X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1928 Chicago Cubs Team Panoramic

1928 Chicago Cubs, 91-63, .591, 3rd Place, 4 g behind---BB Ref

Top Row, L-R: Gabby Hartnett (C), Freddie McGuire (2B), Woody English (SS), Riggs Stephenson (LF), Mike Gonzales (C), Lewis (secretery), Dorr (grounds keeper), Clyde Beck (3B), Grampp, Guy Bush (P), Murphy, Ed Holley (P), Doolin (coach), Sheriff Blake (P), Pat Malone (P), Percy Jones (P), Hal Carlson (P), Lotshaw (trainer).

Bottom Row, L-R: Cliff Heathcote (OF), Kiki Cuyler (RF), Jimmy Burke (coach), Hack Wilson (CF), Joe Kelly (1B), Earl Webb (RF), Charlie Grimm (1B/capt.), William Veeck (Owner), William Wrigley (owner), J. O. Seys (VP), Joe McCarthy (Mgr.), Tom Langtry (mascot), Art Nehf (P), Lefty Weinert (P), Norm McMillan (IF), Johnny Butler (3B), Charlie Root (P).
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 06-06-2009, 03:06 PM.
    Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

• i've got to say that I come to the History of the Game section every day, multiple times in fact, looking to see if any new pictures have been posted in threads like this. Thanks so much for everything that you do bsmile

Comment

• Originally posted by Railsplitter View Post
        i've got to say that I come to the History of the Game section every day, multiple times in fact, looking to see if any new pictures have been posted in threads like this. Thanks so much for everything that you do bsmile
        Thanks so much Railsplitter! There's a lot more on-deck to be posted, so keep checking in. Cheers! ~B

Comment

• 1888 New York Giants Team
          I had to pull together several different images to come up with this final version...so there's some obvious "lack of image" spots. It was quite a challenge...but all the players are accounted for. Cheers! ~B

1888 New York Giants; 84-47, .641, 9 g ahead, (WS: W 6-4 over St. Louis Browns)---BB Ref
          Last edited by Bill Burgess; 02-19-2010, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• Question for you guys

These panoramics are amazing but I was wondering who bought them back then? Were they sold at the games or were they considered too expensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babefan View Post
              These panoramics are amazing but I was wondering who bought them back then? Were they sold at the games or were they considered too expensive.
              I'd have to guess that they were mainly made for players/coaches and the owners/stockholders of the clubs. Perhaps the better saloons and newspapers/sporting magazines received them as well. I seriously doubt that they were sold at the ballparks (yes, expensive), but I have no proof of that. Otherwise, I'd further guess that anyone could contact the original photographer to purchase a copy as well (although I'm sure not many did).

Comment

• 1907 World Series Gm.2 (Oct.9) Detroit v. Chicago (West Side Grounds, Chicago)

Originally posted by OleMissCub
                In that Cubs/Tigers picture, that's Jack Pfiester pitching for the Cubbies. He had an incredible career year in 1907, going 14-9 with a 1.15 ERA and had a 216 ERA+.
                Last edited by BSmile; 03-25-2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• 1903 - Chicago White Sox v. Boston Americans - Huntington Avenue Grounds, Boston
                  This is a much, much larger version of my post #84. There's a ton more detail to enjoy. Cheers! ~B

Comment

• Old Timers Baseball Team, Cleveland Ohio's 125th Anniversary, Dunn Field, July 29, 1921
                    Here's a super-huge version of post #18 (pg.1). I'm really, really excited to finally post a large/legible photo of this very cool event. Cheers! ~B

L-R: Heinie Berger Jr., Heinie Berger, J. Seward, E. Kemper, F. Knauss, Charlie Hickman, Rosenbach, Bill Bradley , Jesse Burkett, Chief Zimmer, Neal Ball, Gabby Street, Cy Young, Hendricks, Nap Lajoie, Nick Altrock, L. Twitchell, Harry Bay, E. Fli, Bunk Congalton, Terry Turner, Harris, Paddy Livingston, Earl Moore, Ollie Pickering, F. Gatch, Red Nelson, Chief Zimmer Jr.

Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                    BSmile, for the Cleveland pic, YOU ARE THE BEST
                    :bowdown::hyper:
                    Originally posted by Babefan
                    GREAT job on the Old Timers pan BS. This one blows the one I have out of the water! The clarity is amazing!!! Cant wait to see whats next!!
                    Originally posted by BSmile
                    Needless to say, I was pretty excited to have such a large and clear image to work with. Now if there were only film of the event...:crossfingers:

Speaking of 'large and clear images', the past few posts (and more to follow) are actually re-posts of images that I have found in a larger (better) state. So here they come.....
                    Last edited by BSmile; 03-25-2014, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• 1907 World Series Gm.2 (Oct.9) Detroit v. Chicago (West Side Grounds, Chicago) Pt.2
                      Bigger is better...but enormous is the best! Here's an amazing & different view of the 1907 World Series, Game 2. Cheers! ~B

BSmile, that might be the best panoramic I've ever seen posted. WOWOWOWOW

Oh....and check out the crowd, half of them are wearing what looks like white doo-rags!
                      Thanx!
                      And yeah, anybody have any idea why so many fans are wearing those 'doo-rags'??
                      I could be way off, but I have a feeling that the skinny kid on deck with his legs crossed is our boy Tyrus. Looks like his frame around that time.
                      Originally posted by bmarlowe
                      ---

Yes - It's discussed in the Chicago Tribune the day after the game. Apparently, it was common to carry a large hankerchief back then. It was very cold and windy, but the bowler hats tended to block people's views. So fans took off their hats, but tried to keep their heads warm by tying the hankies on top of their heads.
                      Well, there you have it. Great answer bmarlowe!
                      Last edited by BSmile; 03-25-2014, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• 1922 Cleveland Indians Team

1922 Cleveland Indians; 78-76, .506, 4th place, 16 g behind---BB Reference---(Player identifications provided courtesy of Bill Burgess.)

L-R: L. Wasaman (trainer), Joe Sewell (SS), Joe Evans (LF), Riggs Stephenson (IF), Dave Keefe (P), Walter Mails (P), C Guess (P), Barton (P), Allen Sothoron (P), Luke Sewll (C), Williamond (IF), Les Numamaker (C), Jim Lindsey (P), George Edmondson (P), Bissette (P), Stan Coveleskie (P), James McAllister (coach), William McNichols (secretary), Tris Speaker (CF/Mgr.), Jack Graney (OF), Jim Bagby (P), Lou Guisto (1B), Steve O'Neil (C), Joe Wood (RF), Ginger Shinault (C), George Uhle (P), Billy Wambsgnass (2B), Nellie Pott (P), Guy Morton (P), Charlie Jamieson (LF), Larry Gardner (3B), Doc Smallwood (trainer).
                        Last edited by BSmile; 03-25-2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• 1921 Cleveland Indians Team

1921 Cleveland Indians; 94-60, .610, 2nd place, 4.5 g behind---BB Reference---(Player identifications provided courtesy of Bill Burgess.)

L-R: Ted Odenwald (P), Charlie Jamieson (LF), S Poplinski, Riggs Stevenson (2B), Joe Sewell (SS), Joe Evans (LF), James McAllister (scout), Jack Graney (LF), Doc Johnson (1B), George Burns (1B), Guy Morton (P), Stan Coveleskie (P), WM McMachols (secretary), Tris Speaker (CF/Mgr.), James C. Dunn (owner), Jesse Petty (P), Ray Caldwell (P), George Uhle (P), Les Nunamaker (C), Joe Wood (RF), Elmer Smith (RF), Steve O'Neil(C), Pinch Thomas (C), Walt 'Dusty' Mails (P), Jim Bagby (P), G.Gvcowski (P), Tex Jeanes (OF), Billy Wambsganss (2B), Larry Gardner (3B).
                          Last edited by BSmile; 03-25-2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• 1929 Chicago Cubs Team---Player identifications provided courtesy of Gary Livacari (GaryL).

L-R: Zack Taylor (C), Hank Grampp (P), Johnny Moore (OF), Norm McMillan (3B), Ken Penner (P), Hal Carlson (P), Grover Land (Coach), Charlie Grimm (1B), Jimmy Burke (Coach), Cliff Heathcoat (OF), Woody English (SS), Joe McCarthy (Mgr.), Mike Cvengros (P), Clyde Beck? (3B), Footsie Blair (UT), Art Nehf (P), Pat Malone (P), Guy Bush (P), Johnny Schulte (C), Kiki Cuyler (RF), Sherriff Blake (P), Mike Gonzales (C), Hack Wilson (CF), Gabby Hartnett (C), Riggs Stepneson (LF), Rogers Hornsby (2B).
                            Last edited by BSmile; 03-25-2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Wrigley Field, Chicago - July 27, 1929

Comment

• BSmile-Amazing, simply amazing, thank you. :bowdown:
                                They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X