Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Re: Re: BoSox still lead Wildcard!

Originally posted by KenFougere
    Especially if New York wants to advance...

Sure, winner gets to pick from the loser's team. Let's see, everybody knows that Jeter's better, so you can keep Nomar (unless he wants to play 3B), and I guess Ortiz can man the bench warming while Nick Johnson and the real Giambi smack souvenirs into the next state, hmmmmm, we'll take Mueller, Manny can also backup Matsui in LF (especially when we need some humorous outfield catches), and I guess that Tek can be a reasonable upgrade to Flaherty in backing up Posada. Maybe Damon will one day play CF at Ruth's house, but not likely as well as Bernie. Can Trot play RF in da Bronx? Naaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

Now then, that should about do it. Enjoy next season!

FORE!
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by bigtime39
      Yeah, me too. Can't get enough of the rich getting richer. I think we need to let them win this one, 'cause if they don't King George may get p***** off and buy a small country just for spite!
      Heck, since George is so popular down in Tampa Bay where he lives, I've heard he's going to buy the D-Rays and make them his new AAA team. Hey, if they don't win much, I guess we'll have to take Sweet Lou off their hands. I heard that Torre needs a new bench coach!
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by tearforamariner
        I didn't want to give our secrets away, but all right, you twisted my arm. It'll involve a broom down in Oakland. Moyer and the crew will be all to happy to cleen up the Colliseum.
        You sure it won't be you guys getting swept under the carpet?

Sniff, sniff, I smell a Zito75 posting about to occur. If not, I'll have to PM the guy.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: BoSox still lead Wildcard!

Originally posted by Mattingly
          Sure, winner gets to pick from the loser's team. Let's see, everybody knows that Jeter's better, so you can keep Nomar (unless he wants to play 3B), and I guess Ortiz can man the bench warming while Nick Johnson and the real Giambi smack souvenirs into the next state, hmmmmm, we'll take Mueller, Manny can also backup Matsui in LF (especially when we need some humorous outfield catches), and I guess that Tek can be a reasonable upgrade to Flaherty in backing up Posada. Maybe Damon will one day play CF at Ruth's house, but not likely as well as Bernie. Can Trot play RF in da Bronx? Naaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

You can keep giambi, aka, steve balboni. manny backing up matsui? funny. posada is the most overrated catcher in history. if tek was in pinstripes they'd be calling him the greatest ever. bernie williams? washed up. at least damon has a few more decent years in him. also, trot nixon might be a slight upgrade to whatever corpse you have playing right field in the bronx right now.

Comment

• BoSox still lead Wildcard!

Originally posted by Mattingly

Now then, that should about do it. Enjoy next season!

FORE!

Somebody give Matt' a nudge, . . .

he's sleep-typing again!
            <>:atthepc:

_____
            Last edited by KenFougere; 09-16-2003, 05:52 PM.
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BoSox still lead Wildcard!

Originally posted by yo2255
              You can keep giambi, aka, steve balboni. manny backing up matsui? funny. posada is the most overrated catcher in history. if tek was in pinstripes they'd be calling him the greatest ever. bernie williams? washed up. at least damon has a few more decent years in him. also, trot nixon might be a slight upgrade to whatever corpse you have playing right field in the bronx right now.
              I have to agree with everything here, except for Giambi. He's the best First Basemen that isn't playing for the Colorado Rockies.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BoSox still lead Wildcard!

Originally posted by yo2255
                I think it's about time that you be reminded that everything said here is all in fun, so please, keep it light. Thanks.

How does Jason Giambi compare to Steve Balboni? For example, please?

As to Manny backing up Matsui, that was obviously a joke.

For Posada, how is he overrated? Would you also be saying this about Tek had he been in pinstripes? I'll always give Tek credit for being a slugging, switch-hitting catcher, but it's not my doing that it was Posada who's given first dibs in the All-Star. I think both do very well, but Tek's obviously a quality starter, so the "backup" thing was a joke also.

Yeah, Bernie's arm isn't as strong as in seasons past, but I'll still take him, but preferably at LF.

So Karim Garcia's a corpse? You didn't even know who we've got in RF and he's a corpse? That's a new one.

Comment

• Re: BoSox still lead Wildcard!

Originally posted by KenFougere

Somebody give Matt' a nudge, . . .

he's sleep-typing again!
                  <>:atthepc:

_____
                  Had Kennedy not been on the bad side of an off year, I think that Boston might've lost that game. That said, I still say you guys can't take 15 runs from them like we did this weekend.

Anyway, please make your reservations to the country club early, since there's be a stampede once Oakland does you in. Good thing, since Seattle looks helpless against you guys.

I still need to work it out with TFAM so that we can waiver trade Enrique Wilson down there when Pedro pitches, then ship him back to the Bronx when they've kicked you guys in good.

Comment

• Besides, our rightfielder next year will be an upgrade!

Can you say "Vlad?"
                    WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan
                      Besides, our rightfielder next year will be an upgrade!

Can you say "Vlad?"
                      Given that he actually wants to come here, and that Baltimore doesn't convince him that the slightly smaller town (but definitely not "small market") is better.

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan
                        Besides, our rightfielder next year will be an upgrade!

Can you say "Vlad?"
                        Come on, try the next syllable...
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                          Come on, try the next syllable...
                          Vlad-mir? "Mir"? Uhhhhhhhhh, what doth this Ken person talk about this time?

Comment

• mattingly, i dont need to be reminded it's all in fun. of course it's all in jest. i actually enjoyed writing that post very much. the giambi comment was a reference to his relatively low batting average this year. yea, yea. i know he's good, but you think i'm gonna admit that to a yankees fan? posada I do feel is overrated. i think he is the second best catcher in the league behind Tek. hmm.what else did i say? oh yea. the corprse thing. i know karim garcia is your rightfielder. come on! im a redsox fan. i know everything about you guys. i also know about david delucci. yikes. i admit they are a slight upgrade from a dead body but nixon would be a huge upgrade, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                              Vlad-mir? "Mir"? Uhhhhhhhhh, what doth this Ken person talk about this time?
                              You'll have to excuse Ken -- 85 years of fustration has taken its toll.
                              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by yo2255
                                mattingly, i dont need to be reminded it's all in fun. of course it's all in jest. i actually enjoyed writing that post very much. the giambi comment was a reference to his relatively low batting average this year. yea, yea. i know he's good, but you think i'm gonna admit that to a yankees fan? posada I do feel is overrated. i think he is the second best catcher in the league behind Tek. hmm.what else did i say? oh yea. the corprse thing. i know karim garcia is your rightfielder. come on! im a redsox fan. i know everything about you guys. i also know about david delucci. yikes. i admit they are a slight upgrade from a dead body but nixon would be a huge upgrade, no?
                                Well then, I'll have to lump you and Ken all in the same boat as my next victims then. If not now, then wait'll October, given that Zito doesn't polish you guys off first!

I think you just did admit that Giambi's good. I'll take it.

As to Tek being better than Posada, why do you say that? I think the fact that Posada's been a big part of the run should put him in good standing. Clemens raves about him, just as I'm sure Pedro does about Tek. I'll keep Jorge, big nose and all!

I don't know who we'll have in RF, but Karim Garcia's inability to hit lefties isn't good, despite his great ability to run down fly balls, as well as an arm almost as good as Mondesi's (about the strength of Shane Spencer's, or a little better). Until further notice, he'll be platooning with Juan Rivera, who also plays LF.

What about Dave Dellucci? He's on the DL. I think that Garcia's a better fielder, but Dellucci's good, certainly better than John Vander Wal last season.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X