No announcement yet.

2014 IP Successes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went to the Durham Bulls Athletic Park for some doubleheader action today in 92 degree temperatures. I only worked on the Norfolk side.

Quintin Berry 3/6
    Julio Borbon 1/1
    Alexi Casilla 3/3
    Steve Lombardozzi 1/8 --this is the first time that I have ever gotten Lombardozzi
    Francisco Peguero 9/10
    Henry Urrita 1/2
    Mike Wright 1/1
    Denny Walling 4/8

Evan Meek--0/1 (He was on a solocoaster and he said that he had to go)
    Ryan Webb (never saw him pregame or postgame)

Will be heading to Charlotte tomorrow for the Knights and Braves!

Comment

• I'm guessing this is the best place for this since it's a trade I made in person, but I landed these last weekend dealing with a friend.

baseball.jpg
      "Joba Chamberlain has a career ERA of one point seven bazillion against Cleveland. Most sentient bipeds either overtly or secretly revel in this fact." - Steve Buffum, The B-List, 6/1/2010

Good traders: bravesautographs, kearns643

Check out my autograph blog!

Comment

• I was on vacation last weekend. On Sunday morning, Reggie Sanders, the former Red tweeted that he was going to be signing at a Dick's Sporting Goods grand opening in North Myrtle Beach, SC which was about 10 minutes from where we were staying. Of course I made the trek to the grand opening and landed him on an OMLB with an inscription. There was one other person in line besides me. Is that really a line then?

The funniest thing happened though while I was waiting for the ONE person in front of me. Two old guys came by and one of them said "you know who that is don't you". The other guy said "Nope". The first guy said "that is Deion Sanders". Both of them came back with a baseball to get signed. Both of them probably still believe they got Deion Sanders. LOL
        Last edited by icee82; 09-19-2014, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Rangers' Fan Appreciation Day was an insult to the term "appreciation." But at least I got JP Arencibia 1/1, Matt Harrison 2/2, Sean Doolittle 1/2, and Scott Kazmir 1/3.
          "Joba Chamberlain has a career ERA of one point seven bazillion against Cleveland. Most sentient bipeds either overtly or secretly revel in this fact." - Steve Buffum, The B-List, 6/1/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by EmergencyCatcher View Post
            Rangers' Fan Appreciation Day was an insult to the term "appreciation." But at least I got JP Arencibia 1/1, Matt Harrison 2/2, Sean Doolittle 1/2, and Scott Kazmir 1/3.
            I'd be interested in hearing what happened. The Rockies usually toss souvenirs into the stands at the end of the last game and hand out vouchers for a free ticket in April or May. Dunno if they did that this year, though.

Comment

• The players did jack squat. You'd think that would be the one day a year everyone was out signing autographs. Especially after a season where they were lucky not to lose 100 games. A whole three Rangers' players signed before the game and none after. The Rangers' Six-Shooters and mascot tossed a few signed ball out... from guys like J.P. Arencibia, Ryan Rua, and John Edwards. All on used balls, signed on a side-panel with a black ball-point pen. And only to fans in the first ten rows of the lower deck.

This organization over the last 3-5 years has massively cut back on perks for season ticket holders while vastly raising their prices. I was considering a package and opted not to when I saw the jump in prices from 2013 to 2014. Friends of mine who had bought half-season packages for the previous 7 years decided not to renew because theirs went from $324 a seat up to over $700. Gotta pay that Prince Fielder contract and upgrades to the exclusive big-spender areas somehow, I guess.

I just feel like Money Appreciation Day would be a more accurate title. I'm thinking the time and money I spent on going to 40 games over the past two seasons could be better spent elsewhere next year.
              Last edited by EmergencyCatcher; 09-30-2014, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• I traveled down to Savannah, Georgia this weekend and nabbed Wade Rowdon 2/2.

Comment

• My local SABR chapter had it's fall meeting the Saturday after Thanksgiving as usual. The guest speaker was Oil Can Boyd. He did a great talk and Q&A session, speaking to the group for over an hour. He then happily signed autographs for all takers, including two for me. (SCAN1) (SCAN2)

I got a little chuckle out of him when I mentioned that these cards are 30 years old, and he doesn't look like he's gained a pound!
                  Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

• Great times at RedsFest this weekend. I chatted with a bunch of SCN members. A bunch of us networked all weekend so basically we knew everything that was going on in the building as far as lines were concerned so we could strategize while in one line about where to head next. We also helped each other on getting cards signed which was a tremendous help. On Friday, I was able to "triple dip" a couple of hours but Saturday, I got slowed down by the large crowds although it began to thin out about 3 PM and I was able to make a strong "stretch run". It was my best RedsFest ever on numbers. It is always great to talk with collectors that are as passionate about collecting Reds stuff as I am. It is also comforting to know that I am not the only crazy guy on earth. LOL. I was not really going for the "big stars" as I already have them numerous times on items.

Dylan Axelrod 2/2
                    Jay Bell 5/5
                    Freddie Benavides 1/1
                    Todd Benzinger 4/8
                    Tom Browning 4/8
                    Carlos Contreras 2/2
                    Eric Davis 1/9
                    Ryan Dennick 1/1
                    Jumbo Diaz 1/1
                    George Foster 1/1
                    Amir Garrett 1/1
                    Billy Hatcher 1/9
                    Tommy Helms 2/2
                    David Holmberg 3/3
                    Raisel Iglesias 3/3
                    Tracy Jones 4/4--He side paneled a baseball for me. Can you believe that?
                    Mat Latos (actually purchased a signed jersey from The Sports Gallery)
                    Ben Lively 2/2
                    Don Long 1/1
                    Michael Lorenzen 1/1
                    Donald Lutz 1/1
                    Gary Nolan 1/1
                    Ron Oester 2/8
                    Manny Parra 1/1(trogers got him for me)
                    Jeff Pico 3/3
                    Jim Riggleman 1/1
                    Robert Stephenson 2/2 (He was personalizing even for kids. Are you kidding me?)
                    Joey Votto 1/1 (He gave me a crappy signature on his McFarlane base)
                    Chris Welsh 1/1 (caught him leaving the radio booth)
                    Jesse Winker 1/1

Comment

• Rangers Toy Drive on Tuesday!

Shin-Soo Choo 1/1 SSROMLB
                      Michael Choice 2/2 cards
                      Tanner Scheppers 1 team issued photo
                      Shawn Tolleson 1 team issued photo
                      Rusty Greer 3/3 cards and a team issued photo
                      Tom Grieve 1/1 11x14 photo already signed by Jeff Burroughs
                      Matt Hicks 1 team issued photo
                      Jim Sundberg 3/3 cards
                      Elvis Andrus 1/1 card
                      Jeff Banister 1 team issued photo
                      Robinson Chirinos 1 team issued photo
                      Ross Detwiler 3/3 cards
                      Matt Harrison 1 team issued photo
                      Jurickson Profar 3/3 cards
                      Jose Guzman 3/3 cards and a team issued photo
                      Mark McLemore 3/3 cards
                      Derek Holland 1/3 cards
                      Jake Thompson 1 team issued photo
                      Steve Buechele 3/3 cards
                      Steve Busby 1/3 cards
                      Larry Hardy 1 team issued photo
                      Dave Hostetler 1 team issued photo
                      Eleno Ornelas 1 team issued photo

Also bought a "mystery ball" (signed and MLB authenticated baseballs in a bag, $10), got Phil Irwin. Traded with someone for Scott Baker. I was hoping for one of the big names as I heard of several people pulling Darvish, Fielder, Beltre, and Pudge.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X