Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the toughest signer you've come across?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the toughest signer you've come across?

After reading through the IP thread, I was amazed to see Bob Horner. Even paying for it seems worth it - I know he's notoriously hard to get. This said, which signature was the toughest for you to get?

Mine was Vince Coleman. I tried to get him several times in San Diego in the early 90's, then chased after him when he came to the A.L. I finally got him near the last day of the 1995 season after he was traded to Seattle. It probably took close to 20 attempts. He signed for me when he hopped out of cab near gate B at the Kingdome. He was bum rushed by about 15 graphers - don't know why he chose me, but he grabbed my card and I literally had to chase him to the entrance of the gate. He never said a word or really even acknowledged me the whole time. Still one of my favorite sigs.

Coleman.JPG
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

George Kottaras is impossible, only time I've ever seen him sign was at a team signing where they sat him down and made him. From what I've heard Willie Mays rarely signs anymore and when he does, it's only for a high fee and he's a grouch throughout.
    Check out my new autograph blog

Signed 1953 Topps Project: 102/274 (37.23%) complete

Comment

I have a great Kottaras story from last night. He has NOT signed for anyone in Charlotte this season. He does the same thing every night when he comes out. He is either on a bicycle or a scooter and he is running 20 MPH when the door opens. There were only two people graphing in Charlotte last night and one was a kid with a bat. The door opened and that kid was standing right where Kottaras normally rides off. He had no choice but to stop or either run over the kid or get his by a baseball bat. He signed for the kid and I stuck out my notebook. YES...I got one! He gave me the Mikie Mahtook "death stare" and rode off into the night.

My personal white whale is Paul Householder and Joe Edelen, both former Reds.

Comment

Originally posted by icee82 View Post
        I have a great Kottaras story from last night. He has NOT signed for anyone in Charlotte this season. He does the same thing every night when he comes out. He is either on a bicycle or a scooter and he is running 20 MPH when the door opens. There were only two people graphing in Charlotte last night and one was a kid with a bat. The door opened and that kid was standing right where Kottaras normally rides off. He had no choice but to stop or either run over the kid or get his by a baseball bat. He signed for the kid and I stuck out my notebook. YES...I got one! He gave me the Mikie Mahtook "death stare" and rode off into the night.

My personal white whale is Paul Householder and Joe Edelen, both former Reds.
        That's a great story. Brian Fuentes was the same when he played. I never did get him in 3-4 spring trainings at Rockies camp. He even destroyed a gate with his truck while trying to get away from a couple kids in the players parking lot. (yep, I told the cops what happened, lol)
        WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Kottaras.jpg

Here is the A&G card!

Comment

Originally posted by icee82 View Post
            [ATTACH]148687[/ATTACH]

Here is the A&G card!
            NICE!!!! Thanks for sharing!
            WAR? Prove it!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X