wiffle-ball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiffle-ball

does anybody play ? If not u should try it sometime. insane pitches, and really helps when u see that stuff in-game

I have the single most wicked curve known to man. Throw a regular wiffle ball curve grip, but throw it straight sidearm. It should drop straight off the table.

Comment

Yep, I had wicked control of the wiffle curve ball when I was a kid.

Comment

I play wiffle ball. I can throw a wicked riser, nice curves (I have 3 grips for curves), knuckleball, slider, screwball, circle change, and of course a fastball. I also invented a pitch awhile back, even though it doesnt really work.

I love playing wiffle ball as it is just fun when in baseball (it is fun to play) can have alot of pressure in it sometimes.
        go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

Played the game 35-40 years ago, when my sons were young.

Bob

Comment

that is what i love about the game redsox, u can have a major-league quality arsenal of pitches.

One thing i noticed is that the generic curve grip (as shown on a wiffle-ball box), gets smoked. Anybody else notice this ? a nice curve is a ball thrown with a slider grip, very slowly.

Comment

A lot of people complain that it messes up your swing, which is why when I play I use a real wood or metal bat and hard wiffleballs so they don't brake. They also now have a metal bat designed for wiffleball.

Comment

A few years ago, my brother and I would play out full playoff tournaments in wiffle ball. We've slowed down with that now, as we hit the ball too far, and the games are now more like 25-20, instead of 5-4. But recently we've started playing a lot more, and the scores have gone down quite a bit.

Yeah, the generic wiffle ball curve gets smoked, but only because it breaks so early. That can be fixed by throwing sidearm or submarine. The generic slider grip, when thrown sidearm, tends to break 3-4 feet when I start it in the middle of the plate. If my brother and I played a full 9-a-side game, then I would throw so many wild pitches, I would make Daniel Cabrera look like Greg Maddux. Another good pitch is the splitter. You throw it on the top of the ball (the side with holes, if you're using a generic wiffle ball), and put your index and middle finger on either side of the small plastic area on top. Note: You must throw this pitch overhand or submarine. If you throw it sidearm, it doesn't sink. I've hit the ball over 300 feet a couple times (off the generic curve grip and a straight change). Another thing I like is that you actually get to admire your shots, when you're just playing one-on-one, unlike in real baseball, where they tell you to run and look at your first base coach.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSoxVT92
                  I play wiffle ball. I can throw a wicked riser, nice curves (I have 3 grips for curves), knuckleball, slider, screwball, circle change, and of course a fastball. I also invented a pitch awhile back, even though it doesnt really work.

I love playing wiffle ball as it is just fun when in baseball (it is fun to play) can have alot of pressure in it sometimes.

Same here! So many cool pitches you can do with a whiffle ball... Great game
                  "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
                  ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

My slider is unhittable. It tails sooo much. I also try different arm releases to screw up the batter. The submarine works pretty well. I do agree that it messes up your swing though. I had a week off from real baseball and played a lot of wiffle ball. At our next practice, I couldn't hit a real baseball. The flaw was easy to fix, but I'm not going to play wiffleball again until the offseason.
                    GOT ALBERT?
                    St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
                    http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

Comment

Yeah, I agree with everything you're saying, gashouse. Submarine or straight sidearm is the best way to pitch. I only play wiffle ball in the offseason as well... then again, I don't play much summer league because I go away too much.

Comment

Sidearm or submarine worked the best for me as a kid. I threw a great riser. We once bought a whiffle ball that had amazing movement. My riser would come in to the batter around his knees. As he swung, the ball was rising right out of the strike zone and up to his eyeballs. Even if he made contact all that would happen is he would foul it back.

But one day we split that whiffle ball in half and I've never found one quite like it. This reminds me to buy one so my son and I can play once his Babe Ruth season is over.
                        "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                        "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

Originally posted by RedSoxVT92

I like to play Strikeout with wiffle balls and bat with some of the kids on my block. Can you help me out on how to throw all of those pitches?
                          Grab some pine, MEAT!!!

Comment

OK. Do you have a generic wiffle ball? (the one that says "the original wiffle ball" on the box)

If you do, then I've already given you instructions on the splitter and the box has instructions for the curve. I don't really throw anything else, except a fastball, and I only throw that 0-2.

Comment

Knucklecurve=stiiiirike 3
                              :radio...and Wilkerson strikes out.....again.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X