What is your most prized piece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your most prized piece?

I am a big Cubs fan, God help me, I have quite a bit of stuff. I would have to say my most cherished thing is my Ryne Sandberg jersey. I love that thing. I can't decide on wearing it or framing it.

What is everyone's favorite piece?

Autographed baseball by Billy Martin AND Mickey Mantle.
    "Heroes are people who are all good with no bad in them. That's the way I always saw Joe DiMaggio. He was beyond question one of the greatest players of the century."

~Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by ToddG
      I would have to say my most cherished thing is my Ryne Sandberg jersey. I love that thing. I can't decide on wearing it or framing it.
      I've got a Boof Bonser jersey I go through the same thing with

I've got a signed '95 world series ball by Dennis Martinez...nothing in my collection with huge value, other than what I attach to it :gt
      CLEVELAND INDIANS Central Division Champions

1920 1948 1954 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2001 2007

Comment

Tie among my authentic Kenny Lofton and Mark Langston jerseys, signed Ted Williams picture, and a signed Bill Russell mini-basketball
        Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
        Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Favorite is my son's autograph on his first homerun ball.
          Then, in order-
          Bob Feller autographed ball.
          Enos slaughter autographed ball.
          Cal Ripken autographed ball.
          Will Mays autograph on a copy of "The Catch".
          Warren Spahn autographed photo.

Comment

Originally posted by ToddG
            I am a big Cubs fan, God help me, I have quite a bit of stuff. I would have to say my most cherished thing is my Ryne Sandberg jersey. I love that thing. I can't decide on wearing it or framing it.

What is everyone's favorite piece?
            Is your Sandberg just a jersey? Autographed? Game Worn?

I would have to say my favorite memorabilia piece is the 2003 Cubs team signed ball because I actually got to meet them at a Cubs event in August '03 before a game. Sosa was very joyful, Baker was laughing it up (he touched my hair). It was a great time! Then after we met the team, we went into the visitor's dugout and met Sandberg, Santo (who I had already met), and Billy Williams. Banks was supposed to be their but didn't show up. I got to roam the field, touch the ivy, it was the best experience I have ever had.
            A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Toss up:

Authenticated Jordan autograph on an 8x10 photo of him against the Cavs the year before he first retired.

And an actual chair from Wrigley..

Value goes to the Jordan autograph, but my favorite would have to be the chair.
              BELIEVE

Comment

My favs are the least valued items in my collection to the average joe , but to me they are my favs. I'm a big Cuban baseball follower , so I would have to say the cover of the NY post with Contreras in his cuban uniform , signed by Jose , and a photo of Livan and Orlando Hernandez signed by both.
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee" - Joe Dimaggio

:radio "That looked like the TERMINATOR , only slower. Maybe it was the OUTTA-STATER or it could have been the HIBERNATOR - that baby is going away for the winter. Whatever , for Vaughn it might be SEE-YA-LATER. He's probably going to become a SPECTATOR." - Harry Doyle , Bob Ueker

Comment

ryan klesko autographed photo, framed and personalized
                  32 Mike Hampton
                  15 Tim Hudson
                  30 Horacio Ramirez
                  29 John Smoltz
                  52 John Thomson
                  23 Johnny Estrada
                  14 Julio Franco
                  1 Rafael Furcal
                  22 Marcus Giles
                  10 Chipper Jones
                  19 Adam LaRoche
                  33 Brian Jordan R/R 6-1 225 03/29/67
                  43 Raul Mondesi R/R 5-11 230 03/12/71
                  25 Andruw Jones

Comment

Catfish Hunter gamed-used jersey (1974 home white) and game-used bat. Both are autographed.

Comment

8x10 photo of teddy ballgame and joltin' joe, signed by both. beautiful.
                      willie mcgee bat and ball, both signed. special.
                      barry bonds gamer bat from 2001. very special.
                      andres galarraga signed hr #398 page of my scorebook. special.
                      the big cat signed career stolen base #127 page of same yearbook. very very special.
                      orlando cepeda + juan marichal stuff. special.
                      home plate signed by will clark
                      mostly giants-related stuff. priceless.
                      "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Pride
                        My favs are the least valued items in my collection to the average joe , but to me they are my favs. I'm a big Cuban baseball follower , so I would have to say the cover of the NY post with Contreras in his cuban uniform , signed by Jose , and a photo of Livan and Orlando Hernandez signed by both.
                        excellant, y-p.
                        "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

I have a Ted Williams autographed baseball which is worth the most...

Other favorites include:
                          Stan Musial
                          Eddie Murray
                          Enos Slaughter
                          Barry Bonds
                          Bob Feller
                          + about 30 other HOF'ers...
                          "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
                          ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

Ball signed by Don Nottebart. It was one that got away from him in the bullpen warming up the night he threw his no-hitter for Houston in 1964, Pete Runnels picked it up and flipped it to me, and my pop took me back the next night to get Nottebart to sign it.
                            Never confuse character with geography --- Red Smith
                            Astros Daily

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
                              barry bonds gamer bat from 2001. very special.
                              8x10 photo of teddy ballgame and joltin' joe, signed by both. beautiful.
                              willie mcgee bat and ball, both signed. special.
                              andres galarraga signed hr #398 page of my scorebook. special.
                              the big cat signed career stolen base #127 page of same yearbook. very very special.
                              orlando cepeda + juan marichal stuff. special.
                              home plate signed by will clark
                              mostly giants-related stuff. priceless.
                              Sorry, I had to rearrange your list to put the "right" item at the top
                              Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                              Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X