vintage glove help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vintage glove help

I have attached a couple old vintage gloves that i am looking to get as much information as I can on, I bought them from a lady ive been doing business with for a while, but she doesnt know much about them either. I have tried scouring the internet, but have gotten very little information,
    maybe you guys could help me out?

Im sorry about not being able to rotate the images, I am new to Apple.)

The first one is a REACH baseball glove with "224" stamped on the palm of the glove.
    reach glove1..jpg

reachpadding2..jpg

On the heal of the glove it reads "PROFESSIONAL MODEL"

however, it has a patent number on it that either doesnt exist, or doesnt pertain to baseball.
    As best I can make out, it is: 2.231 204

reach patent no..jpg

The SECOND is a RAWLINGS GLOVE, the patch reads; rawlings st louis.

rawlings1..jpg

outside, on the thumb It says, "Nu grip" "Streamlined."

It says "clyde mccullough" imprinted in white on the inside, but I believe the glove to be older than that.

clyde m rawlings&#46.jpg

if you have any questions feel free to ask.

the rawlings glove does have info on the left hand side, as you can see from the first photo, but it is very difficult to read.
    thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Sashag; 06-02-2010, 04:58 PM.
    “it is impossible to understand America without a thorough knowledge of baseball” -Mcafee

It says "clyde mccullough" imprinted in white on the inside, but I believe the glove to be older than that.
    Uhh you believe it to be older than what? The era he played in? 40's 50's? If it was older than that why would it have his name on it? Did you mean "newer"?
    Visit My Blog
    Projects:
    1994 Topps Finest - Autographed set - Don't expect the whole set but I want as many as I can get.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X