1984 Topps Mike Witt Autograph Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 Topps Mike Witt Autograph Question

A relative of mine was recently selling a number of cards on eBay from the 1984 Topps set that were autographed through the mail. Most weren't big stars and were selling for peanuts (.99 cents each or so), but a Mike Witt autographed card sold for $13.

Does anyone have any explanation for this? Is Witt a tough signer or something?

Thanks.

Kevin
    Check out my Canadian baseball history blog called "Cooperstowners in Canada": http://www.kevinglew.wordpress.com

Originally posted by cooperstownersincanada View Post
    A relative of mine was recently selling a number of cards on eBay from the 1984 Topps set that were autographed through the mail. Most weren't big stars and were selling for peanuts (.99 cents each or so), but a Mike Witt autographed card sold for $13.

Does anyone have any explanation for this? Is Witt a tough signer or something?

Thanks.

Kevin
    Have you seen what his signed stuff goes for on ebay??? I just searched for "Mike Witt signed", and the cheapest signed card that came up was $29.99!! His TTM success rate on SCN is 4% (1/24), so at least through the mail, yes, he is tough, and he did throw a perfect game, which might explain the high demand for his autos.
    Yankees' payroll: $250 millions
    Marlins' payroll: $50 millions
    Marlins winning The Series: Priceless

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X