Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
    The Mariners won't even make it to the playoffs.
    Hey Hey Hey! If we can beat Hudson, we can beat all the other pitchers those Athletics can throw at us. Today, Pinny will walk away with a W.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by tearforamariner
      Mookie wore #1 until 1989, when he switched to #3.
      I thought he'd worn #4. Or was I thinking about Lenny Dykstra? Shees, now I've got numbers spinning around in my head. Never happened before I'd met TFAM or Sandman, but that's fodder for another thread.

      Anyway, when you get 5 minutes, please see the playoffs proposal thread:

      http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...threadid=11455
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tearforamariner
        Hey Hey Hey! If we can beat Hudson, we can beat all the other pitchers those Athletics can throw at us. Today, Pinny will walk away with a W.
        And if they don't?

        *Puts TFAM's hat in front of him, plus lots of salt & pepper*
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mattingly
          I thought he'd worn #4. Or was I thinking about Lenny Dykstra? Shees, now I've got numbers spinning around in my head. Never happened before I'd met TFAM or Sandman, but that's fodder for another thread.

          Anyway, when you get 5 minutes, please see the playoffs proposal thread:

          http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...threadid=11455
          I saw it, but I'm going to wait until my M's make it to the Playoffs to respond.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mattingly
            And if they don't?

            *Puts TFAM's hat in front of him, plus lots of salt & pepper*
            There is no "if they dont". They will. I for one have faith in my Star Bucks swilling, Teal wearing bunch of fisherman.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by tearforamariner
              Hey Hey Hey! If we can beat Hudson, we can beat all the other pitchers those Athletics can throw at us. Today, Pinny will walk away with a W.
              Baltimore also beat Hudson. Does that mean they're going to be in the playoffs too?
              2016 World Series Champions

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
                Baltimore also beat Hudson. Does that mean they're going to be in the playoffs too?
                And the M's swept the O's. What's your point? The A's will go down.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by tearforamariner
                  And the M's swept the O's. What's your point? The A's will go down.
                  Says who? A hopeful Mariners fan.
                  2016 World Series Champions

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
                    Says who? A hopeful Mariners fan.
                    Who says they won't? A bitter Chicago fan?

                    Comment


                    • And a Bitter Mets fan.

                      Comment


                      • It's called faith people. Faith that the M's could sweep the A's.

                        Just out of curiousity: If the M's did it, would it be the greatest september comeback in history? The Yankees overcame 6.5 games, but that was early in Sept. The 1995 M's overcame a 6 game deficit, again in early Sept. But to overcome a 5 game deficit with 9 games left on the schedule? That has to be unheard of.

                        Comment


                        • Even if they do sweep the A's, they'll still be 2 games back, with 3 remaining against the A's, and as long as the A's win one of the next 5 games against the Mariners, it's over.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by tearforamariner
                            It's called faith people. Faith that the M's could sweep the A's.

                            Just out of curiousity: If the M's did it, would it be the greatest september comeback in history? The Yankees overcame 6.5 games, but that was early in Sept. The 1995 M's overcame a 6 game deficit, again in early Sept. But to overcome a 5 game deficit with 9 games left on the schedule? That has to be unheard of.
                            The '64 Cardinals overcame a 5 run deficiet with 11 games left to catch the Phillies and win the NL pennant. At the end of play on Sept. 23, they were tied for third place with the Giants and 1.5 games behind the second place Reds. That wasn't a bad comeback either.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Beantown Follies!

                              Originally posted by YankeeMan
                              I'm wondering how they define "improvement" in Beantown -- isn't this going to be the sixth year in a row that the BoSox have finished in second place?
                              Hmmm, I wonder who finished in first place during these last six years?
                              "They" would define improvement by, I don't know, say, winning more games than the previous season. Finishing closer to first place than the year before. How'd I do, ok?
                              Ken Fougère

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by tearforamariner
                                It's called faith people. Faith that the M's could sweep the A's.

                                Just out of curiousity: If the M's did it, would it be the greatest september comeback in history? The Yankees overcame 6.5 games, but that was early in Sept. The 1995 M's overcame a 6 game deficit, again in early Sept. But to overcome a 5 game deficit with 9 games left on the schedule? That has to be unheard of.
                                In 1987,the Detriot Tigers overcame a 3 1/2 game deficit with 7 games left to steal the AL East crown from Toronto on the final game of the season at Tiger Stadium.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X