This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1947 Mickey Mantle "Whiz Kids" Barnstorming Team Panoramic
    Last edited by BSmile; 06-28-2009, 08:44 PM.
    Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

• 1948 Mickey Mantle "Whiz Kids" Barnstorming Team Panoramic
      Last edited by BSmile; 06-28-2009, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• 1888 St. Louis Browns Team

1888 St. Louis Browns; 92-43, .681, 6.5 g ahead, (WS L 6-4 to Giants),---BB Ref

Top Row, L-R: Arlie Latham (3B), mascot, Tip O'Neill (LF).

Middle Row, L-R: Bill White (SS), Jim Devlin (P), Yank Robinson (2B), Tommy McCarthy (RF), Silver King (P), Joe Herr (SS).

Second to Bottom Row, Seated on bench, L-R: Jack Boyle (C), Nat Hudson (P), Charles Comiskey (1B), Jocko Milligan (C), Tom Dolan (C).

Bottom Row Seated on ground, L-R: Ice Box Chamberlin (P), Harry Lyons (CF).
        Last edited by Bill Burgess; 02-18-2010, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Oh...and the watch fob they received as an award (in the days before championship rings)

Comment

• 1910 World Series - Game 2 (Oct.18th) - Chicago Cubs vs. Philadelphia Athletics - Shibe Park - Philadelphia, PA - Attendance 24,597
            Here's a super-large redo of post #23. Enjoy!
            Last edited by BSmile; 10-07-2014, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Great job BSmile

I love the size of the redo's. I once asked you for a colorized panoramic but after looking at the crowd, etc, I realize it would take 20 years to color it. Maybe you could color one or a few of the players and leave the crowd b/w. Anyway ... great job on this!

Comment

• lol, that's awesome
                sigpic

Comment

• Although I've been a member for some time now, this is my 1st post. I just wanted to say that these pictures are literally out of this world. I try to get through a few everyday but can only access them from work. I'm still on page 9 because I spend so much time savoring every single detail of every photo. I also use the "year in review" section to see what went on that particular year. And to be honest I hope I never ever get to the end of this thread. I'm especially intrigued by the late 1800's and 1st quarter of the 1900's. Combine your love of history and your love for baseball and you get this thread right here. To me this thread is an escape, a time capsule, look at those old gloves, they're barely padded! You guys are doing an awesome job, keep up the good work because this thread is truly priceless and one day will go down in the baseball thread hall of fame.

Matt
                  Last edited by Screwball Matty; 07-15-2009, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Screwball Matty View Post
                    Although I've been a member for some time now, this is my 1st post. I just wanted to say that these pictures are literally out of this world. I try to get through a few everyday but can only access them from work. I'm still on page 9 because I spend so much time savoring every single detail of every photo. I also use the "year in review" section to see what went on that particular year. And to be honest I hope I never ever get to the end of this thread. I'm especially intrigued by the late 1800's and 1st quarter of the 1900's. Combine your love of history and your love for baseball and you get this thread right here. To me this thread is an escape, a time capsule, look at those old gloves, they're barely padded! You guys are doing an awesome job, keep up the good work because this thread is truly priceless and one day will go down in the baseball thread hall of fame.

Matt
                    Thanx Matt!
                    Nice to hear that you're enjoying your time so much in this thread.
                    Believe it or not, I still have even more to post...stay tuned!
                    Cheers! ~B

Comment

• 1905 World Series - Athletics vs. Giants - Polo Grounds, N.Y.
                      Another large redo. Sorry, I don't which game this is. They played games 2, 4 & 5 at the Polo Grounds. Enjoy!

Comment

• October 13, 1910 - Polo Grounds - New York
                        Two amazing views of the old Polo Grounds...on the same day.
                        Originally posted by OleMissCub
                        In that 1910 photograph of the Polo Grounds, does anyone know what those white lines are that extend out from the third and first base lines? I've never seen anything like that before.
                        Last edited by Bill Burgess; 07-27-2009, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• 1927 Yankees with Babe & Lou portraits

Nice pic of a great team.

1927 New York Yankees: 110-44, .714, 19 g ahead, (WS: W 4-0 over Pirates)---Spring Training in St. Petersburg, FL., March 30, 1927.---BB Ref--Player Identifications provided courtesy of Mark Fimoff (bmarlowe) and Gary Livacari (GaryL).

Top Row, L-R: Don Miller (P)(former Dartmouth), Joseph Styborsky (P)(former Penn State), Ray Morehart (2B), Paul Krichell (scout), Lou Gehrig (1B), Babe Ruth (OF), Johnny Grabowski (C), Dutch Reuther (P), George Pipgras (P), Jake Ruppert (owner), Mark Koenig (SS), Bob Meusel (OF), Earle Combs (CF), Wilcy Moore (P), Julian Wera (3B), Pat Collins (C), Mark Roth (Traveling Secretary), Al Brennan.

Middle Row, kneeling, L-R: Ben Paschal (OF), Urban Shocker (P), Hank Johnson (P).

Bottom Row, L-R: Cedric Durst (OF), Charlie O'Leary (Coach), Eddie Bennett (mascot), unidentified, Myles Thomas (P), Joe Giard (P), Bob Shawkey (P), Miller Huggins (Mgr.), Herb Pennock (P), Art Fletcher (Coach), Waite Hoyt (P), Benny Bengough (C), Mike Gazella (3B), John 'Pee Wee' Dougherty, Joe Dugan (3B).
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Bill Burgess; 12-23-2009, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Without a shadow of a doubt, someday, this thread will be famous throughout the baseball world.

We are accomplishing a very impressive achievement here. The size, the clarity, the identifications, the number of amazing photos in one place . . .

Someday this thread will be famous throughout the land of fans.

Comment

• A YARD OF THE NATIONAL GAME
                              Chicago Baseball Club. World's Champions and Record Breakers
                              Winners National League Pennant 1906 and 1907, World's Pennant 1907

Top: L-R: Mordecai Brown, Johnny Kling, Johnny Evers, Joe Tinker, Orval Overall, Carl Lundgren, Jimmie Sheckard, Jim Slagle, Art Hofman, Frank Schulte, Ed Reulbach, Harry Steinfelt, Jack Pfeister, Pat Moran, Charlie Fraser, Blaine Durbin, George Howard, Heinie Zimmerman, Frank Olis, Johnny McCormick (trainer), Charlie Williams (treasurer), Charles Thomas (Secretary).
                              Last edited by Bill Burgess; 07-27-2009, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• BSmile

Please post a "before and after" shot of the same panoramic, just to show how much work goes into your editing of the photo. I'd love to see what it looked like before you got your hands on it, just to see how much work went into making them as nice as they are now. The 07 Cubs pan is great!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X