Mike D's 1968 Topps Pass-Thru Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike D's 1968 Topps Pass-Thru Project

I'm building a 1968 Topps set. Well, not exactly.

My goal is to build a "pass thru" set...at some point the entire set will pass through my hands.

I'm not building with the idea of keeping all the cards.

My goal is to acquire every card in the set, scan the card to share on this site, and then either:

- Keep the card (stars and especially "nice" cards)
    - Use the card to attempt to get TTM autographs.
    - Sell the card on Sportlots.com and use the proceeds to buy more cards from the set.

The set contains 598 cards, including some high-dollar RC's like Nolan Ryan and Johnny Bench.

So, this may take a while, and may never be complete...but it should be a lot of fun.

Check out the site: 1968 Topps Pass-Thru Project

We launch with 145 cards (24.2% of the set) and 40 cards scanned and posted.

Lots more scans coming soon...hope you enjoy the project!
    Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

A few recent purchases:

Boston Red Sox - 1968 Topps Baseball - 9 Different Card Team Lot - $5 delivered

At least one of the 9 is a duplicate, but that guy happens to sign TTM, and 2-3 of these are in solid NM condition.

1968 TOPPS BASEBALL #154 WORLD SERIES GAME 4 GIBSON HURLS SHUTOUT! PSA 8 HOF - $12.99 delivered

The first non-lot, nice condition purchase of a card of star. Not high dollars, but a pretty card of arguably the best pitcher on the planet during the "year of the pitcher".

106 CARD LOT 1968 TOPPS BASEBALL - $32.25 delivered

This lot contains some dups, and surely has some dups of cards I already have....but if they're anywhere close to the average condition of EX that the listing claims, it's a bargain at 30 cents per card.

I'll likely slow down with the buying for a couple weeks so I can catch up on the site scans, send some TTM auto, and maybe sell off some dups to make up for the slightly over $100 I have into the project so far.

Comment

A few TTM successes from the set:

24. Bobby Locke (SCAN)
      32. Joe Gibbon (SCAN1) (SCAN2)
      35. Steve Hargan (SCAN1) (SCAN2)
      212. Dave Morehead (SCAN1) (SCAN2)
      272. Ray Culp (SCAN1) (SCAN2)
      357. Les Gabrielson (SCAN)

Comment

Site has been updated with all 207 cards I have at this point (34.6% of the set), and the 12 signed cards.

Comment

Did a big site update today, getting all caught up:

http://baseball-trivia-game.com/68_Topps/

Site now has the 368 cards I have from the set all posted (61.5%).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X