Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Card Collectors, is there one mediocre player who seemed to turn up more than others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipitch
    replied
    Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    I always wondered as a kid if baseball card companies made more commons than star player cards because I used to get alot of Shane Rawley or Ivan Calderon cards and never any Gregg Jefferies or Canseco rookie cards.
    Sometimes they double-printed or triple-printed cards, but it wasn't always the commons. For example, in 1978, Pete Rose was a double-printed card.

Leave a comment:

• icee82
    replied
    I have more than two dozen Hal Morris' cards. Seemingly every time that I come upon some cards, there will be three or four Morris cards in the pile!!!

Leave a comment:

• hellborn
    replied
    When I was a kid, I used to get tons of Larry Bowa cards (these were his Phillies days).
    A friend of mine was trading cards with me, and he got so sick of them that he would yell, "I HATE BOWA!!!", and tear up the card when he saw one.
    It was funny for 1 or 2 cards, but he wouldn't stop it and I finally had to throw him out of my house.

Bowa was a good ballplayer, but I would have been a lot happier getting a big pile of Mike Schmidt cards.

Leave a comment:

• charnewb
    replied
    In 1986 it seemed like every pack of Topps that I bought contained either an Atlee Hammaker or a Joe Beckwith. If anyone needs either of these cards to complete a set, please let me know...I still have plenty! Ha Ha

Leave a comment:

• SDL
    replied
    Whenever I'd buy packs from CardsOne, I'd always get Tom Prince's '89 Donruss card, Mark Williamson's Fleer '89 card or Dann Bilardello's and Mike O'Berry's Topps '84 cards. Guess Donruss made too many of Prince's '89 Donruss card. I got Prince IP recently and I offered him about seven of my extra Donruss '89s. He declined, said he had enough already.

Leave a comment:

• brewcrew82
    replied
    David Segui

Leave a comment:

• hairmetalfreek
    replied
    Atlee Hammaker and Jose Lind.

Leave a comment:

• Dougman59
    replied
    I meant Mike Thompson.

Leave a comment:

• Dougman59
    replied
    my most prolific set was the Topps 1973. The two player cards I kept getting were both from the Texas Rangers, Larry Biittner and John Thompson. It was a complement to call Thompson "mediocore".

Leave a comment:

• Yankwood
    replied
    My friend and I laughed every day when we were kids because one or both of us would open up a pack with Chuck Dobson.

Leave a comment:

• DaClyde
    replied
    Pete Mackanin. Even in random minor league lots, I'd get cards of him. Before I put my stuff on Sportlots, I probably had 30 different Pete Mackanin cards ranging from 1978-present.

Leave a comment:

• Zito75
    replied
    Franklin Stubbs. Have tons of 'em.

Leave a comment:

• dmbfan
    replied
    Mine was always Nelson Liriano. I think I literally have about a dozen of his 1989 Donruss cards and several other brands that have him pictured.

Leave a comment:

• Extra Innings
    replied
    Dave Magadan

Leave a comment:

• hudsonharden
    replied
    Dickie Thon & Larry Sheets

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...