RIP - Passings of Baseball Players & Personalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP - Passings of Baseball Players & Personalities

With the passing of Bob Sheppard, the voice of Yankee Stadium, I began to think about the players and other baseball personalities who I have been privileged enough to have gotten an autograph from. Although I am not a Yankee fan, I did attend many games at Yankee Stadium and always loved the classic style in which Mr. Sheppard introduced players. I wrote to Mr. Sheppard about 5 years ago and received this photo that I made back. A great piece in my collection, which I love to show off.
    Attached Files

That's really cool... I don't have any PA announcers, but I did add Bob Uecker and Dave Niehaus to my collection a few years ago.
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Being a Reds' fan, I have the autographs of Marty Brennaman, Thom Brennaman, Jeff Brantley, and Chris Welsh. I also got Harry Caray through the mail several years before his death.

Comment

I bought an UD certified auto of Mike Cuellar on ebay a couple years ago
        Yankees' payroll: $250 millions
        Marlins' payroll: $50 millions
        Marlins winning The Series: Priceless

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Comment

George Kell did a Detroit-area signing not too long before his passing. For an ex-ball player he was an outstanding play-by-play guy. Up there with Uecker IMO.

Sadly, I missed Mark Fidrych at the same venue not long before his passing.
          Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
          Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
          Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
          Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
          Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Another day passes and so too does a Yankee legend. First the voice of the Yankees and now the heart. Again, although I am not a Yankee fan, I can appreciate what George Steinbrenner did for the Yankee organization and brand. This is a photo that was sent to me by Mr. Steinbrenner back in 2004. Again, a nice addition to my autograph collection. I plan to continue to go through my collection to post pictures of autographs of players and other baseball personalities that I received through the years that are no longer with us as a mini tribute to their careers and to autograph hobby. Please feel free to post pictures of autographs of those that are no longer with us.
            Attached Files

Comment

I have a couple autographs from deceased ballplayers - Steve Bechler and Bill Kelso.

I think that's it.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Cowtipper; 07-13-2010, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X