Who Doesn't Sign TTM???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Doesn't Sign TTM???

I want to know why Tony Kubek refuses all mail? Anyone else know of players who refuse to sign TTM???
    You want how much for that autograph???

Well, I sent about 100 cards out from the '86 topps set about 2 years ago. The ones I got back were Dusty Baker, Bob Brenly, and Fernando Valenzuela. Rollie Fingers sent my card back with no sig and a note that said it costs $8 or something.
    A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

If it's any consulation I sent out something like 200 or so requests and only got back a few.....in fact, I got dusty baker back after 600 days.
      You want how much for that autograph???

Comment

Refused Mail

If I remember right...those TTM request that were "REFUSED" were (from me anyways) REd Scheondish (sp)...Dwight Evans, McCovey and just a handfull of others.

B
        Family Autograph Thread
        http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=75871

Comment

Originally posted by E.Banks#14
          Well, I sent about 100 cards out from the '86 topps set about 2 years ago. The ones I got back were Dusty Baker, Bob Brenly, and Fernando Valenzuela. Rollie Fingers sent my card back with no sig and a note that said it costs $8 or something.
          I'd send it back to "Rollie" with 8 bucks in Monopoly money...
          Place your quote here for just $5.00

I hate pink bats...Tigers losses...White Sox...Yanks...and Chevrolet!

Comment

Unfortunately, the list of players who are reluctant or refuse to sign is growing. Greedy collectors and dealers flood players with an overwhelming amount of mail, so many refuse their mail or it gets tossed.

But it doesn't have to be that way. We as collectors can do our part to diminish the amount of mail that players get. Avoid sending requests to a player more than once. I sometimes read on other message boards where a person over time sends several requests to the same player. I don't understand why. Just because you've had success the first time means you should keep bugging the guy?

OK, now that I'm off my soapbox , I've had a couple RTS, one noteworthy is Phil Niekro. The odd thing is that I hear of successes from him all the time. The rumor is that if you make the outisde of your letter stand out, you have a much better chance. I haven't tried yet, but I'll probably get to it in the next week or so. If I have success, I'll let you know.

Comment

Yeah, greedy collectors probably have wrecked it for the rest of us eh? I hope I'm not getting into this hobby too late. I too, feel it is wrong to continually pester a player who has already signed something for you. Unless it is a different item, or you want to get it for someone else, then that may be different.

I guess you can draw a huge STOP sign on the outside of the envelope or something. that should get his attention. Good luck.
              Place your quote here for just $5.00

I hate pink bats...Tigers losses...White Sox...Yanks...and Chevrolet!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X