X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• howiek
    replied
    Originally posted by SDL View Post
    Does Dr. Lonborg have a fee..and did you send to his home or office?
    I believe I sent this to his home address and No there was no fee or I was not aware of one.
    and I had no idea he was a Doctor?

Leave a comment:

• SDL
    replied
    Originally posted by howiek View Post
    Today brought,
    Jim Lonborg 2/2 6 Days. Mr. Lonborg signed 2 customs, 1 Fenway Park and 1 Veterans Stadium w/Fine Blue Sharpie. Mr Lonborg played 15 yrs from 65-79 and played for the Redsox, Brewers for 1 yr and the Phillies. In 1967 Mr. Lonborg won the AL CY and was an All-Star. He was 22-9.
    Bob Priddy 2/2 5 Days. Mr. Priddy signed 2 customs, 1 Comiskey Park and 1 Forbes Field w/Fine Black Sharpie. Mr. Priddy played from 62-71. He played for the Pirates, Giants, Senators, White Sox, Angles and Braves.
    Ray Narleski 2/2 9 Days. Mr. Narleski signed 2 customs, 1 Tiger Stadium and 1 Munipal Stadium w/Fine Blue Sharpie. Mr. Narleski played from 54-59 w/ the Indians for 5 yrs and 1 for the Tigers. He was an All-Star 1956 and 1958
    Does Dr. Lonborg have a fee..and did you send to his home or office?

Leave a comment:

• Dalkowski110
    replied
    "You are too good to me, JW...thank you.."

Sure, np! Any time! Also spoke with Jack Tupper yesterday. He got your card and said he'd put it in the mail today.

Leave a comment:

• kearns643
    replied
    Donald Harris
    scan0276..jpg

Leave a comment:

• kearns643
    replied
    Originally posted by Dalkowski110 View Post
    And wow, I got my mail early!

-Al Marshall 1/1 c/o home (Brother of Dick Marshall, Yankees organizational pitcher, deceased...this one I got for you, kearns643.)
    -Dick Sovde 1/1 c/o home (Wrote a really nice letter, though said it was difficult to remember any specific games. Still, he provided me with some helpful stuff on his time with Steve Dalkowski. Signed a Signature Card, and he has one of the nicest signatures I've ever seen. A mixture of Omar Linares and Bill Monbouquette.)
    You are too good to me, JW...thank you..

Leave a comment:

• Mike D.
    replied
    Milton Bradley - 1/1 c/o Mariners ST in 20 days.

Gaby Sanchez - 1/1 c/o Marlins ST in 15 days.

Both signed '09 Topps Heritage cards. Man those look good signed. I'm now 7-for-32 sending to ST 2010 (21%).

Leave a comment:

• Dalkowski110
    replied
    And wow, I got my mail early!

-Al Marshall 1/1 c/o home (Brother of Dick Marshall, Yankees organizational pitcher, deceased...this one I got for you, kearns643.)
    -Dick Sovde 1/1 c/o home (Wrote a really nice letter, though said it was difficult to remember any specific games. Still, he provided me with some helpful stuff on his time with Steve Dalkowski. Signed a Signature Card, and he has one of the nicest signatures I've ever seen. A mixture of Omar Linares and Bill Monbouquette.)

Leave a comment:

• kearns643
    replied
    Over the weekend
    scan0275..jpg

Leave a comment:

• howiek
    replied
    Today brought,
    Jim Lonborg 2/2 6 Days. Mr. Lonborg signed 2 customs, 1 Fenway Park and 1 Veterans Stadium w/Fine Blue Sharpie. Mr Lonborg played 15 yrs from 65-79 and played for the Redsox, Brewers for 1 yr and the Phillies. In 1967 Mr. Lonborg won the AL CY and was an All-Star. He was 22-9.
    Bob Priddy 2/2 5 Days. Mr. Priddy signed 2 customs, 1 Comiskey Park and 1 Forbes Field w/Fine Black Sharpie. Mr. Priddy played from 62-71. He played for the Pirates, Giants, Senators, White Sox, Angles and Braves.
    Ray Narleski 2/2 9 Days. Mr. Narleski signed 2 customs, 1 Tiger Stadium and 1 Munipal Stadium w/Fine Blue Sharpie. Mr. Narleski played from 54-59 w/ the Indians for 5 yrs and 1 for the Tigers. He was an All-Star 1956 and 1958

Leave a comment:

• Extra Innings
    replied
    Sparky Anderson: 1/1 c/o home 7 days.

I noticed that Sparky was signing again so hopefully his health has improved.

Leave a comment:

• howiek
    replied
    Today brought,
    Walt Streuli 1/2 7 Days. Mr. Streuli signed a Tiger Stadium Custom w/Black Ball Point and added Briggs Stadium. Didn't realize Tiger Stadium also went by 2 different names since it was built back in 1912. Navin Field from 1912-1938 and then Briggs Stadium 1938-1960. I'll have to change some of the customs. Mr. Streuli played for the Tigers from 1954-1956. Kept my other custom. I think it was a different Tiger Stadium one. Someone else will probably end of with it.
    George Zuverink 2/2 8 Days., Mr. Zuverink signed 2 customs, 1 Municepal Stadium and 1 Memorial Stadium w/Fine Blue Sharpie. Mr. Zuverink played from 1951-1959 w/ the Indians, Reds, Tigers and Orioles.
    Don Mossi 2/2 8 Days, Mr. Mossi signed 2 customs, 1 Municepal Stadium and 1 Tiger Stadium. Mr. Mossi played from 54-65 w/the Indians, Tigers, White Sox and Kansas City A's. He was an All-Star in 1957.
    Last edited by howiek; 03-30-2010, 04:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MadHatter
    replied
    In today:

Josh Anderson - 2/2 c/o Spring Training in 17 days

Leave a comment:

• metrotheme
    replied
    Roman Mejias - 2/2 - Signed 1957 Topps + Index Card - 3.5 Weeks

Leave a comment:

• riredsox
    replied
    Originally posted by metrotheme View Post
    If you haven't done so already, I urge you to buy Brissie's book - The Corporal Was a Pitcher.
    http://www.amazon.com/Corporal-Was-P.../dp/1600781047

He has an excellent story and the book is a great read. It's a miracle that Brissie made it to the Majors after what happened during WWII.
    I was talking the other day with a marine veteran of WWII who had also read the book. He said it was the only time he'd seen anyone from the Army with guts (his actual word was much more colorful).

Leave a comment:

• metrotheme
    replied
    If you haven't done so already, I urge you to buy Brissie's book - The Corporal Was a Pitcher.
    http://www.amazon.com/Corporal-Was-P.../dp/1600781047

He has an excellent story and the book is a great read. It's a miracle that Brissie made it to the Majors after what happened during WWII.

Originally posted by howiek View Post
    Lou Brissie 2/2 7 Days. Mr. Brissie signed 2 customs, 1 Municepal Stadium and 1 Generic Sweet Spot w/Black Sharpie. He also added 1-1. Mr. Brissie played from 47-53 with the Philidelphia A's and the Indians. He was an All-Star in 1949 when he was 16-11, 29 Game Starts and 18 Complete games.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X