This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KenFougere
    I know who used to hold the Slg %, which did Seattle have?...
    I believe the '97 M's set records for both Extra base hits and Total bases.

Comment

• Re: The Baseball Offense

Originally posted by KenFougere

MLB Records Set by 2003 Boston Red Sox
      • Total Bases
      • Extra Base Hits
      • *Slugging %
      • 1st Team with 8 players over 80 RBI's

:gt
      Ken, get with the program. In "Yankeespeak", "the most critical time" means October, not April - September. Besides, has there ever been a Game 7 in September?

Did I mention that the 1927 Yanks swept the WS? They also had one of the highest Win%, at .714 (110-44). Get past the Yankees, sweep the WS and you'll be able to post this from here to never-neverland. Until then, I say that either the A's beat you or the Yanks have their own Game 7.

Will the slow roller bounce past Ortiz? Will Nomar hold the ball? I would ask if Manny would pop it up, but that would be too brutal. Or would it?
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Ken, how did your fabulous offense do against TB yesterday? Did they beat you 3-1 or did you beat them? I haven't checked the box score yet.
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• S-o-o-o-o Close!

Originally posted by Mattingly
          Ken, how did your fabulous offense do against TB yesterday? Did they beat you 3-1 or did you beat them? I haven't checked the box score yet.
          American League Batting

PLAYER TEAM AVG
          1. B. Mueller BOS .326

2. M. Ramirez BOS .325
          3. D. Jeter NYY .324
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: S-o-o-o-o Close!

American League Batting

PLAYER TEAM AVG
            1. B. Mueller BOS .326

2. M. Ramirez BOS .325
            3. D. Jeter NYY .324
            Earth to Ken, Earth to Ken. Jeter only has one number in mind, and that's #27. Have your bat crowns, CYA, SLG% or whatever. That's all consolation prizes. We'll grab some bling-bling that's not available north of the Bronx border!

If we win the WS, I'll post Derek's AVG, as well as pix of the parade! Have you ever noticed that they only hold parades for WS winners, not bat title winners? Gee, Ken, I wonder why!

Comment

• ESPN.com
              Here are how the postseason teams break down in terms of payroll: Yankees (1st, $157 million), Red Sox (3rd, $101 million), Atlanta (4th, $99 million), Giants (5th, $89 million), Cubs (8th, $86 million), Twins (15th, $68 million), Marlins (20th, $53 million), Athletics (21st, $49 million).... The Yankees paid $1.55 million per victory... ...The Tigers paid $1 million per victory.
              Who got the better deal -- the Tigers or the Yankees?
              WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Ken Fougère

Comment

ESPN Poll: Who will win the World Series?
                  Cute try, Ken. Avoiding my questions, I see. A typical BoSox fan ruse when given questions too tough to handle, I see.

Now then, I sill remember in 1999, SI had some cover story, "Why Pedro Will Win the WS". I laughed like a madman then, and I hadn't realized that readers picked WS champions. Anyway, what did Gammons (err, I meant ESPN.com) picked last season to win it all? The Red Sox?

Nice laugh, Ken. If you lose the first two games, what will the exit polls show? I mean by the 7th inning at Fenway in the 3rd game. One more thing: that's why they play the games, so forget the polls. No need to watch the games on TV if polls were meaningful. Now stop offering excuses and accept the inevitable defeat like a man!

Comment

• Re: Re: S-o-o-o-o Close!

Originally posted by Mattingly
                    Earth to Ken, Earth to Ken. Jeter only has one number in mind, and that's #27. Have your bat crowns, CYA, SLG% or whatever. That's all consolation prizes.
                    These are only measurement tools of skills being fine-tuned during the regular season so to perform efficiently during post-season play...I guess some people just work a little harder at it than others, that's all...
                    Last edited by KenFougere; 09-29-2003, 08:04 PM.
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

Poll? This isn't college football.
                      WORLD CHAMPIONS!

1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932 • 1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939 • 1941 • 1943

1947 • 1949 • 1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953 • 1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962

1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan
                        Poll? This isn't college football.

Nope, see the attached?
                        Attached Files
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Ken, in another ESPN.com poll, they said that Pettitte was more deserving of the Cy Young than Moyer. I don't take too much stock in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by tearforamariner
                            Ken, in another ESPN.com poll, they said that Pettitte was more deserving of the Cy Young than Moyer. I don't take too much stock in them.

Neither do I but,. . .
                            in this case it served it's purpose.
                            Don't you think?
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: S-o-o-o-o Close!

These are only measurement tools of skills being fine-tuned during the regular season so to perform efficiently during post-season play...I guess some people just work a little harder at it than others, that's all...
                              Yeah, Ken, we all know that this is your year and all (just like the last few decades), and the Cowboy Up thing, but make sure that a few days from now, you take your 3 losses humbly. If by chance you squeak past Oakland, take your 4 losses to the usual suspects like a man. What choice do you have but the inevitable, anyway?

Comment

• Who cares about polls? If 45% think that the Cubs or Red Sox are gong to win it all, then there's something wrong. Don't get me wrong, I love the Cubs, but come on, let's be realistic. One thing is to pick the sentimental favorite; another is to pick the one with the best chance of winning it all.
                                SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
                                "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X