This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sandman
    As long as they can keep up the free spending attitude, their going to keep up the success.
    When the Yanks traded each of Rondell White, Raul Mondesi and Sterling Hitchcock, that said to me that they're trying to be a leaner, more efficient team. I wouldn't be surprised if big names are sought this winter, such as Vlad, but I don't expect any more $6m pitchers who end up doing long relief, making 11 times what Eric Gagne does.

I believe that if the Yanks want continued success, it's going to be very picky on who they acquire, including looking to get people who are young, aren't overpriced, willing to bust their hump to get the wins. I don't think you can put a price on that one.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• I have to say that I would not consider fans like Mattingly here to be "spoiled" at all. He loves his team. With further discussion with Mattingly, you'd find out that he was with the Yankees through thick and thin. When they were beaten in the 1995 ALDS by the M's. When they didn't win a WS for several years in the 80s and 90s.

Comment

• Originally posted by tearforamariner
        I have to say that I would not consider fans like Mattingly here to be "spoiled" at all. He loves his team. With further discussion with Mattingly, you'd find out that he was with the Yankees through thick and thin. When they were beaten in the 1995 ALDS by the M's. When they didn't win a WS for several years in the 80s and 90s.
        Well, I wasn't a huge fan back then, but at least a fan nonetheless.

Regardless, there are some Yankee fans spouting off a the lip like they know more than others, just as other teams' fans will do the same. So long as they're a baseball fan, honor their team, respect other baseball fans, I'm not overly concerned.

On another note, nice going, TFAM. You should be gaining more ground on Boston shortly. Here's to freezing Ken out with the big Frapucchino!
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
          Well, I wasn't a huge fan back then, but at least a fan nonetheless.

Regardless, there are some Yankee fans spouting off a the lip like they know more than others, just as other teams' fans will do the same. So long as they're a baseball fan, honor their team, respect other baseball fans, I'm not overly concerned.

On another note, nice going, TFAM. You should be gaining more ground on Boston shortly. Here's to freezing Ken out with the big Frapucchino!
          Sorry, we have our eye on the AL West. Ask Oakland to stop Boston.

Comment

Sorry, we have our eye on the AL West. Ask Oakland to stop Boston.
            Well if you win, at least please make it close. Last I heard, only four teams can make the playoffs, so if Oakland's taking care of Boston means they get the WC, that'll put Ken saying "This is our year" all over again next March or April. It never fails.

Comment

Well if you win, at least please make it close. Last I heard, only four teams can make the playoffs, so if Oakland's taking care of Boston means they get the WC, that'll put Ken saying "This is our year" all over again next March or April. It never fails.
              C'mon Mattingly, won't you even admit that Boston has a decent team?

Comment

C'mon Mattingly, won't you even admit that Boston has a decent team?
                Sure, I will. I have absolutely no problem saying that Boston has a great team. However, first they must either beat us for the AL title and/or beat us in the ALCS.

They should move to the NL so that we can beat them in game 7 of the WS. On second thought, we should just sweep them, allowing them 1 run per game. Seeing our guys celebrate on their infield would be so much fun.

Comment

Sure, I will. I have absolutely no problem saying that Boston has a great team. However, first they must either beat us for the AL title and/or beat us in the ALCS.

They should move to the NL so that we can beat them in game 7 of the WS. On second thought, we should just sweep them, allowing them 1 run per game. Seeing our guys celebrate on their infield would be so much fun.
                  Okay, I take back everything I just said about Mattingly.

Comment

What exactly did you say?

{If it's any good, I'll archive it}
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

I have to say that I would not consider fans like Mattingly here to be "spoiled" at all. He loves his team. With further discussion with Mattingly, you'd find out that he was with the Yankees through thick and thin. When they were beaten in the 1995 ALDS by the M's. When they didn't win a WS for several years in the 80s and 90s.
                      This.

Comment

And deservedly so, as I don't blame you.

Hey, Ken, you have fun at the Jake yesterday? Or was there a certain chill in the air? :gt

Comment

• Hey Mattingly, I went to go by you a broom, but for some reason they're all sold out in these parts. wonder why

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                            What exactly did you say?

{If it's any good, I'll archive it}
                            Look up two posts above the one I'm replying to, and see if that's "any good".

Worthy of archiving, Ken?

Comment

Hey Mattingly, I went to go by you a broom, but for some reason they're all sold out in these parts. wonder why
                              By Tacoma? Who've you swept recently? Oh yeah, no wonder Zito75's MIA about now. Must be the total shame or something.

Anyway, make sure you two end up within a game or 2 of each other, and just above Boston. No 1 game playoffs allowed. On second thought, that may not be so bad. I hear that Boston's not so good at those (1948 (CLE), 1978 (NYY)).

Comment

• Hardly

Originally posted by tearforamariner
                                I have to say that I would not consider fans like Mattingly here to be "spoiled" at all. He loves his team. With further discussion with Mattingly, you'd find out that he was with the Yankees through thick and thin. When they were beaten in the 1995 ALDS by the M's.

When they didn't win a WS for several years in the 80s and 90s. {Ya, that must of been hell...} _

I'd not only take it back...I'd delete the whole post...
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X