This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GaryL View Post
    This is a great one...three HOF'er in here: Mule Suttles, Willie Wells, and Cool Papa Bell!
    Even better! My knowledge of the early Negro Leagues isn't as strong as it could be. I've got some more teams coming right up...
    Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

• 1908 Harrisburg Giants Team
      Looks like it could be Spot Poles in the back row, 3rd from the left.
      Link: Spot Poles Bio

Comment

• 1879 Providence Grays Team
        1879 Grays Team Stats
        Reaching way back into the past with this one. This team features HOF'ers George Wright, Monte Ward and Jim O'Rourke. In 1904, Jim O'Roarke (now aged 53!) famously came back and caught one game for the N.Y. Giants. He managed to go 1-4 batting that day (a single).

1879 Providence Grays; 59-25, .702, 5 g ahead,---http://<span style="color:royalblue"...ference</span>

L-R: Monte Ward (P), Tom York (OF), Emil Gross (C), Joe Start (1B), George Wright (SS/Mrg.), Jim O'Rourke (OF), Mike McGeary (2B), Paul Hines (OF).
        Reclining on the ground in front: Jack Farrell(2B), Bobby Mathews (OF).
        Attached Files
        Last edited by BSmile; 09-07-2014, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• 1899 Baltimore Orioles, 86-62, .581, 4th Place, 15 g behind---BB-Reference

Top Row: L-R:Jerry Nops (P), Joe McGinnity (P), Pat Crisham (C), George LaChance (1B), Harry Howell (P), Frank Kitson (P).

Middle Row: L-R:Ducky Holmes (LR), Alex Smith (C), Walter Steve Brodie (CF), John J. McGraw (3B), Wilbert Robinson (C), Charlie Harris (3B), Steve McKenna (P).

Bottom Row: L-R: Dave Fultz (OF/3B), Gene DeMontreville (2B), Billy Keister (SS).
          Missing: Jimmy Sheckard (RF).
          Attached Files

Comment

• 1946 Nashua Dodgers Team
            1946 Dodgers Team Stats
            Although the 1946 Montreal Royals get the lionshare of attention/credit because of Jackie Robinson's debut there, the 1946 Nashua team was also very important to the integration of baseball. The great Roy Campanella and Don Newcombe both debuted for the New Hampshire team that year while Jackie was with Montreal. Also of note: the player-manager for Nashua in '46 was Walter Alston.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlanza View Post
              Awesome thread! I saw a table of contents on the first page of this thread that includes pages 1 thru 26. Is there a table of contents for pages after page 26? I'm specifically looking for non-team photos of Ted Williams and Stan Musial. Browsing the thread, I did find one of Williams, but it was at an awards program.
              I have just now finished indexing the rest of this archive for post #1. Pages 26 through page 41. Hope it helps people find things via the search function.
              Bill
              Last edited by Bill Burgess; 04-26-2011, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Burgess View Post
                I have just now finished indexing the rest of this archive for post #1. Pages 26 through page 41. Hope it helps people find things via the search function.
                Bill
                Great....thanx Bill!
                Cheers!
                ~B

Comment

• Team Fever scores again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Burgess View Post
                    Bill
                    Thanks Bill...That's a great help and I know it took a lot of effort. We're all grateful to you!

Comment

• Birdie Tebbetts' Major League All-Stars - 1948
                      This barnstorming team gave a chance for some small towns to see top level major league talent play. No HOF'ers here..although there's some pretty big stars. It took me a while to notice...but Spec Shea (NY) and Eddie Pellagrini (StL) are both wearing Red Sox caps! Nobody else is wearing the wrong cap, so I guess that story is lost to history. I'd LOVE to find some pics from the game in Hartford, CT that they lost. I'll be searching.....Cheers! ~B

Top Row, L-R: Dom DiMaggio (Red Sox), Gus Niarhos (Yankees), Birdie Tebbetts (Red Sox), Mickey Vernon (Indians), Snuffy Stirnweiss (Yankees), Dick Kokos (Browns), Vic Wertz (Tigers).

