Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was looking for help in identifying some baseball signatures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was looking for help in identifying some baseball signatures...

I have this baseball with a bunch of twins players on it and have only identified these so far:

Terry Steinbach
    Otis Nixon
    Bob Tewksbury
    and I believe Scott Aldred?

Let me know if you recognize or know any of these signatures please! I have been attempting to match them in databases but there are far to many players to go through obvoiously. Thanks!
    Attached Files

What I've come up with so far...

Pic 1: Bob Tewksbury

Pic 2: Eddie Guardado
    Pic 2: Mike Trombley
    Pic 2: Pat Mears
    Pic 2: Brent Gates

Pic 3: Greg Swindell
    Pic 3: Matt Lawton
    Pic 3: Alex Ochoa
    Pic 3: Hector Carrasco

Pic 4: Otix Nixon
    Pic 4: Mike Morgan
    Pic 4: Terry Steinbach

Pic 5: Ron Coomer
    Pic 5: Orlando Merced
    Pic 5: Scott Stahoviak
    Last edited by Ben Grimm; 08-29-2012, 11:12 AM.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Came up with two more. Only two left, but the bottom auto in pic 3 is tough to see on that angle.
      "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Wow you have been a great help.. I took a picture of that signature again so you can see it better.. It's pretty sloppy handwriting either way and its hard to make anything out. Just 2 people to find out!

Photo 19.jpgPhoto 14.jpg

Comment

If anyone could figure out those last 2, it would be much appreciated!! I can't seem to figure them out at all

Comment

I'm about 90% sure the first missing one is Mike Trombley. I'm about 50/50 with the last one being Hector Carrasco.

Comment

Thanks! Any idea on the value of a ball like this?

Comment

Originally posted by sjhentges View Post
                Thanks! Any idea on the value of a ball like this?
                With stuff like this, it could be worth anywhere from $1 to $100. It really depends on timing and finding somebody who really wants what looks to be a 1998 Twins team ball. Unfortunately, balls like this rarely get sig's from top talent on the team - or rather big names. Usually you find what we have here, utility players and bullpen guys.

In my experience, team balls needed to be A: complete, B: from a significant season, or C: a single-player signed ball to carry the most value. Single-signed balls though from marginal players can actually bring the value of the ball down all on its own.

Case in point. My friend owned a collectibles shop in the 90s & early 00s. We used to go out at times and hit some balls out with a group of friends on weekends. We were out of balls, so he went to his shop and got us 20 signed balls that were on sale but simply didn't move. Players like Marty Cordova, Andy Van Slyke, Von Hayes, etc. The balls new in box were $10 - with the autos, they were being sold for $4-$5. The auto actually lessened the value of the brand new ball.

Same goes with groups. If you have say an Albert Pujols signed ball from his rookie year, it would carry a premium. If say it also had guys like Stubby Clapp, Kerry Robinson and Steve Kline on it, the value will drop - at times by maybe 1/2.

There's no way to put a price on what you have, because odds are it's a one-of-one. I doubt anybody has a ball with the same exact sig's in the same exact spots. But still, it requires somebody who wants it. Best way i know is put it on Ebay with a reserve of an honest number. If it sells - great. If not, the highest bid will give you an idea of its overall value at that time.

Not sure if any of this helps. If you got this personally signed, I'd say keep it. Odds are the sentimental value will be worth more than you can get financially in return.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X