Crosley Field - Cincinnati 100th Anniversiary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crosley Field - Cincinnati 100th Anniversiary

Cincinnati.com has posted photos from Crosley Field. It originally opened April 11, 1912 as Redland Field. It was renamed Crosley Field in 1934 after Powell Crosley purchased the team.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...4060806&Ref=PH

Crosley hosted the first night game in baseball in May, 1935.

Enjoy.

There are also a bunch of photographs on www.crosley-field.com.

Comment

From Uni Watch a few days ago, the 100th Anniversary on-deck circle: There's No Service Like Wire Service, Vol. 44

Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

Great site. Thanks for the share. But I've always wondered where were the clubhouses at Crosley. One fan remembers that the players came down the stands and into the dugouts.

Comment

Originally posted by grape ape View Post
          Great site. Thanks for the share. But I've always wondered where were the clubhouses at Crosley. One fan remembers that the players came down the stands and into the dugouts.
          It was under the stands!!!

Comment

Well, yes. But one of our baseball fever members remembers when Pete Rose peed next to him during a game at Crosley.
            I've since found out that both clubhouses were located under the left field stands.
            A strange situation, regardless.
            I've been in many a ballpark, and this is not a common configuration.
            Even in low ball, they at least have a urinal in the dugout.
            And boy do they stink. P-u!
            Last edited by grape ape; 03-01-2014, 11:28 PM.

Comment

A urinal in the dugout??
              Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

Originally posted by The Monument View Post
                A urinal in the dugout??
                Sure. The guys don't go all the way back to the clubhouse in the middle of a game. Usually urinal located behind the dugout. Or (sometimes in rare cases) on the side, behind a screen. Even in old parks like Fenway there is a trough right at the bottom of the stairs.
                And in new parks, with the bullpens in the outfield they have little free-standing buildings. I saw a picture of one of the bullpen bathrooms that had an exercise bicycle in it, so the players can stay loose while waiting.
                Last edited by grape ape; 04-16-2014, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X