Mel Ott Photo File

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mel Ott Photo File

1933-35: Mel with Bill Terry celebrate another Giants' win.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bill Burgess; 11-05-2011, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Mel Ott Photo File.

I picked up this photo by chance years ago. This is their way of staying in shape during the winter months. L to R: Carl Lind, Eddie morgan, Jouilliber, Monk Zeldon, Mel Ott, Lenny Mock and Zeke Bonura. All but Mock and Zelden were major leaguers. Mock played in the minors, Zeldon was a attorney in New Orleans. Photo was either 1934-1935.
      Attached Files

Comment

Correction: third player from the left should be, John Oulliber.

Comment

Mel Ott6 Photo File

Mel with Dof Camilli, Mel with Ford Frick and Eddie Dyer.
          Attached Files

Comment

Mel Ott Photo File

Cy Young and Mel at a baseball function, and Mel working at a table. Bottom: Mel with Horace Stoneham at a BBWAA dinner
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Bill Burgess; 12-13-2011, 11:39 AM.

Comment

1946 Chesterfield Ad - Bill Dickey & Mel Ott
              This ad features managers Bill Dickey (Yankees) and Mel Ott (Giants). Besides having Mel Ott, what’s interesting about it is that Dickey only managed the Yankees for 105 games in 1946. That ended up being the full extent of his managing experience, as he never skippered another MLB club again. So an ad featuring Dickey as manager is understandably pretty rare. Nice to see the guys in real color too. (Also featured on my blog: The Real BSmile: 1946 Chesterfield Ad)
              Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

Great ad! Never have seen one that was bright and colorful! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Melottfan View Post
                  Great ad! Never have seen one that was bright and colorful! Thanks.
                  No problem!
                  Yeah, I enhanced it a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by BSmile View Post
                    No problem!
                    Yeah, I enhanced it a bit.
                    I saw the ones you did on your blog. That's pretty wild.
                    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ott getting back to third sometime in 1939. The Reds third baseman is Billy Werber.

Last edited by runningshoes; 12-10-2011, 01:23 PM.
                      "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ott with members of the New York press in Lakewood New Jersey circa 1944.

Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes View Post
                          Ott getting back to first sometime in 1942. The Reds first baseman is Bert Haas. I was able to identify the year from Haas' uniform. 1942 was the only year the Reds had that patch on the left sleeve. It would be nice if some researcher would catalog all the uniform patches.
                          It looks more like the Baseball Centennial patch on the Reds uni. Maybe it's actually 1939 and Billy Werber covering 3rd?

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes View Post
                            It would be nice if some researcher would catalog all the uniform patches.
                            Have you seen this before?
                            National Baseball HOF: Patches & Armbands

Comment

It looks more like the Baseball Centennial patch on the Reds uni. Maybe it's actually 1939 and Billy Werber covering 3rd?
                              Looks like you're right. I just assumed it was first because of where Ott is situated.

Last edited by runningshoes; 12-10-2011, 01:24 PM.
                              Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

I've seen it but I would like to see something more in-depth, perhaps with actual photos of the patches and descriptions where they are available. Like this one.

Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X