X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSmile
    replied
    1920 Detroit Wolverines Team
    I couldn't find any info about this team specifically, but it seems like they could have been part of an organized Negro League. Perhaps they played against or are related to some of the teams listed at Seamheads.com here: Negro League Organizations 1902-23. In any case, it's a great photo and I really like their uniforms. Anybody know more?

Leave a comment:

• BSmile
    replied
    1894 New York Giants Team
    1894 Giants Team Stats

1894 New York Giants; 88-44, .667, 2nd Place (out of 12 teams), 3 g behind,---BB-Reference---Player identifications provided courtesy of Gary Livacari (GaryL).

Top Row, L-R: Parke Wilson (UT), Duke Farrell (C), George Van Haltren (OF), Roger Connor (1B), Jouett Meekin (P), Huyler Westervelt (P), Amos Rusie (P).

Bottom Row, L-R: Dad Clarke (P), Lee German (P), Jack Doyle (1B), unidentified, Shorty Fuller (SS), George Davis (3B), Eddie Burke? (OF), Monte Ward (Mgr./2B).

Reclining in Front: unidentified, Yale Murphy (UT).
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 05-19-2012, 07:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BSmile
    replied
    1924 Washington Senators Team Composite
    National Association Of Professional Base Ball Leagues - Hartford, CT - December 1924
    1924 Senators Team Stats

Leave a comment:

• BSmile
    replied
    1905 Philadelphia Phillies Team Composite
    1905 Phillies Team Stats

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    Welcome, txranger, friend. Welcome to the Jackpot. The MotherLoad.

Leave a comment:

• BSmile
    replied
    Originally posted by txranger View Post
    Just discovered this thread. Incredible photos, a window into history of the great game. I think a lot of the history, events and triumphs of the game's past is lost on many of the fans today. I was always aware of depth of history but never knew much about the details. It is something I've gained a lot more interest in as of late and the learning and research of the game's past has quickly become a big hobby of mine.
    Thanks txranger..and welcome to BBF. If you're getting into the history of the game then you've come to the right site.
    Cheers! ~B

Leave a comment:

• txranger
    replied
    Just discovered this thread. Incredible photos, a window into history of the great game. I think a lot of the history, events and triumphs of the game's past is lost on many of the fans today. I was always aware of depth of history but never knew much about the details. It is something I've gained a lot more interest in as of late and the learning and research of the game's past has quickly become a big hobby of mine.

Leave a comment:

• BSmile
    replied
    1949 St. Louis Browns Team
    1949 Browns Team Stats

1949 St. Louis Browns; 53-101, .344, 7th Place, 44 g behind,---BB-Reference

Top Row, L-R: Tom Ferrick (P), Dick Starr (P), Roy Sievers (OF), 'White' Platt (LF), Stan Spence (OF), Red Embree (P), Joe Ostrowski (P), Karl Drews (P), Bill Kennedy (P).

Middle Row, L-R: Arthur Peters (club house attendant), Paul Lehner (OF), Les Mass (C), Bob Dillinger, (3B), Ray Shore (P), Ned Garver (P), Jerry Priddy (2B), Eddie Pellagrini (SS), Al Papai (P), Frank Pack (IF), Bob Bauman (trainer).

Bottom Row, L-R: Zack Taylor (Mgr.), Ralph Winegarner (coach), Joe Schultz (coach), John Tobin (coach), Andy Anderson (SS), John Sullivan (IF), Jack Graham (1B), Sherman Lollar (C), Cliff Fannin (P), Dick Kokos (RF).
    Sitting on ground in front: Ron Smallman (batboy)
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 05-02-2012, 08:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BSmile
    replied
    1909 Central HS Team - Kansas City, MO
    Featuring Casey Stengel (middle row, 2nd left)

Leave a comment:

• BSmile
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMendozaLine View Post
    That's the largest shot I've ever seen of that photo! Terrific find!
    Thanx!
    Yeah, I was pretty happy to dig it up.

Leave a comment:

• TheMendozaLine
    replied
    That's the largest shot I've ever seen of that photo! Terrific find!

Leave a comment:

• BSmile
    replied
    1936 Kansas City Monarchs Team
    Great uniforms...and love that bus too! Here's the player's ID's:
    Standing [L-R]: Andy Cooper, Pat Patterson, Woody Wilson, Chick Harris, Floyd Kranson, Bob Madison, Willard Brown, Leroy Taylor.
    Seated [L-R]: Newt Allen, Harry Else, Bullet Joe Rogan, Henry Milton, Eddie Dwight
    Last edited by BSmile; 02-15-2015, 02:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BSmile
    replied
    Originally posted by mschrader View Post
    thanks again for another great photo.

ms
    You're so welcome!
    Thanx!

Leave a comment:

• mschrader
    replied
    thanks again for another great photo.

ms

Leave a comment:

• BSmile
    replied
    Fenway Park Grand Opening - April 20, 1912
    In Honor of 100 Years...
    Today marks the 100th Anniversary of Boston's beloved ballpark. I've been lucky enough to have been there on more than a dozen occasions, including Game 3 of the 1986 World Series. Cheers to Fenway!

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X