Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • At least it's one of your own players TFAM. Some people obsess about "the one that got away."
    WORLD CHAMPIONS!

    1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

    1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


    1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

    Comment


    • Originally posted by YankeeMan
      At least it's one of your own players TFAM. Some people obsess about "the one that got away."
      or did he really?
      International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

      "The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
      Dizzy Dean.


      9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

      19261931193419421944 1946196419671982

      Comment


      • WORLD CHAMPIONS!

        1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

        1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


        1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

        Comment


        • Originally posted by tearforamariner
          Wait, I thought it didn't start for another 40 minutes. Anyway, I'm going to the M's-A's game tonight.
          With Yanks playing the "B" team in game 2, the first was from 4-7, and the next was from 7-10. Usually, it's like 1-4, then 7-10, just to give the regulars time to rest.

          The regular guys won 11-2 in the first, but Jeff Nelson blew it big time in the 2nd game, allowing 2 runs to score, so we lost 3-2 in the 10th.
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

          Comment


          • Originally posted by tearforamariner
            YOUR ADS HERE

            Terms are?
            Ken Fougère

            Comment


            • Originally posted by KenFougere
              Terms are?
              That playoffs WC thread, where the loser of the 4 teams gets to have the others make him wear our av & sig for a week or 2. Anyway, that's on the first page here, so just look for it. I'd started that thread.

              Anyway, I hope that Oakland doesn't spank you guys too hard. Just enough to win should be humane enough.
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

              Comment


              • Are you new to this thread?

                Originally posted by YankeeMan
                At least it's one of your own players TFAM. Some people obsess about "the one that got away."
                I believe you're mistaken... Mistaken? Hell, you couldn't possibly be more wrong.
                Do you make these things up as you go along, or are you still looking at everything through
                (dark)blue colored glasses?
                If you check back, to all previous posts, the "some people" that you erroneously refer to, should be changed to "some people" . . .


                The only people who, {constantly} mention ex-Red Sox Babe Ruth,
                live 5 hours south of Boston . . .
                Attached Files
                Ken Fougère

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mattingly
                  That playoffs WC thread, where the loser of the 4 teams gets to have the others make him wear our av & sig for a week or 2. Anyway, that's on the first page here, so just look for it. I'd started that thread.

                  Anyway, I hope that Oakland doesn't spank you guys too hard. Just enough to win should be humane enough.

                  I wasn't referring to that. I was asking about TFAM's billboard.
                  Ken Fougère

                  Comment


                  • Re: Are you new to this thread?

                    Originally posted by KenFougere
                    I believe you're mistaken... Mistaken? Hell, you couldn't possibly be more wrong.
                    Do you make these things up as you go along, or are you still looking at everything through
                    (dark)blue colored glasses?
                    If you check back, to all previous posts, the "some people" that you erroneously refer to, should be changed to "some people" . . .


                    The only people who, {constantly} mention ex-Red Sox Babe Ruth,
                    live 5 hours south of Boston . . .
                    I was talking about Clemens.
                    Breaking News....
                    YANKEES CLINCH BEST RECORD IN AMERICAN LEAGUE
                    -- HOMEFIELD THROUGHOUT POST-SEASON.
                    WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                    1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                    1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                    1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                    Comment


                    • OPPS

                      Originally posted by YankeeMan
                      At least it's one of your own players TFAM. Some people obsess about "the one that got away."
                      I believe you're mistaken... Mistaken? Hell, you couldn't possibly be more wrong.
                      Do you make these things up as you go along, or are you still looking at everything through
                      (dark)blue colored glasses?
                      If you check back, to all previous posts, the "some people" that you erroneously refer to, should be changed to "some people" . . .


                      The only people who, {constantly} mention ex-Red Sox Roger Clemens,
                      live 5 hours south of Boston . . .
                      Attached Files
                      Ken Fougère

                      Comment


                      • ROFLMAO!

                        ...I just fell outta' my chair.
                        WORLD CHAMPIONS!

                        1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

                        1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962


                        1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Mattingly

                          Anyway, I hope that Oakland doesn't spank you guys too hard. Just enough to win should be humane enough.
                          M's win! M's win! The safe was great during "fan appreciation night". Everytime Edgar came to bat, EVERYBODY stood up and clapped. Final Score: M's 9, A's 3.

                          Comment


                          • So yeah, it looks like everybody's favorite Pimple, Zit-o, will have be changing his appearance the same time I have to change mine.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by KenFougere
                              I wasn't referring to that. I was asking about TFAM's billboard.
                              And Mattingly answered you. I lost the WC wager, so I'm waiting for my impending doom.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by tearforamariner
                                And Mattingly answered you. I lost the WC wager, so I'm waiting for my impending doom.
                                Sorry, I guess I forgot this entirely...
                                What now? You have to wear 3 sigs & av's???
                                Ken Fougère

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X