This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimaggio boxing

Nice pic of Joe working out on the speed bag.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Dimaggio playing tennis

Interesting pic of Joe trying a new sport.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Yankee sluggers

Great shot of Dimaggio with his buddies. Red Ruffing, Frankie Crosetti, Bill Dickey, Charlie "King Kong" Keller, Joe DiMaggio: 1936-42.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Bill Burgess; 01-08-2010, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Joe Dimaggio pic #1

Nice shot of a very young Dimaggio.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Joe Dimaggio pic #2

And here is Dimaggio's mother kissing the previous photo.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Chief Bender and mascot?

I like this pic of Bender and the life size version of the patch that used to be on his jersey. Does his shirt say New Haven?
              Attached Files

Comment

• Brooklyn Sluggers

I see Reiser and Medwick I believe. Who are the others?
                1940-42: "Dixie" Walker, Joe "Ducky" Medwick, Dolf Camilli and "Pistol Pete" Reiser.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Bill Burgess; 01-10-2010, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• I saw another rare pic of Dimaggio today, but I would be banned if I posted it here. :silent:
                  They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                    I saw another rare pic of Dimaggio today, but I would be banned if I posted it here. :silent:
                    lol. Yea I heard about that photo "hanging" in a San Francisco museum.

Comment

• Help BS!

Can you do anything to this faded Babe Ruth panoramic to brighten it up abit or make it a tad clearer?
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I thought I'd take a shot at this, too. Can't wait to see what BSmile will come up with!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Bill Burgess; 12-12-2010, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Burgess View Post
                          I thought I'd take a shot at this, too. Can't wait to see what BSmile will come up with!
                          Thats alot better already Bill. I dont really think it will get any clearer but it looks better darker like you made it.

Comment

• Thanx guys, but the resolution is pretty bad on this pic. I'd love to see a really large version! Anyways, I played with it for a few minutes...here's what I got:
                            Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

• 1968 Cardinals

Nice team photo of the Cards with Maris.

1968 St. Louis Cardinals; 97-65, .599, 9 g ahead, (WS: L 4-3 to Tigers)---BB Ref

Top Row, L-R: Julian Javier (2B), Joe Hoerner (P), Dal Maxvill (SS), Phil Gagliano (UF), Ron Davis (OF), Bob Tolan (RF), Ed Spiezio (UF), Dick Schofield (MI), Dave Ricketts (C), Tim McCarver (C), Mel Nelson (P).

Middle Row, L-R: Bob Bauman (trainer), Bob Albus (assistant trainer), Bob Gibson (P), John Edwards (C), Pete Mikkelsen (P), Wayne Granger (P), Dick Hughes (P), Ray Washburn (P), Roger Maris (RF), Mike Shannon, Steve Carlton (P), Larry Jaster (P).

Bottom Row, L-R: Lou Brock (LF), Ron Willis (P), Orlando Cepeda (1B), Joe Shultz (coach), Billy Muffett (coach), Red Schoendienst (Mgr.), Dick Sisler (coach), Bob Milliken (coach), Nelson Briles (P), Curt Flood (CF), Butch Yatkeman (equipment manager).
                              Seated in Front: Don Deason (bat boy), Jerry Gibson (bat boy).
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Bill Burgess; 02-18-2010, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• 1969 Mets

Another nice team shot of the Mets this time.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X