Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    1947: Babe Ruth, signing to do the Babe Ruth Story.
    Benson Ford is standing with the light-colored suit and striped tie. Sports writer Hy Turkin on the right with the bowtie.
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 03-18-2011, 09:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    The Babe

Good one there Bill, this one I really like. Not sure why.
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 03-18-2011, 07:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    Miller Huggins making up with Babe Ruth in 1925.----------------------------------------------Making up after one of his 1925 suspensions with Babe Ruth.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    1934 Tour of Japan Team.

Top, L-R: Charlie Gehringer, Frankie Hayes, Moe Berg, Babe Ruth, Connie Mack, Lou Gehrig, Lefty O'Doul, Earl Whitehill, Earl Averill, Bob Schroder (A's business manager), unidentified (probably radio station manager)..

Bottom: Eric McNair, unidentified, Doc Edward E. Ebling (trainer), Jimmie Foxx, Lefty Gomez, Bing Miller, Joe Cascarella, unidentified.
    *Doc Edward E. Ebling joined the Philadelphia A's in 1915. He died February 11, 1938 at the age of 63. He was their trainer/chief masseur.

Others listed but I can't find are: Frank (Rabbit) Warstler, John Quinn, Clint Brown.
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 03-18-2011, 09:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    1928 Banquet for Sports Champions:
    Top: Babe Ruth (baseball), Gene Tunney (boxing), Johnny Weissmuller (swimming, played Tarzan in movies), Bill Cook (hockey)

Bottom: Bill Tilden (tennis), Bobby Jones (golf), Fred Spencer/Charlie Winters (6 Day bicycle race).
    A shame Jack Dempsey for boxing was not included in this wonderful photo. Or Jose Capablanca for chess.
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 08-16-2011, 01:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    1920-21-------------------------------------------------c.1931, Babe signing copies of his "How To Play Baseball" book for several children in wheelchairs and beds.
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 03-18-2011, 09:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    June 23, 1925 - vs. Washington Senators. Babe Ruth sliding into third base.

BSmile posted this on the Babe Ruth thread, and I find myself shameless in stealing it here. It's that good.

Thanx Bill!
    Yeah, there aren't many great action shots of the Babe (besides batting of course).

Thanking me? Oh, NO! I and everyone else ARE THANKING YOU!

How you find these priceless photos is beyond me. I've seen many of your photos before, but always in small size, and only average condition.

You seem to find the original photos, and in LARGE size. This Ruth shot is so absolutely gorgeous. We can see his expression in exquisite detail. Whenever I try to blow something up, it comes out lousy. Distorts all the original beauty. That is why so many of my stuff is so small. I refuse to compromise clarity for size.

But YOU! You never seem to compromise! How in hell can you get away with such size. It seems that the larger you blow it up, the most gorgeous and amazing it gets! I'm furious with envy!!! Just isn't fair.
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 03-18-2011, 08:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    -----The One and Only Babe, 1932 World Series ---BB-Reference
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 11-26-2012, 06:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied

November 7, 1927: Los Angeles: Lou Gehrig, Christy Walsh, Babe Ruth.-----------------with Jake Ruppert, 1933.
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 03-18-2011, 05:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    Babe Ruth/Lou Gehrig
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 03-18-2011, 08:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    Babe Ruth/Miller Huggins: February 22, 1921.--------------------------------------------------------------Boston Red Sox
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 03-18-2011, 06:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    1926----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Red Sox' P
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 03-18-2011, 08:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    Babe looking snazzy.
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 03-18-2011, 08:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    ---------------1920-21

Leave a comment:

• Bill Burgess
    replied
    Red Sox Pitcher---------------------------------------------------------------------------Red Sox Pitcher

March 2, 1927: Signing his 1927 contract, with Jake Ruppert. Ed Barrow, standing.
    How unusual that Babe wrote with his right hand and pitched with his left.----------Signing his 1932 contract, for $75,000. with Jake Ruppert, with wife Claire. He was angry about the $5K paycut.
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 03-18-2011, 08:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X