Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently found this nice shot on the 'Net.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Was hoping batting practice pitcher "Spud" Murray is the same as one-time Yankees prospect Joe Murray but I guess Joe was about four inches too short.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Jeff Olsen; 07-28-2016, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• 1908 Chicago Cubs Team
        World Series Champs
        ~ Not the last Cubs championship team anymore!!
        Attached Files
        Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

• Originally posted by BSmile View Post
          1916 New York Yankees Team
          Another larger redo from an old post.
          **Note** Dto7 found a pic of the team with names (added 1/29/11). Thanx!

1. Joe Smith (C)*, 2. Nick Cullop (P), Dazzy Vance (P)*, 4. Germany Schaeffer (OF/Coach), 5. Les Nunamaker (C), 6. Walt Alexander (C), 7. Blodgett ?*, 8. Ray Fisher (P), 9. Dan Tipple (P)*, 10. George Mogridge (P), 11. Brady ?*, 12. Elmer Miller (OF), 13. Allen Russell (P), 14. Doc Cook (OF), 15. Wally Pipp (1B), 16. Roxy Walters (C), 17. Pi Schwert (C)*, 18. Joe Gedeon (2B), 19. Carroll "Broadwalk" Brown (P), 20. Tim Hendryx (OF), 21. Duke Farrell (Coach), 22. Lee Magee (CF), 23. Joe Kelley (Coach), 24. Ray Caldwell (P), 25. Lute Boone (IF), 26. Bill Piercy (P)*, 27. Urban Shocker (P), 28. Cliff Markle (P), 29. Ross ?*, 30. Cable ?*, 31. Charlie Mullen (IF), 32. Hugh High (LF), 33. "Wild BIll" Donovan (Mgr.), 34. Roy "Topsy" Hartzell (OF), 35. Ray Keating (P), 36. Frank "Home Run" Baker (3B), 37. Gene Layden (OF)*, 38. James Duggan (Trainer), 39. Slim Love ((P), 40. Paddy Baumann (UT), 41. McGovern ?*, 42. Angel Aragon (IF), 43. Bob Shawkey (P), 44. Frank Gilhooley (RF), 45. Roger Peckinpaugh (SS), 46. Fritz Maisel OF).

Players marked with * are pictured here, but are not on the 1916 roster.
          This image from the Library of Congress goes with the guys identified in #902 but the image in 902 has gone missing and I no longer know who is whom. I'd like to put names with faces again. Any help?
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Olsen View Post
            This image from the Library of Congress goes with the guys identified in #902 but the image in 902 has gone missing and I no longer know who is whom. I'd like to put names with faces again. Any help?
            Here you go, from the 1917 Spalding Guide:

1916 AL New York 3.jpg

Comment

• Hey, thanks!

Comment

• Don't know anything about these Rapid City Chiefs but they had a couple of future major leaguers in Neibauer and Camilli.
                Last edited by Jeff Olsen; 11-04-2017, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Found some Milwaukee Brewers teams on a couple of auction sites. 1970 (x2), '74, '77, '79, '80, and '94.
                  Last edited by Jeff Olsen; 08-23-2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Panoramic view of the New York Giants vs. Chicago White Sox exhibition baseball game in Oxnard, California (November 11, 1913)

Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

• A few days late but I didn't notice this until just now. The Phillies in green pinstripes for St. Patrick's Day, 1986.1986 Phillies.jpg

Comment

• Those "Battered ******** of Baseball", the 1974 Portland Mavericks. Jeff Cox went on to play 507 innings for the Oakland A's in 1980 and one more in '81.1974 Mavericks.jpg

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X