Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 2016 thread

Looks like I am the first

Jim Miles 2/2 c/o home; 11 days. Two Rangers Topps Vault pics. Personalized in blue Sharpie.

For those who didn't see last month's thread, I had set some stuff to Jim, a Senators pic, a blowup of his half of his 70 Topps Rookie card and a Rangers Topps Vault card. I got the Senators stuff back with a note that he kept the Rangers pic; he and his wife had never seen it before but if I could send him another copy, he would be glad to sign it. I sent another copy of the pic, along with 2 copies of another TV pic from the same shoot (one for him to keep). He called and left a voice mail, telling me that he got the pics and he would be sending them back out. I called him back and had a nice chat. One on my oldest friends played with Jim in the Senators/Rangers system and Jim told me a funny story about him. Great guy and I told him if I found any more Rangers pics that I would send to him.
    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

I've been slacking for a few months-- most of my recent mailings have been for a signed indoor soccer card set project. But going into the mailbox over the last few days: Brooks Robinson, Rod Carew, Paul O'Neill, David Cone, Adrian Beltre, Dennis Martinez, Denny McLain, Bobby Valentine, Jim Walewander, Kent Hrbek, John Wockenfuss

A few longshots in there, but they're worth a try.
    "Joba Chamberlain has a career ERA of one point seven bazillion against Cleveland. Most sentient bipeds either overtly or secretly revel in this fact." - Steve Buffum, The B-List, 6/1/2010

Good traders: bravesautographs, kearns643

Check out my autograph blog!

Comment

I am catching up on a slow March thus far.

Eric Jagielo 2/2
      Kurt Stillwell 3/3
      Eddie Taubensee 2/2
      Antonio Santillan 1/1
      Pete Schourek 1/1

Comment

MARCH 14
        Kent Hrbek, c/o home, 1/1, 7 days
        "Joba Chamberlain has a career ERA of one point seven bazillion against Cleveland. Most sentient bipeds either overtly or secretly revel in this fact." - Steve Buffum, The B-List, 6/1/2010

Comment

MARCH 17
          John Wockenfuss, c/o home, 3/3, 10 days

Comment

Jim Campanis 3/3 c/o home; 10 days. Signed a blowup of his '69 Topps card, a b/w Royals pic and a Pirates Topps vault pic. Blue Sharpie with "#25 added to the sig on the Royals card/pic and "#4" on the Pirates pic.

Comment

Catching up...

Geoff Combe 1/1
              Jeff Branson 2/2
              Todd Frazier 1/1
              Bob Sebra 1/1
              Pete Smith 3/3
              Scott Sullivan 1/1
              Jesse Winker 1/1

Comment

Ken Oberkfell 3/3 c/o home; 9 days. Signed 8 x 10 blowups of his Fleer '81, Score '90 and Score T/R '90 cards. Black Sharpie.

Comment

Tim Cullen 3/3 c/o home; 52 days. Signed a b/w Senators press pic and 8 x 10 blowups of his Topps '68 and '70 cards. Black ballpoint. Personalized the card blowups (one with a "Go Red Sox" message...he was signed by the Red Sox; Senators took him after the '64 season in the first-year draft). also answered my question.

Joe Kelly 2/3 c/o Red Sox ST; 28 days. Signed two Red Sox action pics; blue Sharpie. He must've kept the 2007 Pan Am Games pic I sent.

Comment

Yesterday two former Reds in the house.

Rick Wrona 1/1
                    Mike Kelly 1/1

Comment

MARCH 19
                      Jim Walewander, 5/6, c/o home, 12 days, kept 5 cards but sent four signed customs with his artwork on them

MARCH 20
                      Adrian Beltre, 1/1, c/o Rangers ST, 2 weeks
                      Ryan Sandberg, 1/1, c/o home, enclosed $5, 11 days

Comment

Ron Clark 3/3 c/o home; 29 days. Signed blowup of his half of his '68 Topps Rookie Stars card, a Twins Topps Vault pic and a Pilots posed pic. Personalized with a blue Sharpie.

Comment

MARCH 24
                          Ron Guidry, c/o Yankees ST, 2/2, 10 days

MARCH 26
                          Bobby Valentine, c/o Sacred Heart University, 1/1, 19 days

Comment

To finish up March...several former Reds in the house.

Mike Lincoln 1/1 (OMLB)
                            Austin Kearns 1/1

These were all purchases...

Candy Sierra 1/1 (JSA ONLB)
                            Tanner Rainey 2/2
                            Nick Howard 4/4

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X