This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are a few more offerings from me

The first photo is Babe with Dorothy and Helen in 1925. This photo was supposedly taken during a paternity suit against Babe; Helen stood by her husband. I've included the backs for the other 2 photos and that's the only info I have on them. However, note the "Gehrig" towel on Babe's lap in the last photo. Enjoy!

babedorothyhelen1925.jpgb42825.jpgb42826.jpgb42833.jpgb42834.jpg

Comment

• To Babe...
      May 29, 1935 - Baker Bowl, Philadelphia
      This rare picture shows The Babe arriving in Philly for what would be his last series in uniform. It's been said that this may be the last picture of him in uniform as an active player (but I'd bet there's a few more). He played this day and went 1-2 with 2 walks and an RBI. The next day he took his last at-bat as a player 0-1 (an out) in the first game of a doubleheader...and that was it. He officially retired as a player on June 1, 1935.
      Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

• Thanks BSmile! Great shot! Seeing as how I'm from Philadelphia, this is a nice treat

Comment

• Originally posted by BabeRuthFan View Post
          Thanks BSmile! Great shot! Seeing as how I'm from Philadelphia, this is a nice treat
          You bet!
          Btw, that pic you posted where you thought it looks like a Gehrig towel actually appears to a scrap of paper with Gehrig typed on it.
          Cheers! ~B

Comment

• Originally posted by BSmile View Post
            You bet!
            Btw, that pic you posted where you thought it looks like a Gehrig towel actually appears to a scrap of paper with Gehrig typed on it.
            Cheers! ~B
            What do you think the purpose of it was?

Comment

What do you think the purpose of it was?
              I don't think there's a purpose so much as it just got stuck there. I'd guess it's part of a sticker which someone was afraid to remove and damage the photo.

Comment

• Ahh I see, thanks At first I thought it was something that was actually in the photo.

Comment

• Here's another one from me:

BabeRuthnMrsRuthWP.jpgBabeRuthnMrsRuthWP2.jpg

Comment

• ...and one more.

ruth.JPGscan0008.jpg

Comment

• Wow did anyone see this?!

http://www.tmz.com/2011/09/02/david-...pitcher-video/

Comment

Not surprised but thanks for posting. David is a real Babe fanatic..... kind of like me. I have a pic of him wearing one of Babe's hats, I believe he paid around 30,000.00 for that hat. In fact, I did watch the game where he actually wore the hat. I know the umps made him replace it with a modern Yankee hat, some time in the early innings.

I did post that pic of him with the babe hat on the board, long time ago.

Comment

• Here is the pic. I see according to the caption, it was not the umps, it was Joe Torre telling Dave to remove that cap.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• I was always glad that he at least got to wear it for an inning in a game. Didn't he get fined by MLB over it?
                            Or was it just Torre?
                            Last edited by BSmile; 09-02-2011, 03:31 PM.

Comment

I was always glad that he at least got to wear it for an inning in a game. Didn't he get fined by MLB over it?
                              Or was it just Torre?
                              Supposedly, Wells has claimed that Torre did fine him.

Comment

Alright Kid, Here's How It Works
                                Click Here To See Full-Sized (1200 x 946)
                                Babe seems to be playing radio salesman here with the gentleman on the left. He seems like a pretty big guy, maybe he's a player too? In any case, I'm imagining that Babe is calling him "Kid" because of his notoriously bad memory with names. If Babe didn't remember your name...then you were "Kid" to him.
                                It suddenly occured to me that the other guy in this picture might be Billy Werber.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X