Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not 100% on this, so please don't quote me, or dont get mad at me if I'm wrong. But I believe I read somewhere that Ruth could hit on both sides of the plate but prefered hitting left handed. But please don't quote me on that because I'm not 100% sure on this.

Comment

But I believe I read somewhere that Ruth could hit on both sides of the plate but prefered hitting left handed

I think I'd be suprised if he couldn't hit from both sides of the plate!
      Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

New Batch O' Babe!

1) Oct.22, 1924 Barnstorming Babe - Dunsmuir, California

2) Babe & Friends at the 1925 World Series

3) Production picture for "The Babe Comes Home" - 1927

4) Babe at the 1933 All-Star Game - Chicago

5) Finally, a beautiful picture of the 1933 American League All-Star Team

Enjoy! ~B

LOT'S more to come.....

Honus Wagner, Billy Southwood, John McGraw, Walter Johnson, Babe Ruth, Nick Altrock, Christy Walsh.

1933 All-Star Game: Babe Ruth, Al Simmons, Earl Averill. AL's starting out-fielders.

---------------First All Star Game (AL All Stars, Comiskey Park, Chicago, July 6, 1933)---1933 All-Star BB Reference

Top Row, L-R: Batboy; Bill Conroy, Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth, Oral Hildebrand, Connie Mack (Mgr.), Joe Cronin, Lefty Grove, Batboy, Bill Dickey, Al Simmons, Lefty Gomez, Wes Ferrell, Jimmy Dykes, clubhouse boy.

Bottom Row: L-R: Al Schacht, Eddie Collins, Tony Lazzeri, Alvin Crowder, Jimmy Foxx, Art Fletcher, Earl Averill, Ed Rommel, Ben Chapman, Rick Ferrell, Sam West, Charlie Cehringer, batboy.

(Lefty Gomez starts the game for the American League and becomes the All-Star Game's first winning pitcher in the 4-2 AL victory. Hallahan was the losing NL pitcher, Attendance, 49,200)

Last edited by Bill Burgess; 10-13-2009, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoge H Ruth View Post
          I'm not 100% on this, so please don't quote me, or dont get mad at me if I'm wrong. But I believe I read somewhere that Ruth could hit on both sides of the plate but prefered hitting left handed. But please don't quote me on that because I'm not 100% sure on this.
          All batters can hit from both sides of the plate. That doesn't mean they can hit ML pitching from the other side. I doubt even the greatest Ruth booster would make that claim.

Comment

Da' Babe......

Alrighty...time for some more Babe pic's!

1) The Babe slides into home plate - 1927 vs. Washington Senators

2) I found a much bigger (better) version of The Babe signing baseballs.

3) Here's The Babe and the gentleman with the straw hat who was standing in the dugout while Babe was signing baseballs. Must be from the same afternoon...but I don't know who he is...anybody know?

4) Beautiful shot of The Babe as a Boston Brave - signed August 24, 1935

5) Finally (for now)....The Babe doing some work on the farm - 1921.

Still more to come!
            ~B
            Last edited by Bill Burgess; 02-23-2008, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BSmile View Post
              Alrighty...time for some more Babe pic's!

1) The Babe slides into home plate - 1927 vs. Washington Senators

2) I found a much bigger (better) version of The Babe signing baseballs.

3) Here's The Babe and the gentleman with the straw hat who was standing in the dugout while Babe was signing baseballs. Must be from the same afternoon...but I don't know who he is...anybody know?

4) Beautiful shot of The Babe as a Boston Brave - signed August 24, 1935

5) Finally (for now)....The Babe doing some work on the farm - 1921.

Still more to come!
              ~B
              Who IS that guy Babe is signing balls for?
              How do you blow up these amazing photos without the usual distortion that I encounter whenever I try to do the same?
              Would you PLEASE list the website sources you find these at, so we all can visit there and look around?

These prove that Babe Ruth was by far the most photographed athlete, and perhaps man, who ever lived.

Comment

Pride Of The Yankees (movie)

Here's some more "Pride Of The Yankees" pics...all from 1942. The last one is a portrait of The Babe for the press kit.

Enjoy! ~B

Comment

Why not.....more Babe!

1) The Babe - 1921 - Ummm...what the hell is that thing!!?! Some sort of "swing" contraption. Pretty interesting....

2) Babe signing for some kids - Mid 40's

3) Babe in the hospital. I have no idea what is going on here. There was no info with the original picture.

4) Babe with the Roverettes & Americanettes female softball teams - Early 40's

5) The Babe on the set of "The Babe Ruth Story" - 1947 - Showing everyone how it's done.

Cheers! ~B

Comment

Originally posted by BSmile View Post
                    1) The Babe - 1921 - Ummm...what the hell is that thing!!?! Some sort of "swing" contraption. Pretty interesting....
                    BSmile,

These are all fabulous pictures. The quality is fantastic.

This particular picture was related to this story:

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/articl...ome-run-hitter
                    "Batting slumps? I never had one. When a guy hits .358, he doesn't have slumps."

Rogers Hornsby, 1961

Comment

• This particular picture was related to this story:

WOW!
                      That was one hell of a quick response Bench 5!
                      Great find...I had a feeling that somebody would know what the hell The Babe was actually doing in that picture. Let me rephrase that:
                      I KNEW that somebody who is a registered member of Baseball-Fever would know what the hell The Babe was actually doing in that picture.

Thanks so much...and kudos to everyone here at Baseball-Fever.com
                      This site is really addicting....in a good way.

Cheers! ~B

Comment

• Yeah...
                        I've still got a big backlog of awesome Babe pic's to post.
                        So here's another installment with more to come:

1) The Babe takes a hack at one - Japan, 1934

2) This is a painted over glass & rev. negative for "Over the Fence" - 1932

3) The 1933 New York Yankees - Spring Training. Ruth is right behind Col. Ruppert. I left this one in its original size. (I did "process" it though).

Cheers! ~B

Comment

• Ooops!
                          Forgot to mention....
                          In the 1933 NYY pic, just what the hell is Lou Gehrig looking at!?!?!?!
                          Haha....I mean, everyone is basically looking at the camera...but not Lou.
                          Anyways....
                          Enjoy! ~B

Comment

• Here's one of my favorites:

Taken in 1926 in my Dad's hometown of Iron Mountain, Michigan, during one of the off season tours.
                            Last edited by Go get em Tigers; 02-23-2008, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Was there any listing of player names in that fantastic Yankee 1933 spring training photo? Great visual value. Thanks for sharing it!

Comment

• Was there any listing of player names in that fantastic Yankee 1933 spring training photo?

Sorry Bill, there wasn't a listing of names for the 1933 NYY pic.
                                ~B

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X