1927 Yankees baseball - Collectible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1927 Yankees baseball - Collectible

Ok so my uncle just told me that he has a baseball from 1927 when the yankees won the world series and it is in pretty good condition says the date clearly and has a yankees logo on it and no signatures. He is going through some financial problems and wanted me to find out if its worth anything significant?

Originally posted by vix View Post
    Ok so my uncle just told me that he has a baseball from 1927 when the yankees won the world series and it is in pretty good condition says the date clearly and has a yankees logo on it and no signatures. He is going through some financial problems and wanted me to find out if its worth anything significant?
    Is he sure it's actually from 1927, or does it just commemorate the 1927 Yankees, made years after the fact?
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

he says he's sure but is there any way to be 100% sure? is there some obvious difference between the two? also if it is real what would it be worth

Comment

I'm questioning whether a baseball from 1927 would have a date and a team logo. Could you post a scan?
        Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
        Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Yeah he's going to bring me the ball and ill take a pic just out of curiosity if it is indeed from 1927 would it be worth a substantial amount?

Comment

also he has a bat signed by andres galarraga like i think 15 years old is that also worth anything?

Comment

also he has a bat signed by andres galarraga like i think 15 years old is that also worth anything?
              There are a couple on eBay at present that are going for about $50 or so.

I'm not trying to blow you off or anything, but that is an idea for you. eBay prices are pretty much reflective of what going selling prices are. If you can be helped here, great.
              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
                I'm questioning whether a baseball from 1927 would have a date and a team logo. Could you post a scan?
                An official game-used baseball from that era would not have a date and team logo. Here are a couple of images of an official American League baseball from that era...

http://photos.bigleaguebaseballs.com...&wmk=copyright

http://photos.bigleaguebaseballs.com...&wmk=copyright
                X
                What's THAT guy doing?
                - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X