1946 MLB images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Johnson

34 year old second baseman Don Johnson was the Cubs most used second place hitter.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Peanuts Lowrey

Named to his only All-Star game in 1946 left fielder Peanuts Lowrey was the Cubs regular third place hitter.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Phil Cavarretta

The previous season's NL MVP Phil Cavarretta was the Cubs regular clean-up hitter in 1946. Mainly positioned at first-base in 1945 he was most often a right-fielder in 1946. Named to the All-Star game he repeated his total of 10 triples from the previous season and ended the year with a .401 on-base mark.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by abravesfan View Post
          1946 AL ROY Ennis & Kiner

I will be posting images of Kiner and Ennis from 1946 when I get round to posting complete images of their respective teams. However, I appreciate that may take awhile. So I post the best 1946 image of Kiner I have seen and will give you a source for the best 1946 image of Ennis I have seen. That source will be a colorization form the baseball-birthdays site which is the image I propose to utilise.

The 1946 ROY is an interesting matter. When I was listing the Tigers 1946 lineup I must say I was highly perplexed why Evers hit 3rd and Cullenbine hit 6th as all the evidence in respect of their individual contributions would indicate that the team would have been better served if their positions in the lineup was reversed. That said I don't believe there is any candidate who can approach the claims of Evers for that award. The strongest possible alternatives would appear to be Chuck Stevens and Gene Handley.
          Where's Del?

Comment

• To the original Poster: THERE HAVE BEEN NO POSTINGS IN THIS THREAD SINCE LATE OCTOBER (ALMOST TWO MONTHS AGO). ONLY 5 OF THE EXISTING TEAMS OF 1946 HAVE HAD THEIR PHOTOS POSTED. (4 COMPLETE TEAMS AND ONE PARTIAL ROSTER OF ANOTHER (THE CHICAGO CUBS).
            I HOPE YOU haven't Abandoned your project. I would love to see PHOTOS OF THE COMPLETE MAJOR LEAGUES' PLAYERS AS THEY STOOD IN 1946.
            Last edited by 1954 Phils; 12-23-2019, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• If you wish me to complete the project then show me and the project some respect. I responded to your Del Ennis request in a polite manner that I would be posting an image of Ennis in the sequence of my other postings , i.e. when I was posting the complete Phillies lineup. However, that was not enough for you instead you demanded an image of Ennis straight away. My impression of this site was that it was devoted to serious baseball history devotees who respected the sport. Unlike other sites it had not been taken over in the same way others had which was why I migrated here. I appreciate constructive suggestions but I don't respond to selfish demands.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X