Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by tearforamariner
    As this is the 2003rd reply to this thread, I'd like to take time to say that the 2003 World Champions will be the SEATTLE MARINERS!!!!
    In 2003 more years or 2003 more posts, whichever comes first.

    Besides, I thought you guys wanted 116 wins moreso than the ring? Sweet Lou should've followed Torre's philosophy of easing up on the reins in late September, instead of driving the horse dead in the end.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Mattingly
      In 2003 more years or 2003 more posts, whichever comes first.

      Besides, I thought you guys wanted 116 wins moreso than the ring? Sweet Lou should've followed Torre's philosophy of easing up on the reins in late September, instead of driving the horse dead in the end.
      Lou's gone Mattingly. Bob Melvin is looking mighty impressive for his first year ever managing.

      Comment


      • Gotta say the A's look good still. Just as I predicted in June, they over took the West and will continue to win. Sweep! Sweep!
        WAR? Prove it!

        Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

        Comment


        • BoSox still lead Wildcard!

          Originally posted by tearforamariner
          As this is the 2003rd reply to this thread, I'd like to take time to say that the 2003 World Champions will be the SEATTLE MARINERS!!!!
          Don't they have to make the playoffs first?
          WORLD CHAMPIONS!

          1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

          1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


          1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

          Comment


          • Re: BoSox still lead Wildcard!

            Originally posted by YankeeMan
            Don't they have to make the playoffs first?
            Better them than Boston. Oh, hiya, Ken! :gt
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

            Comment


            • Originally posted by tearforamariner
              Lou's gone Mattingly. Bob Melvin is looking mighty impressive for his first year ever managing.
              In that case, you should be able to tell me how the West will be won? Or will Zito75 be saying this?
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

              Comment


              • Re: Re: BoSox still lead Wildcard!

                Originally posted by Mattingly
                Better them than Boston. Oh, hiya, Ken! :gt
                Yeah, but if we taunt them and they don't make a comeback, we win -- 'cause we got to taunt them.

                And if they do come back and make it, we win -- Boston watches playoffs on TV.

                It's a WIN -- WIN!
                WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mattingly
                  In that case, you should be able to tell me how the West will be won? Or will Zito75 be saying this?
                  I didn't want to give our secrets away, but all right, you twisted my arm. It'll involve a broom down in Oakland. Moyer and the crew will be all to happy to cleen up the Colliseum.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by tearforamariner
                    I didn't want to give our secrets away, but all right, you twisted my arm. It'll involve a broom down in Oakland. Moyer and the crew will be all to happy to cleen up the Colliseum.
                    I think the A's might be the one's with the broom.
                    WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                    1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                    1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                    1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                    Comment


                    • hopefully the yankees will win it all again this year. baseball needs a breath of fresh air and its been over one year since the yankees last won the world series. plus, i just love those scrappy underdogs!

                      Comment


                      • Funny stuff yo2255.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by yo2255
                          hopefully the yankees will win it all again this year. baseball needs a breath of fresh air and its been over one year since the yankees last won the world series. plus, i just love those scrappy underdogs!
                          Yeah, me too. Can't get enough of the rich getting richer. I think we need to let them win this one, 'cause if they don't King George may get p***** off and buy a small country just for spite!
                          4 5 (7) 8 20 22 33 42 (44)

                          Comment


                          • YANKEES 13! O's 1 -- FINAL

                            Originally posted by bigtime39 Yeah, me too. Can't get enough of the rich getting richer. I think we need to let them win this one, 'cause if they don't King George may get p***** off and buy a small country just for spite!
                            Rumor has it that the O's are looking to add high priced talent in the off-season.
                            WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                            1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                            1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                            1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                            Comment


                            • Re: Re: BoSox still lead Wildcard!

                              Originally posted by Mattingly
                              Better them than Boston. Oh, hiya, Ken! :gt

                              Especially if New York wants to advance...


                              Last edited by KenFougere; 09-15-2003, 11:55 PM.
                              Ken Fougère

                              Comment


                              • Re: Re: Re: BoSox still lead Wildcard!

                                Originally posted by YankeeMan
                                Yeah, but if we taunt them and they don't make a comeback, we win -- 'cause we got to taunt them.

                                And if they do come back and make it, we win -- Boston watches playoffs on TV.

                                It's a WIN -- WIN!
                                We taunt them and they lose, we've won, since we've taunted them and beaten them. I say we taunt them some more and get their ire up!!!
                                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X