No announcement yet.

A Pack Searcher Caught in the Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just pondering here...is there really anything that Target security would be able to do? From a security standpoint, what is the difference between trying on clothes and weighing card packs? I am unsure if they could do anything from a legal standpoint. However I think that it poses all types of "moral and ethical" issues. He probably uses the scales for "other pleasures" as well!

Comment

I almost wet my pants waiting to get home to tell you today's story. I went into one of my fav retail establishments and headed toward the card section. I turn in, and this guy JUMPS like he's been shot. Right away, I figure, pack searcher. I go about my business, and he takes a stack of cards away from the immediate area. Then he pulls out a friggin' POCKET SCALE, and starts weighing 'em. I continue, and later he pulls a handful of GARBAGE PAIL KID packs. Somehow I avoid busting out laughing. I was going to ask him how long it took for him to break even getting paid back for the scale, but I was too stunned.
      I should be ashamed to admit this, but I saw an interesting looking pack of something that a lot of people wouldn't even call a sport. Fortunately, I had a gift card that hadn't cost me anything. I would be REAL embarrassed if I was wrong about the pack . . .
      . . . but at least I pulled the thickest relic card I have ever seen (I can see the friggin layers, there are SEVEN of them). Supposedly they only run one every a hundred and fifty-two packs. So yeah, I've gone too far
      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
      Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X