X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babe Ruth and Miller Huggins

1939 Babe Ruth & Connie Mack during the opening of Cooperstown Hall of Fame

1921 Babe Ruth shaking hands with baseball commissioner Mountain Landis

Knute Rockne w/ Football Team & Babe Ruth 1926(now this is a great picture)

Knute Rockne w/ Football Team & Babe Ruth 1926(now this is a great picture)

Babe in a suit and top hat

Ruth in Japan 1934(very bad quality)

Comment

• Babe and Dizzy Dean. Surprising he was still going out helping raise funds for kids and other charities, making other appearances so late in life. The info I have on this one was it was in the summer of 1948 and maybe June, he left us in the middle of August 1948.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Love that picture of Ruth and Durocher - never seen it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bkmckenna View Post
          Love that picture of Ruth and Durocher - never seen it.
          Here's that same picture in a little better shape.
          Leo Durocher/Babe Ruth, 1929. (Corbis)
          Leo said in his book that you'd never know it from the record books, but the Yankees had brought him up to their team at the end of both 1926/1927 to sit on their bench, but he never got in any games.
          U106134ACME.jpg
          Last edited by Bill Burgess; 03-10-2008, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• OK he caught a ball dropped off of a building in downtown N.Y. How about a plane moving at around 75 to 100 MPH, try that.

Well he did and I think it took at least 5 tries since the plane was moving and missed the target by many feet. Finally got within range and Babe ran it down and did catch the ball.
            Attached Files

Comment

• I remember that story about Babe trying to catch a fly ball from a plane, but it took him more then five times to do it, I've read that he caught it after the 12 try, people where getting tired of waiting since they thought it was impossible to do it, but the Babe finally caught it and the crowd were amazed. Great find shoeless.

Comment

• Why don't they drop some baseballs from the Space Station and see if Albert Pujols can catch them???
                Players are such wimps these days and are afraid to try new things.
                :cap:

Can you imagine what Colonel Ruppert would have done if Ruth had taken a dropped ball off the forehead and missed games?
                "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

• Babe driving his car

Babe Ruth is shown right after purchasing the 100,000th defense bond on December 20, 1941

Opening Day at Yankee Stadium Babe Ruth & Jimmie Foxx

June 13th 1948(I know I posted this image before but this is from another angle)

Ruth on the bench with Japanese kids(he has his hat this time)

Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig in Chicago, Illinois, surrounded by a group of boy football players and adults, 1927

Babe with Henry Ford(sorry couldn't find bigger image)

Well thats all i have for now.

Comment

• 1) Babe Ruth is shown about to swing at the world's largest baseball (20's)

2) Babe and Dorothy Ruth Feeding Chickens

3) Babe Ruth Kicks A Home Run - San Francisco

4) Babe Ruth signs a baseball for Babe Didrikson - 8.12.1947

5) After Babe's last Yankee game - September 30, 1934 - Washington

Lot's more to come!
                    Cheers! ~B
                    Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

• George Herman Ruth

The Babe taking a mighty swing

1920: Rogers Hornsby/Babe Ruth, Polo Grounds

1931-34: Babe, Jimmy Foxx, Gehrig

Ruth and Gehrig

Babe Ruth
                      Last edited by Bill Burgess; 03-10-2008, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Ruth and other players

Picture of Babe Ruth being tagged out (throw from catcher Bob O'Farrell to second baseman Rogers Hornsby) to end the 1926 World Series and give the Cardinals their first World Championship.

Comment

• 1) Babe Ruth looking happy after the Yankees clinched the pennant - 1926

2/3) Two pic's of The Babe and Ty Cobb at the East-West Game - Aug.28 1945

4) The Babe & Ty on Aug. 21, 1945 to discuss the East-West Game. They were the honorary managers.

5) Babe Ruth and Dizzy Dean - June 19, 1938

Comment

• 1) Babe Ruth being greeted by Geisha Girls - Yokohoma, Japan - Oct 18, 1934 Keep those hands to yourself Babe!!! Hahaha....

2) Babe Ruth getting a big hug from wrestler Ed "Strangler" Lewis - April 16, 1935

3) The Babe on his farm in Sudbury, Massachusetts - 1920's

4) The Babe refereeing a wrestling match!!! - April 6, 1945

5) Babe Ruth receiving a Silver Bat and trophy - May 22, 1922

Still MORE to come!
                            ~B

Comment

• Originally posted by George H Ruth View Post
                              I remember that story about Babe trying to catch a fly ball from a plane, but it took him more then five times to do it, I've read that he caught it after the 12 try, people where getting tired of waiting since they thought it was impossible to do it, but the Babe finally caught it and the crowd were amazed. Great find shoeless.

I found this article buried in my collection. This one lists seven ball drops before Babe caught it. Most of, maybe all of the failed attempts were due to the ball being blown way off course. You can see one was dropped from 1000 feet.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Babe Ruth 1926 Murderer's Row

Babe Ruth and Joe Budwitz was taken around 1945-1946

Babe trying to sneak around

Babe with another gentleman

Babe with a huge baseball bat

Buck, his wife Helen and their friends, including Babe Ruth (3rd from the L)

John (Johnnie) Bladel .....on the left of "Babe Ruth" during a try-out for the New York Yankee's.

Babe with some young fans

Babe at the World Series

Babe Ruth of the Bay Parkways with Max Rosner and Dazzy Vance of the Bushwicks

Sorry I know there's a lot of small pictures, but couldn't find them any bigger.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X