Field and 1 Generic Sweet Spot w/Fine Blue Sharpie. Mr. Beard played from 1948 thu 1952 and 1957 and 1958 w/Pirates and Whiite Sox
                  sigpic
                  As of 1/11/15 7369 Autographs and Growing!! 6472 of which are Baseball!
                  164 Pieces of Sports Memorabilia

Check out my Ebay listings!! Seller ID Howiek1227

Some of my Memorabilia Collection
                  http://photobucket.com/HowiesMemo
                  Check out my new Blog
                  www.strongislandgrapher.blogspot.com

Comment

• In today:

Rick Anderson - 2/2/ c/o Spring Training in 20 days

RTS from Willie Adams (La Mirada, CA) - does anyone have a recent address for him?
                    sigpic
                    Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
                    Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

• Shairon Martis - 2/2 c/o Washington Nationals ST in 12 days.

I'm now 3-for-32 for ST 2010.

Comment

• Gary Sutherland: 3/3 c/o home 31 days
                        Gus Triandos: 3/3 c/o home 67 days
                        Lonnie Smith: 5/5 c/o home 7 days
                        Dick Baney: 1/1 c/o home 11 days
                        Bobby Etheridge: 2/2 c/o home 12 days

Has anyone had success with Etheridge? Gis sig came back looking like a stamp, I cannot see an indent or nothing, but I got 2 other people saying they can. Just curious. Was a gray-ish pen if it was really signed.
                        "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                        -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                        -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

• "Tom Saffell 2/2 7 Days.Mr. Saffell signed 2 customs, 1 Forbes Field and 1 Generic Sweet Spot custom w/Black Ball Point. Mr. Saffell played from 1949 thru 1955 with the Pirates and the Philidephia A's"

He also was President of the Gulf Coast League from its inception until 2009 and in 1960, was the manager of the Reno Silver Sox. Regarding that particular season (he managed a few other teams in the Minors), he was also the first manager to speak with me about his managerial strategies against Steve Dalkowski (who pitched with Stockton that year). Mr. Saffell's a wonderful guy and if you ever get the chance to speak with him, he'll talk your ear off, and you won't want him to stop, either!

Comment

• Aaron Cunningham - 1/1 c/o San Diego Padres ST in 7 days.

4-for-32 in ST 2010.

Comment

• -Clinton "Butch" McCord 2/1 c/o home (Mr. McCord signed a Signature Card AND his own custom card, which looks like a dead ringer for a 1959 Topps card, stock and all! Result of a technical success, as he kept playing long after his well-known Negro League career was over...long enough to bat against Steve Dalkowski. Hilarious guy, really nice, and threw in a nice letter, too!)

Comment

• I interviewed both Saffell and McCord awhile back. Danny Ozark had high praise for McCord and said he kept McCord on his teams when he was managing in the minors for the Dodgers because of his veteran presence. He made it to AAA with the Dodgers but he wasn't going to come up with Hodges at 1B. He's one of the few living Negro Leaguers that played before 1950 that is still alive. Saffell is going to be 90 this year, I think or 89.
                                Baseball Happenings
                                - Linking baseball's past, present and future.
                                http://baseballhappenings.blogspot.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X