No announcement yet.

Donruss is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topps still has the MLB exclusive license. Panini (and, thereby, Donruss) has a license from the Players Association. I thought they did a good job with Donruss this year. They don't look great online but, in hand, they stir quite a bit of nostalgia. Panini is pushing for an MLB license and their unlicensed products (Hometown Heroes, Golden Age, Elite, etc) sell very well, my friends at the LCS tell me. Topps just lays there, they say. Panini flies off the shelves. I think MLB's going to have to give Panini a license eventually. Of course, it probably pisses off MLB that pretty much every Panini baseball product includes Pete Rose. Part of the Topps license is they can't use Pete (they aren't even supposed to mention him). So Panini's inclusion of the All Time Hit king is sort of a stick in MLB's eye (though collectors love it).

Comment

I cant stand anymore all these sets with no logo's, they are stink-o and look terrible. What really bothers me is that young people will get used to it and think its fine. Well not to me.

I cant wait for i think its October when Topps brings out Stadium Club again, i hope they do it well.
      I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X