Autographs TTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autographs TTM

I know there is a thread like this out there, but after looking/posting on other boards, I pose this question to all of you--for those of you who collect autographs TTM, do you hand-write your letters or do you use a form letter?

It really bothers me when I read that people send out as many as 30 requests a day and use a form letter. IMHO, it lacks genuineness and is very impersonal. What does everyone else think?
    Last edited by pesky6; 03-11-2005, 09:43 AM.

I have been collecting autographs since I have been 12 yrs old. I always have hand written my letters. I always ask a question at the end of the letter and most times I get a reply which makes it personal. Collecting has changed over the years tougher to get autographs.
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
    >
    > It's already tomorrow in Australia.
    >
    > -Charles Schultz

Comment

I had luck once. While Mark Portugal (my favorite,don't laugh) played for the Red Sox (1999), I sent him 2 cards with a SASE. They were returned signed in a month! I sent the request to Fenway Park. I wrote the letter. I never use a form letter.
      Last edited by porchygirl; 04-02-2005, 11:27 AM.

Comment

I've had great success with a lot of the retired stars from the 50's and 60's.... Duke Snider, George Kell, Joe Nuxhall, Al Rosen....all great signers

The worst has to be Lou Brock.....dude wants more than $50 for his autograph...what a rip...
        You want how much for that autograph???

Comment

Anyone had luck with Bo Jackson???
          You want how much for that autograph???

Comment

I refused to share a players home address with an online aquaintance because the players adddress was not mine to give out freely. It was not published in one of those books you can buy, it was obtained by accident in a newspaper article. I tried to obtain an autograph by mail but did not get a response. The person wished to try their own luck because they were interested in the players ethnic background and wanted to write to the player. I still refused and this person turned on me like I can't even begin to tell anyone. Lesson learned and thankful I did not share that address due to the fact this player's life and family may have been in danger because the person wishing information didn't live far from the player

Bottom line is know who you are sharing addresses with............it's a crazy world!

Comment

RE: Lou Brock

I agree, Lou Brock was $85, but he signed a base for me. It is a one of a kind item. His money also all goes to his scholarship fund that he has set up.

Comment

Originally posted by pesky6
                I know there is a thread like this out there, but after looking/posting on other boards, I pose this question to all of you--for those of you who collect autographs TTM, do you hand-write your letters or do you use a form letter?

It really bothers me when I read that people send out as many as 30 requests a day and use a form letter. IMHO, it lacks genuineness and is very impersonal. What does everyone else think?
                I must admit that I use the computer to help me generate my letters....but I don't use a form letter....I always write a custom letter to each player I send to....I don't see anything wrong with typing your letters as long as you're not using a form letter.

Comment

I used to hand write letters, but I hurt my hand and had trouble writing letters so I began typing them, but I never used a form letter. I have the same luck as before and even though I can write like normal again, I find it much easier to type.

Comment

I hand write everything. Letters, envelopes, everything. In my opinion it's more of a "personal" touch if I do it that way.
                    Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Originally posted by AutographCollector
                      I hand write everything. Letters, envelopes, everything. In my opinion it's more of a "personal" touch if I do it that way.
                      Same with me, i write of of them in pen too...
                      "To leave somewhere where you are so happy being is a very tough situation. Ultimately, baseball becomes a business, and this just serves as a friendly reminder."
                      - Aaron Rowand

I collect TTM and IP autographs, mainly white sox, but some of other teams too.

Good Traders: SouthSidechamps05, kearns643, dmbfan, Mike D. MadHatter, chucksk8er

Comment

Originally posted by Pods fan 22
                        Same with me, i write of of them in pen too...
                        Well I hope that you wouldn't write the letters in crayon!
                        Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X