1932 World Series Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1932 World Series Program

I have the opportunity to buy a 1932 World Series Program in about 2 weeks. It is in good condition. The only thing wrong with it is someone folded it in half at some point. There aren't any tears. I have seen these online valued anywhere from $750-$2,500. It depends on which team's program it is and the condition. It is the Chicago version of the program.

I will be buying it at an auction of an estate sale. From a few people I have talked to the price may get to around $250-$300 because not many people are interested in this kind of stuff where I live. Some people buy things just to resell so they will bid some. I would be willing to pay this if I knew it was a good deal and if the value really is what I have seen. I haven't seen any of these listed on ebay.

I just wanted to know what you guys think I should do, if it is worth it or not. I would really like to have it and keep it as long as I can. It looks really nice and is definitely authentic. I will try to get some pictures, but I probably won't be able to.

This auction will also have some Tigers programs from the 40's I may try to get more info about.
    I collect any and all Braves cards and memorabilia. I also collect baseballs and Pre-1060's Topps cards.
    Trusted traders - Rpollard86, duckydps, Mike D., Rockhound, Drillbit

Sounds like a pretty awesome item to add to the collection. If the guesstimate is $250-$300 and you really want it then you should get it, imo. I think of it as how many more times in life will you have a chance to buy something like this?? Just set a limit for how much you want to spend and see what happens. Who knows, you may come away getting this for $100-$150....

BTW, I have a reprint framed '32 World Series poster.
    Last edited by Extra Innings; 05-27-2010, 07:04 AM.
    My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

Just bid enough so that you won't kick yourself if you lose. I always believe that if it is something good and I really want it, I figure a price in my head and then add 20% to the bid to make sure. If I still lose, there are no regrets, the other guy wanted it more.
      "We have a plan; and I like our plan." ...Omar
      "I belive in our minor leagers; and I like our minor leagers." ...Omar

Comment

Update? Were you able to acquire it at the auction??
        My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

I ended up not buying it. It sold for only $280 but after closer inspection there was a page that was missing. So I guess at some point someone tore a page out. It was still pretty nice, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it with a page missing. I went up to $220 but just couldn't go any higher than that. I have a picture I'll try to post.
          I collect any and all Braves cards and memorabilia. I also collect baseballs and Pre-1060's Topps cards.
          Trusted traders - Rpollard86, duckydps, Mike D., Rockhound, Drillbit

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X