Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattingly we both know that the cards will win a World Championship in the next few years. Maybe they can beat Boston for the 3rd time in the world series.
    International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

"The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
    Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

19261931193419421944 1946196419671982

Comment

• 14 - 3 . . . Nice way to clinch a playoff birth . . .

Originally posted by drillerman
      your best shoot Ken? do you mean your best shot?
      No not me... I'm telling Matt' to hit me with his best shot.
      YankeeMan has taken Matt under his wing to teach him the finer points of not-so-suttle debating...
      Larry Bird was a cocky SOB, but he had the talent back up every thing he said.
      This is nothing like that...Matt's counting on a team to back up his bravado.
      I really hope I get to force feed him all the trash that's been dumped up here in Boston...

Remember this...
      Every season is new and every new season brings a different set of players to every team.
      A teams past has no bearing on the present team.
      Enjoy the post-season, I know I will!
      Attached Files
      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Re: Hit me with your best shoot

Originally posted by Mattingly
        It is hereby decreed and has been proclaimed into law that no Boston Red Sox team will ever knock out a Yankee team to go onto the WS. In an off year, so be it, but game 7 always rears its ugly head at the most unexpected moment. In the good years, it'll never happen.

It is impossible to consider the Boston Red Sox beating the NY Yankees in a 7-game series. It cannot happen, and therefore will not happen. It's all up to Lowe and Wakefield, since we've got Pedro fully covered!

Now then, I'll need to be reminded just how many weeks our bet was as to who will win their next WS first. We'll have to have a super duper bet if we do eventually meet in the ALCS. Not only avs and sigs, but dignity and territorial pride is at stake. You shall not win, the Yankees shall always prevail!

Please file that away somewhere with your great grandkids, as you're never gonna use it! *Never*!
        Never huh? Well then it won't, matter to you if I take 3-1 odds right? You D I D say NEVER right? Or are you just another NYer being loud so everyone can hear you can actually talk.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by KenFougere; 09-25-2003, 10:13 PM.
        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Well Ken, you can only lose your av and signature for the week after the ALCS. A week later, the Yanks will be winning the World Series and then it'll belong to me "for as long as the winner's team is the World Champions." Here's hoping for a 3-peat.
          WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan
            Well Ken, you can only lose your av and signature for the week after the ALCS. A week later, the Yanks will be winning the World Series and then it'll belong to me "for as long as the winner's team is the World Champions." Here's hoping for a 3-peat.
            Ya, it would be great if the Sox won three in a row!!!

{Thanks for your support. "SHH!- mums the word"}
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Hit me with your best shoot

Originally posted by KenFougere
              Never huh? Well then it won't, matter to you if I take 3-1 odds right? You D I D say NEVER right? Or are you just another NYer being loud so everyone can hear you can actually talk.
              Sorry, buddy, I'm tired of people asking the Yankee fans to bear an extra load. You 100% believe in your team, which is why you're our usual target, and so do I, as well as YM, which is why we're usual targets.

Name whatever you please, but I'll go 50-50 with you, and if anyone else on your side believes the same (they certainly all say they do), that's fine. I'll go 4-8 weeks with you if you'd like, but none of that 2-1 or 3-1 nonsense. That's only for cowards. If you truly believe in your team, stop hiding behind some "smaller penalty" safety net, just put it all up on the line and face your opponents!

Of course, if you don't really believe that the Red Sox can win it all this year, that's fine. I wouldn't blame you! :gt
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                Ya, it would be great if the Sox won three in a row!!!

{Thanks for your support. "SHH!- mums the word"}
                Didn't you guys just win the "Second Fiddle Award" for the unprecedented six-peat? Oh, you'd meant the big dance!

Womb to tomb, all BoSox fans will never see a World Series victory (unless they travel to Yankee Stadium, of course). The Bruins will win another Stanley Cup, the Pats will win another Super Bowl, and the Celtics will win another NBA Finals, but they will all be "Yankees S*ck" parades. Never again will any Boston team win the World Series.

Babe Ruth has declared it, and so it is law. You shall never ever under any circumstances win, so don't bother thinking about it!

Thank you.
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Re: 14 - 3 . . . Nice way to clinch a playoff birth . . .

Originally posted by KenFougere
                  No not me... I'm telling Matt' to hit me with his best shot.
                  YankeeMan has taken Matt under his wing to teach him the finer points of not-so-suttle debating...
                  Larry Bird was a cocky SOB, but he had the talent back up every thing he said.
                  This is nothing like that...Matt's counting on a team to back up his bravado.
                  I really hope I get to force feed him all the trash that's been dumped up here in Boston...

Remember this...
                  Every season is new and every new season brings a different set of players to every team.
                  A teams past has no bearing on the present team.
                  Enjoy the post-season, I know I will!
                  Make sure you all say "We want the Yankees" if you happen to get past Oakland, which I doubt. Either way, you'll never get past the Yankees. Never!

I'm relying on my team just as much as you're relying on yours. If we didn't have our teams backing us, neither of us would have anything to say.

Now I'm going to have to think of what to write for you to wear the 4-8 weeks after we've beaten your guys, if you even get past the 1st round.

Comment

• A preacher, a BoSox fan and his father are trapped on a lifeboat together. For 3 days the preacher listens to the boy talk about nothing but the Red Sox. Finally, the preacher, having grown weary of this, asks the boy, "Is there nothing more important than baseball? Suppose this boat we're on was sinking and you could only save Ted Williams or your father -- Who would you save?" The boy reponds, Are you kidding? My Dad couldn't even hit .200!
                    WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan
                      A preacher, a BoSox fan and his father are trapped on a lifeboat together. For 3 days the preacher listens to the boy talk about nothing but the Red Sox. Finally, the preacher, having grown weary of this, asks the boy, "Is there nothing more important than baseball? Suppose this boat we're on was sinking and you could only save Ted Williams or your father -- Who would you save?" The boy reponds, Are you kidding? My Dad couldn't even hit .200!
                      but what about the Cards Fan who resuced the 3 men in the lifeboat.

"The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
                      Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Comment

• Did you guys hear the one about the Billy the Yankee fan? It was career day at his elementary school, and his teacher asked him what he wanted to be when he grows up? The little Yankee Fan responded, "I want make a lot of money and buy a lot of things and be really, really happy!" His teacher said, "Well Billy, you know that money can't buy happiness, right?" And Billy said proudly, "Yes it can, George says so!"

Comment

• oh that was cold TFAM.

Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Comment

• Drillerman's sig
                            9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!
                            1926 vs New York • 1931 • 1934 • 1942 vs New York • 1944 • 1946 • 1964 vs New York • 1967 • 1982
                            We beat you in 1928 & 1943 -- it looks like we still owe you one!
                            WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• says who. I think we owe Boston a few more don't you Ym.

Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Comment

• Geeze Drillerman, and I thought YankeeMan's sigline was bad!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X