Bottom Row, L-R: Joe Coleman (Athletics), Art Houtteman (Tigers), Frank (Spec) Shea (Yankees), Sherry Robertson (Senators), Bob Savage (San Diego), Johnny Peskey (Red Sox), Eddie Pellagrini (Browns), Leo E. Cloutier.
                      Last edited by Bill Burgess; 04-28-2011, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GaryL View Post
                        Thanks Bill...That's a great help and I know it took a lot of effort. We're all grateful to you!
                        BSmile finds and spit-shines them like no other photo-editing artist alive. GaryL and Dto7 & Bmarlowe identifies them with a modest assist from me. I organize the logistical support & presentation.

The Fever A Team is like a well-made Rolls Royce. But BSmile is this team's Project Manager and star. That's how we roll.

Comment

• 1928 Cincinnati Reds Team (Cuban Tour)
                          1928 Reds Team Stats
                          Pictures of the '28 Reds team are rare to say the least. This one was part of a Cuban cigar ad while they toured the country.
                          Last edited by BSmile; 04-29-2011, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• 1888 Kansas City Cowboys Team
                            1888 Cowboys Team Stats

1888 Kansas City Cowboys; 43-89, .326, 47.5 g behind---BB-Reference

Top Row, L-R: Henry Porter (P), Myron Allen (OF), Bill Fagan (P), Jim McTamany (OF), Henry Easterday (SS).

Bottom Row, L-R: Sam Barkley (2B), Jumbo Davis (3B), Dave Rowe (Mgr./Capt./OF), Fatty Briordy (C), Frank Hankinson (UT).

Reclining on the ground in front: Jim Donahue (C), John Kirby (P).
                            Last edited by Bill Burgess; 05-01-2011, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• 1916 St. Louis Cardinals Team
                              1916 Cardinals Team Stats
                              This would mark the 1st full season for a 20 year old Rogers Hornsby. Miller Huggins was the manager who also played in 18 games, his last in the majors.

1916 St. Louis Cardinals; 60-93, .392, 7th Place, 33.5 g behind,---BB-Reference

Top Row, L-R: Steamboat Williams (P), Roy Corhan (SS), Red Ames (P), Charley Hall (P), Chief Wilson (CF/RF), Tony Brottem (C).

Middle Row, L-R: Slim Sallee (P), Frank Snyder (UT), Art Butler (UT), Walt Cruise (OF), Mike Gonzales (C), Lee Meadows (P), Jack Smith (CF), Dots Miller (1B).

Bottom Row, L-R: Hi Jasper (P), Rogers Hornsby (3B), Bruno Betzel (2B), Tom Long (OF), Miller Huggins (2B/Mgr.), Bill Doak (P), Zinn Beck(3B), Bob Bescher (LF).
                              Last edited by Bill Burgess; 05-02-2011, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• In case no one has noticed it, I have expanded my former policy. Formerly, due to my heavy personal research load, I was only doing the formats for the MLB teams.

Recently, due to a break in my countless projects, I went back and processed the minor league teams in this archive.

I did:

Post #640 - 1956 Milwaukee Braves
                                #741 - Warren, PA
                                #749 - 1927 Wichita Falls Scudders
                                #811 - 1945 Navy
                                #812 - 1945 Navy
                                #899 - 1923 Danville
                                #922 - 1923 Dubuque
                                #923 - 1907 Harrisbuerg
                                #953 - 1949 Oakland Rebels
                                #955 - 1955 Toronto Maple Leafs
                                #957 - 1913 Keio
                                #1012 - 1915 Spokane Indians
                                #1013 - 1926 St. Louis Stars (took some research)
                                #1017 - 1879 Providence Grays
                                #1024 - 1948 All-Stars
                                #1024 - Kansas City Cowboys

Hope this helps you guys out. It was a LONG day.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X