Mariners Batting Helmets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariners Batting Helmets!

Check out these old Mariners batting helmets of mine that I found in the attic. It's been a while since I had seen these, I had practically forgotten all about them. You can really tell that the original Mariners trident logo (on the right) is the best logo ever in the history of baseball. Basic, but bold. And unique. An instant classic in 1977!

Don't remember why I had an A's helmet too, I probably won it at an amusement park or something. Preumably I already had the Mariners helmets and rationalized that I didn't need another duplicate.

marinershats.jpg
    Last edited by Seattle1; 02-12-2015, 08:12 AM.

Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
    Check out these old Mariners batting helmets of mine that I found in the attic. It's been a while since I had seen these. You can really tell that the original Mariners trident logo (on the right) is the best logo ever in the history of baseball. Basic, but bold. And unique. An instant classic in 1977!

Don't remember why I had an A's helmet too, I probably won it at an amusement park or something. Preumably I already had the Mariners helmets and rationalized that I didn't need another duplicate.

[ATTACH]145758[/ATTACH]
    I had a couple of Tigers batting helmets from around this time. Are these the real deal or the full-sized souvenir ones? Mine were the latter.
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

They're just the souvenir kind that don't provide any real protection.

In my school, if you wore one of these kinds of cheapie helmets you had to keep your head on a swivel because the bullies always considered it a fun challenge to see if they could sneak up behind you and hit you on top of the helmet hard enough to crack them in half. I remember seeing that happen to other people enough times that I quit wearing them to school.

Comment

Why would you wear that stuff to school? Nevermind, that explains a lot of things, and for the record, while the first trident was and is great, and has a role in the Seattle Mariners - Back to the Future movement, the star trident was and remains the Mariners' greatest logo known to man, woman, child, beast, machine and spirits.

__3-21.jpeg
        Last edited by Phantom Dreamer; 02-12-2015, 12:10 AM.
        The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

No way, the originals are the best. I would support changing back on a permanent to the design that the Mariners wore on Throw Back The Clock Day, July 29th, 2007:

http://mariners.freehostia.com/tbtc.htm#8

The only thing they did wrong is that I would change it to make the shirts button-down instead of V-neck pull over. That would make them look a lot more like an authentic baseball uniform from the olden days. Those pull over tops just scream "from the 1970s" way too much, even though that is the time period from whence these Mariners uniforms came.

Comment

No way, the originals are the best. I would support changing back on a permanent to the design that the Mariners wore on Throw Back The Clock Day, July 29th, 2007:

http://mariners.freehostia.com/tbtc.htm#8

The only thing they did wrong is that I would change it to make the shirts button-down instead of V-neck pull over. That would make them look a lot more like an authentic baseball uniform from the olden days. Those pull over tops just scream "from the 1970s" way too much, even though that is the time period from whence these Mariners uniforms came.
            Baiting is out.
            Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
            Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
            Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
            Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I went to a game in the old Kingdome around 1985 or 1986. Alvin Davis hit a grand slam on helmet night... Someone tried to catch his homer in one of the helmets. It shattered into a thousand pieces. They replayed it on the diamond vision screen a few times, hahah.
              WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
                I went to a game in the old Kingdome around 1985 or 1986. Alvin Davis hit a grand slam on helmet night... Someone tried to catch his homer in one of the helmets. It shattered into a thousand pieces. They replayed it on the diamond vision screen a few times, hahah.
                The star trident and USS Mariner era, and what an era! The Mariners' greatest era in terms of aesthetics. That sounds like a great experience. We shouldn't let George Argyros ruin things today. We need to separate the fact while Argyros was a crappy owner, the Mariners' greatest logo and uniforms were utilized and worn during his ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
                  That's pretty funny! I wonder if there's a YouTube clip of that somewhere. That jibes with what I remember about those helmets being so easy to break over people's heads lol.

Comment

Yeah, no question about it, the trident and the star trident can indeed coexist and both have a role in the Seattle Mariners - Back to the Future initiative! I will say this, the star trident helmets have a higher asking price on ebay than the regular trident helmets.

This little guy wants the Mariners to bring back the trident and eradicate teal from our lives! The whole ballpark and fanbase does!

BoXbThGIYAAtV3e.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
                      Baiting is out.
                      "Button-down" refers to a shirt with a button-down collar anyway...

Comment

That's pretty funny! I wonder if there's a YouTube clip of that somewhere. That jibes with what I remember about those helmets being so easy to break over people's heads lol.
                        yeah - I looked for a clip. No dice. LOL, but it was a funny experience.
                        WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Ken Griffey Jr. and the Mariners star Trident batting helmet!

griffey_gallery_1987_0331.jpg

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X