This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruth's Home Run swing, a thing of beauty
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 03-12-2008, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Gene Sarazin, Babe Ruth, Rube Maquard, Johnny Farrell

Babe Ruth & Frank Crosetti

2pc Babe Ruth /w 1934 All Stars - Chicago Tony Lazzari

Babe Ruth, Jack Bentley, and Jack Dunn

Babe in the stands

The Babe Selling Tubercular Christmans Seals

Ruth at Yankee Stadium before a game

BABE RUTH WATCHING THE 1937 WORLD SERIES

HUNTING WITH BABE RUTH DEER, BEAR 1937

Gehrig, Ruth, other teamate
      Last edited by George H Ruth; 03-12-2008, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Babe signing a contract

Babe dress as a baby girl

Comment

• 1) Babe with the band - August 24, 1924

2) Babe, Lazzeri, Gehrig - Tony Lazzeri Day 1927

3) Babe Ruth, Wife and daughter Dorothy - Oct.4.1926

4) Babe and his now 2nd Wife, Claire - Opening Day 1929

5) The Babe with Japanese Officers - 1920's
          Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

• 1) Babe Ruth signs for the kids- April 22, 1926

2) Babe & his bats in the locker room - September 29, 1926

3) Babe backstage on the vaudville circuit - October 22, 1926

Comment

• Babe Ruth takes a picture of Lou Gehrig - April 12, 1932 - Philadelphia
              Funny to see the most photographed baseball player of the 20th century taking a picture of perhaps the most revered player of the 20th century.

Comment

• Great Pictures of The Greatest! One correction if I may. In post 211 of the Babe watching the 1937 World Series, it should be 1934. 'Ol Diz and the Gashouse Gang, to the left, beat the Tigers that year. Also, I found a wonderful picture on Ebay a little while back of Babe Ruth and Dizzy Dean in June of 1948. Included is the label that was on the back of the photo. I read somewhere that Sportsman's Park was the last "out-of-town" public appearance of Ruth before his death. I wonder if this could be the same visit?
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ringo-dog View Post
                  Great Pictures of The Greatest! One correction if I may. In post 211 of the Babe watching the 1937 World Series, it should be 1934. 'Ol Diz and the Gashouse Gang, to the left, beat the Tigers that year. Also, I found a wonderful picture on Ebay a little while back of Babe Ruth and Dizzy Dean in June of 1948. Included is the label that was on the back of the photo. I read somewhere that Sportsman's Park was the last "out-of-town" public appearance of Ruth before his death. I wonder if this could be the same visit?
                  A good possibility that it was his last out of town visit at St. Louis if your speaking of New York as the town. I believe around July 13 he flew to Baltimore to make an appearance but was rained out. Doubtful in his condition that he did much traveling in that time period. So that June appearance with Dizzy could have been his last out of town since as we know he passed away August 16.
                  Last edited by SHOELESSJOE3; 03-16-2008, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Found this one at Hulcher Photos, great site. It's like the big guy is still with us. Go to that site you'll find he is still very popular, very.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Doc Hood, Yankee trainer, rubbing down star player Babe Ruth.

Just as Babe Ruth is all ready for the ball game, in comes the mailman with a bunch of letters from his thousands of youthful fans 1931

Babe and Mr. Harry H. Frazee 1929

Babe Ruth Signing Clarence Darrow'S Ball 1931

Babe getting ready to box 1933

Babe Ruth with Wife and Personal Nurse at Railroad Station 1931

Babe Ruth Conversing with Youngsters 1932

Young Fans Cheering Around Babe Ruth 1947

Babe Ruth Sitting on Wheelbarrow 1922

Babe Ruth Holding Fish 1926

Comment

• Let's try to keep the repeat picture posts down...
                        Here's an new odd one: Babe being initiated into the Saint and Sinners Club at the Hotel Gotham, New York City.

Comment

• The Babe hanging out with Connie Mack on the bench before the first game of the 1931 World Series - October 2, 1931
                          BTW, the pin on The Babe's jacket lapel is the 1931 Cardinals WS Press Pin.

Comment

• The Babe hands out his candy, "Ruth's Home Run Candy" - May 22, 1926.
                            Today, the wrappers can go for a few hundred dollars each. The box that they came in (as far as I've seen) have never come up for auction. In fact, this is the only picture where I can clearly see the design of the box.

Comment

• Originally posted by BSmile View Post
                              The Babe hands out his candy, "Ruth's Home Run Candy" - May 22, 1926.
                              Today, the wrappers can go for a few hundred dollars each. The box that they came in (as far as I've seen) have never come up for auction. In fact, this is the only picture where I can clearly see the design of the box.
                              If some candy manufacturer today were to get a hold of Babe Ruth's Home Run Candy's formula, and make it today, along with its original wrappers and box design, I bet they could make a lot of money. The novelty would be just so cool!

Someone should call that in to the candy makers. Put a million dollar idea in their ears.

Of course, knowing things as I do, the makers of Baby Ruth candy bar would probably sue. But they'd also lose.

Comment

• I've heard that Babe designed the bar himself and it consisted of pieces of hot dog and steak soaked in whiskey and beer, then covered in chocolate.
                                Probably wouldn't fly today...

Seriously, that would be a cool idea. Seems like retro candy is all the rage these days...Razzles, Teaberry gum, Chunkies. Ruth's Home Run Candy would fit right in.
                                Ruth also had a cigar company, resurrecting that would also fit in with present fads.
                                "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X