Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Card Collectors, is there one mediocre player who seemed to turn up more than others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card Collectors, is there one mediocre player who seemed to turn up more than others?

For me it was Steve Farr and Steve Crawford. I have a million of those guys.
    "Batting stats and pitching stats do not indicate the quality of play, merely which part of that struggle is dominant at the moment."

-Bill James

Todd Worrell
    Wally Backman
    sigpic
    Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
    Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Comment

I always wondered as a kid if baseball card companies made more commons than star player cards because I used to get alot of Shane Rawley or Ivan Calderon cards and never any Gregg Jefferies or Canseco rookie cards.
      "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Dickie Thon & Larry Sheets
        sigpic
        Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Comment

Dave Magadan
          My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

Mine was always Nelson Liriano. I think I literally have about a dozen of his 1989 Donruss cards and several other brands that have him pictured.

Comment

Franklin Stubbs. Have tons of 'em.
              WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Pete Mackanin. Even in random minor league lots, I'd get cards of him. Before I put my stuff on Sportlots, I probably had 30 different Pete Mackanin cards ranging from 1978-present.
                Clyde's Stale Cards - A blog about the international world of baseball cards.

Comment

My friend and I laughed every day when we were kids because one or both of us would open up a pack with Chuck Dobson.

Comment

my most prolific set was the Topps 1973. The two player cards I kept getting were both from the Texas Rangers, Larry Biittner and John Thompson. It was a complement to call Thompson "mediocore".

Comment

I meant Mike Thompson.

Comment

Atlee Hammaker and Jose Lind.
                        The Writer's Journey

Comment

David Segui
                          RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

Whenever I'd buy packs from CardsOne, I'd always get Tom Prince's '89 Donruss card, Mark Williamson's Fleer '89 card or Dann Bilardello's and Mike O'Berry's Topps '84 cards. Guess Donruss made too many of Prince's '89 Donruss card. I got Prince IP recently and I offered him about seven of my extra Donruss '89s. He declined, said he had enough already.
                            sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

In 1986 it seemed like every pack of Topps that I bought contained either an Atlee Hammaker or a Joe Beckwith. If anyone needs either of these cards to complete a set, please let me know...I still have plenty! Ha Ha

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X