X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Between Innings' INTENT

Hello Baseball Fever Members,

Welcome to Baseball Fever's newest forum - Between Innings. Have you ever been at a ballgame and between innings had a light hearted discussion about our national pastime? Was it not really historical, not really trivia, not serious, but fun to talk about with your fellow baseball friends? If so, than Between Innings is the perfect place for you. Welcome.

A friendly remind though: Baseball Fever does have a strict policy about baseball only content and this remains in affect, even here. So keep it baseball related, keep it light, have fun, and enjoy a bit of time between innings.

Sean

Originally posted by webmaster
    Hello Baseball Fever Members,

Welcome to Baseball Fever's newest forum - Between Innings. Have you ever been at a ballgame and between innings had a light hearted discussion about our national pastime? Was it not really historical, not really trivia, not serious, but fun to talk about with your fellow baseball friends? If so, than Between Innings is the perfect place for you. Welcome.

A friendly remind though: Baseball Fever does have a strict policy about baseball only content and this remains in affect, even here. So keep it baseball related, keep it light, have fun, and enjoy a bit of time between innings.

Sean
    I think it is some what sad that this has to be said, but here it goes.

I strongly feel that we can have fun within this forum, without being negative towards players or meanspirited in any way.

So please think about that before posting a thread that degrades the game of baseball.

I say again,

Please.
    BELIEVE

Comment

Give me a break....ugliest player is all in jest....it's no big deal. I'm sure no ball player past or present cares if they were mentioned. Some may actually agree...i dont see how that demeans the game of baseball, in no way were they stating that baseball either "sucked" was "dumb" or "Worthless" or anything like that. I feel like many mods on this site are too busy "policing thoughts" as a former member put it, instead of talking about baseball and having simple "fun" with a topic, some with a higher authority have to squash every thing or anything that is "offensive" to someone who acts as if they've never thought or talked about "who the ugliest player in the majors was and is". It's out of control. Send me a PM, do what you want....I'll be glad to let you know how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster
        Have you ever been at a ballgame and between innings had a light hearted discussion about our national pastime? Was it not really historical, not really trivia, not serious, but fun to talk about with your fellow baseball friends? If so, than Between Innings is the perfect place for you. Sean

Hmmm...sounds like "ugliest player" is light hearted about baseball, it's not talking about something un-baseball oriented, it's not historical, trivia, and definantly not serious, and it was fun to talk about. Hmmm...according to the webmaster this was the perfect place for it.

Comment

Originally posted by W_Marone
          Give me a break....ugliest player is all in jest....it's no big deal. I'm sure no ball player past or present cares if they were mentioned. Some may actually agree...i dont see how that demeans the game of baseball, in no way were they stating that baseball either "sucked" was "dumb" or "Worthless" or anything like that. I feel like many mods on this site are too busy "policing thoughts" as a former member put it, instead of talking about baseball and having simple "fun" with a topic, some with a higher authority have to squash every thing or anything that is "offensive" to someone who acts as if they've never thought or talked about "who the ugliest player in the majors was and is". It's out of control. Send me a PM, do what you want....I'll be glad to let you know how it is.
          I just pm'd you. As I said in the PM, I respect you for PM'ing me on this topic, and not doing so in public.

That is all I will say, other than policies are policies. Do not assume that just because you have thicker skin and it does not "offend" you that another member might not think differently.

By all means, I hope to hear from you again, via PM.
          BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by W_Marone
            Hmmm...sounds like "ugliest player" is light hearted about baseball, it's not talking about something un-baseball oriented, it's not historical, trivia, and definantly not serious, and it was fun to talk about. Hmmm...according to the webmaster this was the perfect place for it.
            I hear what you're saying, W_Marone, but it is technically name-calling, which is against site policy.
            "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Do we want to close threads on a technicality? I can understand a reason for closing it.. I just hope it wasn't because it was 'technically' name calling a player that will never see that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra
                Do we want to close threads on a technicality? I can understand a reason for closing it.. I just hope it wasn't because it was 'technically' name calling a player that will never see that thread.

It's the intention behind the name-calling, Evan. I'm offering W_Marone a technical answer to his technical question...the reality beyond that is that the thread's in poor taste, offensive and not the image that BBF wants to project to anyone coming through.
                "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by EvanAparra
                  I think that players' looks shouldn't really be much for comment. If we were talking about their height, I could understand. Heck, even guys with the biggest bellies wouldn't really interest me much. Of course, a few jokes about Boomer, Lasorda and other "heavyweights" in baseball could bring a few chuckles to the humor-deprived out there.

I remember having closed threads for being outright accusatory in nature. Someone sad in a factual manner under CE that Pujols was on steroids, which seemed like the most ridiculous thing out there. Of course, we've likely had more threads under CE within the past year than we've even had *MENTION* of Pujols under the Cards' forum here. Talk about bandwidth.

I believe that it goes on a case-by-case basis. If someone were to create a thread deemed to be in very poor taste (exagerrated example: vote-offs of players who've beaten up their wife or girlfriend, drug users, etc), I think that would definitely stretch the limits on acceptability. For those, I'd just say that enough is enough, and we could end those immediately.

Just please keep it in good taste. No threads about the players' looks (good or bad), nor any threads about players' wives' looks either (good or bad).

Now if you folks wish to have threads about crazy looking unis like the '70s Astros rainbow colored ones, comparing this to the black & gold Pirates ones & others from the same era, I'd say to be my guest.

Thx.
                  Last edited by Mattingly; 03-22-2007, 11:39 PM.
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                  THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                  Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Hey, I liked the old Pirate unis from the 70s early 80s. I loved that flat top cap.

But, yeah the Astros unis should be illegal, it could potentially blind the hitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Death to Crawling Things View Post
                      Hey, I liked the old Pirate unis from the 70s early 80s. I loved that flat top cap.

But, yeah the Astros unis should be illegal, it could potentially blind the hitter.
                      Actually, I liked the Astros uniforms with the rainbow. They were eye catching, and certainly different from anything up to that point. One of the teams in the Third Battalion (volunteer firefighters) softball league I was in had the same unis, and they were very appealing, at least to me.
                      You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

Too many disgruntled people here. So much for keeping things "light".
                        The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
                          Too many disgruntled people here. So much for keeping things "light".
                          Maybe it's you.
                          WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X