• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lou Gehrig

Some of his memorabilia
    Attached Files

Comment

Who colorized that Lou photo from 1939. That is pretty damn great!

Comment

Lou Gehrig

Nice rendition of the 1928 Yankees pan I posted on BS's site a long while back
        Attached Files

Comment

Lou Gehrig, Yankees' 1B, 1927,---BB-Reference-------------------------------------------------------------same shot, moment later.

Lou Gehrig, Yankees' 1B, 1936,---BB-Refence------------------------------------------------------Lou Gehrig, Yankees' 1B,1934

Comment

Hi Bill -

Check out my Fantastic Baseball Photos thread and you'll see many more colorized pics. I believe them all to be from SPORT magazine.

Comment

So you weren't the one to colorize this one? Did someone colorize it or was this one a rare, original color photo?

Comment

Lou Gehrig Photo File

Lou slams one. Portrait shot of Lou.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Burgess View Post
                  So you weren't the one to colorize this one? Did someone colorize it or was this one a rare, original color photo?
                  Bill, I'm pretty sure that the Gehrig picture is an original color photo and it has the same origin (possibly Sport mag.) as the Mel Ott pic I posted a while back: Mel Ott In Color
                  Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

Originally posted by BSmile View Post
                    Bill, I'm pretty sure that the Gehrig picture is an original color photo and it has the same origin (possibly Sport mag.) as the Mel Ott pic I posted a while back: Mel Ott In Color
                    Wow! So rare to see a true color original from 1939! I love to see them because it is a rare chance to see the actual colors of the uniforms. No guessing involved, for a change! Nice work, Babefan in finding it! Kudos!
                    From this photo, it appears the original, early Yankee blue was a much darker Navy. I think that somewhere along the line, the Yankees decided to lighten up their Yankee blue and today, it's a bold, emphatic blue as opposed to the original almost black/blue.

Comment

Lou Gehrig Photo File

Lou on stage of "Rawhide", 1938. Lou with Boston mascot, Johnny Orlando.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Lou Gehrig Photo File

Three more. Lou accepting an award, Lou watches a game from Commiskey Park, and Lou with Lou Chiozza, 1937 Series.
                        July 8, 1935, All-Star Game, Cleveland, OH. Ed Bang, sports editor of the Cleveland News,
                        presents 1934 MVP Trophy to Lou Gehrig in a brief ceremony before the start of the All-Star Game.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Bill Burgess; 10-26-2011, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Hi Bill and sorry for the delay in responding. The Gehrig color photo is from the Sunday News from the 1930's & 40's. as are many of the others I posted on my thread. Some are also from SPORT magazine. I agree with you that it is amazing to see the true colors of the times.

Comment

Lou Gehrig Photo File

Lou gets picked off, 1936 All-Star Game at Boston. Dizzy Dean picks off Lou. Rip Collins is the first baseman, and Bill Summers is the first base umpire.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Lou Gehrig Photo File

Lou's locker.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I don't know the when or where about this one. I'm guessing it's during spring training.

"I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                                Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X